Football Manager 2015

hogso

2. Why is Vlaar so good at freekicks? 

I suspects it's the PPM Shoots with power. I have a game with Leverkusen going and Hakan Calhanouglu, who's one of the best free kick takers in the world, didn't score a single free kick all season, despite trying probably around 75-100 of them. I switched to Son Heung-Min, who has free kick rating of 10 but same PPM as Vlaar, and he has scored 5 free kicks in just a few months.

Also spotted this in my game. Benteke is being sarcastic!

DOgjgPH.jpg

• Like 2

2. Why is Vlaar so good at freekicks?

I suspects it's the PPM Shoots with power. I have a game with Leverkusen going and Hakan Calhanouglu, who's one of the best free kick takers in the world, didn't score a single free kick all season, despite trying probably around 75-100 of them. I switched to Son Heung-Min, who has free kick rating of 10 but same PPM as Vlaar, and he has scored 5 free kicks in just a few months.

Also spotted this in my game. Benteke is being sarcastic!

DOgjgPH.jpg

How did you become so rubbish?

I've been playing Helenius upfront after he came back off loan, he'd scored a load at AaB. 5 games into the season, where he's started every game and he starts moaning at me that he'll have to leave if he doesn't get first team football. I promised him he'd get his chance over the next few games, in which he carried on starting every game.Then he came back to me saying he's not happy he's still not starting and requested a transfer. 

I hate stuff like this in the game, really ruins it for me.

Last season I congratulated Delph on his first England cap and he was unhappy about it. "It's taken longer than I thought it would have, to be honest." I said something like "keep your head down and you'll get more caps in the future." It ended up with his morale being abysmal. Silly game.

Finished fifth first season with villa...

Gotta properly rebuild now though, so many average players. Gabby is ridiculously injury prone, as is Westwood so I've sold them for a combined 12m

Paddywhack, I think that's a case of the game not really communicating the real issue to you. I might be mistaken, but I think that complaint has more to do with his squad status than the games played. But yeah, some of the player interactions and promises don't make a lot of sense.

As for Delph, I've been meaning to ask here hoping Andy would perhaps read it.. Why is he volatile and confrontational? I never really thought of him as such.. I can kinda understand it with Westwood, the way he sometimes react to the ref and opposition players.

Last season I congratulated Delph on his first England cap and he was unhappy about it. "It's taken longer than I thought it would have, to be honest." I said something like "keep your head down and you'll get more caps in the future." It ended up with his morale being abysmal. Silly game.

Did you say it with a winky smiley? If so, he might have thought you were asking for oral pleasures. That would explain the poor morale.

The player interactions and unrealistic injuries every game have made this game a farce.  First I've played since 2012 so not sure whether it's a new problem or if it's just something they have never fixed.

The game has being going long enough to have sorted them out.  Very frustrating.

Got fired in April of my first season. Not for league position though (15th with 2 games in hand). Mid-ish table was still very attainable as I'd already played all of the top 6 twice.

I played Jores Okore too much and the board didn't like it. He'd put in some poor performances (read: he'd scored a couple own goals and taken part in a couple maulings by the big teams) and the board asked me to drop him. I said ok. Then after a month of no appearances he had to replace Senderos because he'd gone off the boil.

2 games after Okores return and I was out. Ridiculous tbh. Had no choice. Had sold Clark pre-season and Baker was injured (of course).

Over those 2 games he'd got 7.5 and 7.9 ratings, scoring once.

Lerner out!

Paddywhack, I think that's a case of the game not really communicating the real issue to you. I might be mistaken, but I think that complaint has more to do with his squad status than the games played. But yeah, some of the player interactions and promises don't make a lot of sense.

Ahh cheers mate, that'd make more sense, I'll give that a go.

Just had an email informing me I'm one of the lucky winners from the movember competition, so in exchange for all of my personal details* you'll be able to look forward to seeing a short, injury prone goalkeeper in your game soon.

*Which I may indeed lie about

Don't you just love football manager sometimes?

I've moved onto Southampton in my game. Got them into the champions league.

Barcelona in the quarter final coming up.

My best player (CM) gets sent off in the match before son is suspended. Then the Sunday before the game my OTHER THREE central midfielders get injured, for a month, in the same training session.

**** off.

• Like 1

I think Stevo might have played the phone version. I had it a few years ago, it was good for a while, but the lack of players and fewer player attributes meant I got bored after a few seasons. I'm currently 7th in my FM14 game with Villa, second season in. 4 winnable games left, I hope I stay 7th.

Mine's the phone version but I'm still on FMH14

Plenty of unfinished business on there before I go for 15

It's a much much simpler version of Football Manager. But it's much improved from the first Football Manager Handheld that came out a few years ago. I got that and thought it was absolute pants. It's much better now.

But still very condensed. Scouting is way too easy, the match engine is pointless really as it doesn't make much sense, the lack of names gets really weird as you get more and more regens. At one point 3 of my back 4 were all called Sissokho. And there's 7 or 8 very good players in my game with the surname "Swinkels" (one of them on my team which is confusing). I might try and make a whole team with the same name.

Tactics are relatively simple too. Find a good one, buy players to fit into it and you'll eventually win the league. It's not like the full game really where teams learn your tactic and you have to change.

So yeah, if you want it as an alternative to the full game it'll never live up as it's nowhere near as complex and involving.

But if, like me, you want a phone game that you can play on your commute or while you're having a shit at work, it's fantastic.

Â