Where will we finish in 2014-15?

leviramsey

This is probably going to sound silly, but thinking about our squad size and the fact we won't have any considerable amount of investment to strengthen it further unless/until we get taken over, would the most preferable finishing position be top-half but actually below the Europa League places?

This is probably going to sound silly, but thinking about our squad size and the fact we won't have any considerable amount of investment to strengthen it further unless/until we get taken over, would the most preferable finishing position be top-half but actually below the Europa League places?

Possibly. There's no chance of us breaking in to the top 7 anyway so it's the best we could do.

I don't think it would be preferable. Chances are, if we finish in a Europa league spot, Lerner will either decide that he no longer wishes to sell, or he will invest again to keep us in the position that we would find ourselves in. This of course if we have not already been sold prior to the end of the season, in which case , it will be the first window of the new owner and he would surely want to make his intentions clear to us fans? Not to mention we will of course bring in more money from TV revenue and also our final finishing spot...

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Europe League spot? Seriously people a bit of realism.

It's certainly not impossible, other teams have come from nowhere and had an exceptional season and qualified.

However while I don't see a problem in people dreaming of it, it's be insane to actually expect it.

8th - 10th for me. We need to have solid improvement this season.

Edited by Ghost_of_Pongo_Waring

Europe League spot? Seriously people a bit of realism.

It's certainly not impossible, other teams have come from nowhere and had an exceptional season and qualified.

However while I don't see a problem in people dreaming of it, it's be insane to actually expect it.

8th - 10th for me. We need to have solid improvement this season.

I didn't say it was impossible I just called for a bit of realism otherwise we might as well all say win the league as that isn't impossible.

We've no chance of getting in the Europa League.

The best we can do? Around 9th

Realistically? 13-14th

The worst? Relegation

We might have strengthened so that we don't have to play Herd or Baker every game - but we have to play Richardson, Senderos and Hutton - none of these are very good players are they? Humble and hard-working, hopefully, but there is a reason why nobody wanted Hutton and there is a reason why we got the other two so quickly without a fight.

I don't really fear relegation though, that is always a good thing. Before this summer I had a really bad feeling, but with some signings and Benteke back in action we will be fine. That's basically what this league is about for teams like us. Staying in it..

• Like 1

I just read a Belgium lawyer is going to take on UEFA over FFP. Worth started a thread over as it could affect us and the possibility of a takeover?

http://freepressjournal.in/revolutionary-belgian-lawyer-setting-sight-to-change-uefas-ffp-rules/

He has a point, interesting to follow.

Old story heard about it already I thought myself the legal challenges would come in after the big fines but all the clubs accepted it and I think that tells you all you need to know

I just read a Belgium lawyer is going to take on UEFA over FFP. Worth started a thread over as it could affect us and the possibility of a takeover?

http://freepressjournal.in/revolutionary-belgian-lawyer-setting-sight-to-change-uefas-ffp-rules/

He has a point, interesting to follow.

Old story heard about it already I thought myself the legal challenges would come in after the big fines but all the clubs accepted it and I think that tells you all you need to know

Old article. Strange how sky sports mentioned it today.

Would love a top 10, and I don't think it's too out of our reach, but I think a lot of the sides around us have strengthened so that could push us lower, maybe realistically 12th would be a good finish, but honestly I'd take us getting to delegations safety in April. That would be a result.

Edited by alreadyexists