Where will we finish in 2014-15?

leviramsey

Patrick cheers I was hoping someone would do that

For me its tight and where as you think they have a better midfield I think we have to be honest. Forward line is interesting as I think Benteke is better than anything Evernot have by a distance but their back up is better than our back up and for that they nick the forward area.

Just saying they are not that far ahead of us in terms of the squad

Not that far ahead, but those fine lines turn 1-0 defeats into draws. 2-2 draws into 3-2 wins. They've more strength in depth and more creativity.

That said Barkley will be a big loss. Think they'll finish around 8th myself.

As for us, 11th would be decent.

Villa are 25/1 to finish top 6 on Bet365, I stuck a cheeky fiver on :)

Villa are 2500/1 to win the title. I stuck a quid on each way, so taking the title or finishing 2nd nets me an easy £2,500 ;)

Back in the real world, I said 10th after the first game. I think I'll place my bet on us to finish 8th.

Edited by Chewie

Seriously and without wishing to go over the top or anything but Evernot,  are they seriously man for man better than us?

A couple of weeks back you were saying 19th and relegation and now you're saying we're pretty much equal to the 5th best team in the country.

Everton have better full backs and central midfielders for a start.

A point a game from here on in would give us 44 points, which would have been enough finish 11th or 12th over the past two seasons. We managed a point a game last season and a little more the season before. I can't imagine we're going to get worse than that this season with what looks like a squad that has improved markedly in areas we were weak in previously.

So I'm seeing 12th as a kind of floor for my expectations. If we regress to being as bad as last season from now on we can expect 12th.

I think we can be looking for around 50 points and a comfortable spot somewhere in the relegation zone of Ceefax page one.

A bit of positive jumping the gun is a breath of fresh air what with all the negativity we had before the start of the season. "We'll struggle to get many points from our opening fixtures" "we'll be in the relegation zone by October" etc.

bookmark these few pages if you want a laugh at Xmas/New year.

tumblr_lr6px5ice31qdv8m9.gif

Yeah "ahahahahahahahaha" we'll all say if things have gone to shit.

Those stupid words removed thought something good might happen but it didn't and now they're just miserable rocket polishers!

But we were miserable rocket polishers all along so we're somehow superior to them!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

<_<

• Like 2

Sometimes you need to be a bit crazy, I think.

It was aimed at dude above you sorry

I'm well happy with life right now but we will not win the league under any circumstances other than the immediate expulsion of last season's top seven sides

Edited by bannedfromHandV

Sometimes you need to be a bit crazy, I think.

It was aimed at dude above you sorry

I'm well happy with life right now but we will not win the league under any circumstances other than the immediate expulsion of last season's top seven sides

And I thought you liked me ;(

• Like 1

I think others have said this, but the 10 points we have is 10 points closer to safety. We need 30 more points, so ten more wins and we're pretty much safe.

I wish we could be vying for those top spots or even getting 6th a few seasons running, but I think we're a mid table team this year (which is a great improvement), top ten would be amazing, and you never know.