Where will we finish in 2014-15?

leviramsey

I didn't know which thread to post this in, so I'm posting it here. Villa boy has post posted the official season reviews of every Villa season from 92/93 up until 2011/2012.

Here is the a link for the 04/05 season which I am currently watching.

As for this season, my prediction is 12th place. Bright start but it won't last.

• Like 1

Worried. We create nothing.

Personally I'll start to worry when Benteke is back and we struggle to create chances in the games where we'd be expected too.

We're in a really tough run of fixtures at the minute, if we can come out the other side of it with renewed confidence with Benteke's return we'll be fine. 

• Like 1

Worried. We create nothing.

Worry if we create nothing against bottom half teams. We created plenty v Hull and I was happy with the chances at Stoke.

We've been unlucky. As much as I was critical last season of always going on losing runs after great wins, these two games we were always going to struggle to pick up more than a point tbh. Last weekend was a write off and you can count on one hand teams who'll pick up anything at Stamford Bridge this season.

Hopefully we can get something v Man. City and Everton with Benteke back, four straight defeats would be disappointing.

I didn't know which thread to post this in, so I'm posting it here. Villa boy has post posted the official season reviews of every Villa season from 92/93 up until 2011/2012.

Here is the a link for the 04/05 season which I am currently watching.

As for this season, my prediction is 12th place. Bright start but it won't last.

Thanks pal. For anyone that's interested, here's the list of season reviews.

1980-1981

1988-1989

1991-1992

1993-1994

1994-1995

1995-1996

1996-1997

1997-1998

1998-1999

1999-2000

2000-2001

2001-2002

2002-2003

2003-2004

2004-2005
  • Like 3

i'd take 30 points at the end of 2014 - not sure where that would place us - but 6 wins 2 draws till then?

potential wins: QPR, west ham, burnley, palace, wba, sunderland

potential draws: any of the others

If we had 30 points on January 1st we'd be on track for a 60 point season which would, based on recent history, be good enough for 7th or 8th, depending on how the other teams fare.

There is not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening I'm afraid :lol:

Crikey, if we managed that we'd potentially be looking at safety before the end of January

i'd take 30 points at the end of 2014 - not sure where that would place us - but 6 wins 2 draws till then?

potential wins: QPR, west ham, burnley, palace, wba, sunderland

potential draws: any of the others

If we had 30 points on January 1st we'd be on track for a 60 point season which would, based on recent history, be good enough for 7th or 8th, depending on how the other teams fare.

There is not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening I'm afraid :lol:

Crikey, if we managed that we'd potentially be looking at safety before the end of January

agree! hopefully thinking... but a good target to aim for! (it is achievable if we get something out of the next 2 games IMO) mind you if we win 3 draw 2 and have 21 points (i think this would represent a pretty average perfomance over the next few games) and then spend in January... we should hopefully be safe by early Spring - burleny and maybe QPR will be virtually down by April too

You know, as mental as I thought your suggestion was at first, the fixtures do actually fall in such a way that it might be possible. Even being a bit pessimistic (read: probably realistic), we've got the following before the turn of the year:

Man City (H) - Likely 0pts

Everton (A) - 1pt possible

QPR (A) - Should be looking at 3pts

Spurs (H) - Likely 0pts, but 1pt possible

West Ham (A) - Should be looking at 3pts, but 1 more likely

Southampton (H) - 1pt would be acceptable

Burnely (A) - 3pts needed

Palace (A) - 3pts should be target, but 1pt might be okay

Leicester (H) - 3pts needed

WBA (A) - 3pts needed, but 1 would do

Man Utd (H) - Given their form, 1 point bare minimum from this should be the target

Swansea (A) - 1pt would do

Sunderland (H) - 3pts needed here

28 points would be acceptable to end the year with there, but I think any less and we should rightly be a bit disappointed. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could end up with 30-32 come the start of the new year, and then we've got another relatively favourable run of fixtures in...

Palace (H) - Winnable

Leicester (A) - Winnable, but a draw would do

Liverpool (H) - A draw would do, but probably a likely defeat

Arsenal (A) - Likely loss

Chelsea (H) - Likely loss

Hull (A) - Winnable

Stoke (H) - Winnable

Newcastle (A) - Winnable

WBA (H) - Winnable

Sunderland (A) - Winnable

Swansea (H) - Winnable

If we're not on 42ish points come the end of that Swansea game, we'll have failed