Where will we finish in 2014-15?

leviramsey

Anywhere between 8th and 15th is possible.

A lot will depend on how well we play at home and if we can finally turn that poor form at Villa Park around. We're certainly a lot stronger, both physically and mentally it would seem. When was the last time a Villa side didn't panic when 1-0 up in the final few minutes? Or for that matter look so solid at the back.

Sanchez, Benteke and Kozak coming back will help us, plus one maybe two new faces. We're certainly in that group of sides in the mid-table. I cannot see us going down. We eneded the season so badly last year, but were safe by mid-March. We've got better since then.

2nd: 0.1%

3rd: 0.5%

4th: 0.9%

5th: 1.6%

6th: 2.2%

7th: 2.9%

8th: 3.7%

9th: 4.5%

10th: 5.5%

11th: 6.1%

^^^ upper quartile

12th: 7.1%

13th: 7.5%

14th: 8.3% == median

15th: 9.7% == maximum likelihood finish

16th: 8.5%

17th: 9.2%

vvv lower quartile

18th: 8.8%

19th: 7.5%

20th: 5.4%

(NB: the promoted sides are now accounted for as themselves)

1st: 0.1%

2nd: 0.4%

3rd: 1.0%

4th: 1.7%

5th: 2.4%

6th: 3.4%

7th: 4.4%

8th: 5.4%

9th: 6.3%

^^^ upper quartile

10th: 7.2%

11th: 8.0% == max. likelihood (for the record, the max likelihood finish for Man Utd is currently projected to be 12th...)

12th: 7.7% == median

13th: 9.0%

14th: 8.3%

15th: 7.9%

vvv lower quartile

16th: 7.3%

17th: 6.4%

18th: 5.6%

19th: 4.5%

20th: 3.0%

There's a definite top 7 (in my predicted order) of Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd, Everton.

After that I think it will be Newcastle and Stoke that will most likely finish top half.

Then I believe relegation is literally 3 from the other 11. Aside from the sides I've already mentioned it wouldn't surprise me if any of the others go down. The other 11 are all sides that could stay up or drop. It will all come down to which teams can put runs of results together and which can't.

FWIW I think Palace will be in bad trouble compared to most in their current situation.

With Villa, by my logic 3 from 11 gives us a good chance. Being optimistic I think Guzan, the back 4 and Sanchez, coupled with the threat of Benteke, will be enough to avoid the drop. Could finish as high as 10 or as low as 17 for me. So I will go 13th or 14th.

I'd say we don't look relegation candidates. But, we would need to keep our best players fit. If we do that, I can see us finishing as high as 10th. If we suffer injuries to key players throughout the season, I'd say we'd finish around 15th.

There's a definite top 7 (in my predicted order) of Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd, Everton.

After that I think it will be Newcastle and Stoke that will most likely finish top half.

Teams we've already got 4 points out of.

In my eyes now, if we improve our home form there's no reason why we couldn't end in the top half. We've played some good football so far and have a brilliant defensive set up that will be difficult for a lot of teams to get past.

Bring back our attacking options and who knows. But I predict around 10th.

• Like 1

3rd: 0.2%

4th: 0.6%

5th: 1.1%

6th: 2.1%

7th: 3.1%

8th: 4.3%

9th: 5.5%

10th: 6.8%

^^^ upper quartile

11th: 7.8%

12th: 8.4%

13th: 9.1% == median

14th: 9.4% == maximum likelihood

15th: 9.1%

16th: 8.7%

vvv lower quartile

17th: 7.8%

18th: 6.9%

19th: 5.4%

20th: 3.7%

2nd: 0.1%

3rd: 0.5%

4th: 0.9%

5th: 1.6%

6th: 2.2%

7th: 2.9%

8th: 3.7%

9th: 4.5%

10th: 5.5%

11th: 6.1%

^^^ upper quartile

12th: 7.1%

13th: 7.5%

14th: 8.3% == median

15th: 9.7% == maximum likelihood finish

16th: 8.5%

17th: 9.2%

vvv lower quartile

18th: 8.8%

19th: 7.5%

20th: 5.4%

Edited by leviramsey

As far as the first team is concerned compared to last season

We've improved LB, CB, RB, LW, CM, CM 

While also improving squad with additional left sided utility player in Richardson.

Some creativity in form of Cole (who I'm sure will contribute just enough creativity to yield extra points at home for us this season against some stubborn opposition). 

Return of Okore to add strength to our squad in central defence. Days of both Baker & Clarke starting matches is behind us.

With the return of Benteke and Kozak we will have additional power up front and more options. 

While I believe we have a real talent in Grealish who will emerge this season. 

Bacuna, Lowton & Bent offer some squad depth and importantly will keep the others on their toes and avoid this complacency/slump we experienced in spring last season. 

I also see some added tactical flexibility too. If pace isn't working, how good would it be to bring on Cole, Grealish & Bent for Gabby, Weimann & Westwood. 

Those options in a game where we can all see we are not getting through a deep Stoke defence at Villa Park say is something that will gain us those added points. 

Or set up at home against a top 5 side with Richardson on left, Westwood and Sanchez in centre to give added defensive options. 

Quite stunned by how well this summers transfers have gone and we spent what? 5 million?

Edited by CVByrne

Bumping this up to see if anyone thinks the Cleverley deal changes their thoughts on our position?

I still think around 10th. Much better average possession than last season.

Think the keane factor will have a significant effect on what we do this season

Steering clear of injuries to key players is a major factor and avoiding long termers will crucial.