Ki Sung-yueng

OkoreLoveChild

On Kendrick, he may be right however his rant at Lambert had nothing to do with what was going on at AVFC, it was a childish retaliation of being blanked by Lambert at an FA Cup game. I don't seem to remember Kendrick going off on Houllier nor McLeish, maybe because they gave him a few insights. Anyway this is going off-topic but as said above Kendrick will be the last person to know anything transfers wise at Villa under Lambert.

Edited by SikhInTrinity
  • Like 2

Wasn't this guy one of the most consistent players in the league last season? How on earth will we be able to sign him?

We're probably not even trying to, the newspapers have all just decided to pretend that we are.

Do we really want our main local paper journo to just be the spokesman of the football club.... Fair play to Kendrick. look whats happened at newcastle!!!

Yes actually, we do. We want Kendrick close to the manager and the club generally so that we can gain a little insight. We want somebody at least vaguely "ITK". Kendrick is a reporter, not a commentator. He should leave that to people much better at it than he.

Local journalist is contacted by fans complaining he is only producing the party line from the Club in the Mail so he then writes a piece ecohing the views and frustrations of fans and is then complained at for telling the truth because he then is not able to produce the party line which causes fans to complain...... repeat as necessary.........

Local journalist is contacted by fans complaining he is only producing the party line from the Club in the Mail so he then writes a piece ecohing the views and frustrations of fans and is then complained at for telling the truth because he then is not able to produce the party line which causes fans to complain...... repeat as necessary.........

I don't really care if he is pro or anti Lambert. I just hate his shit opinions and his stupid face. Seriously:

mat-kendrick-meets-tom-hanks-867785147.j

I wouldn't tell that face whether or not we were signing Ki Sung Yueng either.

• Like 1

Local journalist is contacted by fans complaining he is only producing the party line from the Club in the Mail so he then writes a piece ecohing the views and frustrations of fans and is then complained at for telling the truth because he then is not able to produce the party line which causes fans to complain...... repeat as necessary.........

I never complained. Different fans I assume.

• Like 2

Local journalist is contacted by fans complaining he is only producing the party line from the Club in the Mail so he then writes a piece ecohing the views and frustrations of fans and is then complained at for telling the truth because he then is not able to produce the party line which causes fans to complain...... repeat as necessary.........

I never complained. Different fans I assume.

He only looked like he grew a set when he thought Lambert was going and the club were being sold. That backfired on him big style.

• Like 4

Yeah, Kendrick was a bit of an idiot really. He obviously thought Lambert was going to be sacked, and he must have thought a takeover was happening. 

Can't imagine Lambert or the club giving him any more info at all. Nursey seems to be quite chummy with Lambert from what he writes, I'd take what Nursey says over Kendrick every day of the week.

The brummie mail may as well get themselves a new journo to cover Villa, as Kendrick is pretty much useless now when it comes to breaking stories.

Trouble is, with Nursey you tend to get a bit too much of the world as Paul Lambert would like us all to see it.

I'm not sure smooching up to a manager and recycling whatever titbits of news he is prepared to release is in the noblest tradition of journalism, whoever is doing it. 

• Like 1

So far we've had Percy, Nursey, Kendrick and The Daily Mail and Sky Sports all saying that we're after him. So based on that I believe that there must be something in it. Interesting facebook update from Ki himself the other day too.

Edited by useless

I would quite like to continue this ethics of local-media football reporter discussion. I appreciate it's off-topic. Do we actually have a thread where we can talk about this? 

On-topic, have there been any updates today? And if not, is that 'cos this basically isn't happening? It always seemed a bit too good to be true. 

Kendrick went massively up in my opinion last season when he started writing as the supporter he is rather than a boring 'do as the club' say journalist

We all know Nursery is wedged firmly up Lambert's backside so nothing he says will ever get taken seriously by me

If Kendrick wants to come out bashing Lambert for being the failure he is that's fine by me. Anything's better than trying to put a spin on stuff just to blind those that can't see for themselves

Someone said he didn't do that with McLeish. Probably because McLeish was generally considered a nice bloke and not a surly miserable ****

• Like 3

I don't really care if he is pro or anti Lambert. I just hate his shit opinions and his stupid face. Seriously:

As we say over here, he does not look `all there'.

As we say over here, he does not look `all there'.

Nobody ever said actors had to be smart. Kendrick looks a bit simple too.

• Like 2

Kendrick went massively up in my opinion last season when he started writing as the supporter he is rather than a boring 'do as the club' say journalist

We all know Nursery is wedged firmly up Lambert's backside so nothing he says will ever get taken seriously by me

If Kendrick wants to come out bashing Lambert for being the failure he is that's fine by me. Anything's better than trying to put a spin on stuff just to blind those that can't see for themselves

Someone said he didn't do that with McLeish. Probably because McLeish was generally considered a nice bloke and not a surly miserable ****

Absolute garbage.  How is painting the manager/club in a terrible light in the press anything other than a bad thing?

Fans can make up their own minds about how things are at the club - there's no need for the media to be doing the same.  All it would do is promote a crisis of confidence; "yay".

Edit:  It comes back to your opening line really "writing as the supporter he is" - a supporter gets behind the club no matter what.  They don't just liberally bash away (no innuendo intended :o)

Edited by bobzy

On Kendrick, he may be right however his rant at Lambert had nothing to do with what was going on at AVFC, it was a childish retaliation of being blanked by Lambert at an FA Cup game. I don't seem to remember Kendrick going off on Houllier nor McLeish, maybe because they gave him a few insights. Anyway this is going off-topic but as said above Kendrick will be the last person to know anything transfers wise at Villa under Lambert.

so its become personal.

look everyone is entitled to dislike someone else and it seems these two are no exception....I guess not everyone who does business together are big buddies.

however, there is a thing called being professional and Mat Kendrick like him or loathe him is serving the birmingham public, and many are Villa Fans, shouldn't that count for something.