Ki Sung-yueng

OkoreLoveChild

It will be a strange signing if he happens. Why would he come to us? Or is he not as good as we think and nobody else is in for him?

I think you've got to take it at face value, and just say it was a good signing of a good player.

Or because he has been told something that we are yet to know about. Or maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

This one has gone a bit quiet but I still think it's got legs and will happen.

Interesting comment seeing as a few days back you thought the opposite. Cheers Trent.

Not sure what gave you that impression mate as hadn't previously commented in the thread other than about Kendrick and a lame joke about warranties.

I thought I read you type that you would be very surprised if we made this signing? (It may be that you said you'd be very surprised if we signed him for £6m)

Edited by PieFacE

I think if Ki is not sure whether he wants to join the club or not then Lambert would have pulled the plug on the deal already. I imagine the hold up is us haggling over a fee, or Swansea waiting to talk to him in person before agreeing to sell him. Lambert has seemingly only signed players who want to come and play.  

I think if Ki is not sure whether he wants to join the club or not then Lambert would have pulled the plug on the deal already. I imagine the hold up is us haggling over a fee, or Swansea waiting to talk to him in person before agreeing to sell him. Lambert has seemingly only signed players who want to come and play.

I don't think it's as black and white as that. With us being at a low ebb it would be foolish to not consider players on the basis that they want to weight up their options first. I think Lambert has little patience for players whose first question is 'how much' when he contacts them or their agent, but he must realise that a Premier League player has a lot of things to consider. I hope everything gets sorted and we can add him, then move on to the next one.

• Like 1

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/19/4968817/-?

apparently we have agreed a fee but he is stalling due to interest from different clubs.

At the top of this link it says arsenal are eyeing ki. Would be strange if they were looking at him with all of the midfield talent already at their disposal.

Lets just tell him we are in London. It worked with Benteke.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/19/4968817/-?

apparently we have agreed a fee but he is stalling due to interest from different clubs.

At the top of this link it says arsenal are eyeing ki. Would be strange if they were looking at him with all of the midfield talent already at their disposal.

Lets just tell him we are in London. It worked with Benteke.

I would not believe for a second Arsenal would sign Ki, not to say he isn't a good player. Arsenal however were heavily linked with Sami Khedira (which has since been rubbished I believe) & I just can't think Wenger would then look at Ki as an alternative. He's not the calibre they're looking for to challenge

• Like 1

This is very true and one of Lambert's strong points: "You want to come, then come. If not sure don't waste my time."

It's held true of all his signings so far (regardless of what you might think of them, quality wise). I think the link with Ki has legs still.

Happy days!

This is very true and one of Lambert's strong points: "You want to come, then come. If not sure don't waste my time."

It's held true of all his signings so far (regardless of what you might think of them, quality wise). I think the link with Ki has legs still.

Happy days!

I don't get this. A player is not allowed to consider all his options when making a life changing decision?

• Like 1

Happy days!

I don't get this. A player is not allowed to consider all his options when making a life changing decision?

When Dempsey wasn't sure about joining didn't Lambert withdraw all interest instantly then? 

With Dempsey though we could have been quite far down the process before the player changed his mind. Nobody knows where we are with the Ki signing, if anywhere other than expressing an interest. Besides, when Dempsey didn't sign we ended up with Benteke so maybe we can get lucky again if Ki doesn't sign.

• Like 1

Duncan Castles writes today in The Sunday Times "Ki rejected a £6m+ move to Aston Villa last week amid interest from Champions League outfits in Italy and Spain." 

I cannot see us going up to let alone beyonf £6m given money is too tight to mention at Villa Park but it seems that the player and his agent may well be hoping someone else comes in for him.   :(