Semi-Finals: BRZ GER NED ARG

limpid

Robinho isn't scoring for Milan

The crazy thing for Brazil is they seem to have had a wave of players with huge potential that haven't fulfilled it

Robinho, Lucas Moura has had a bad year, Leandro damaio has been injured and slipped out of contention, Adriano is 32 I think so could be there if he'd looked after himself, Luis fabiano isn't playing for São Paulo, Diego Costa you could argue is because of scolaris short sighted ness / stubbornness

Bit late to all of this but to add, Fred shouldn't have ever been near a call up but for a variety of reasons a lot of Brazil strikers have drifted away, if Pato had achieved anything like the potential he showed when he was younger this would have been his time, or had Adriano not got in with the wrong crowd he'd still be one of the best strikers in the world. Fred would be something like 3rd/4th choice had things gone to plan.

I'm not sure if it is Argentina having a solid defense, or they're simply not being tested because no team will open up against them because of Messi.

Tonight it was the latter. Against Belgium it was a bit of both.

Messi was probably the best player on the field still, he set up that chance for Rodriguez and also the earlier one that aguero passed up. No other player copes with that defensive attention

Yep if you want a shit performance look at what the 'great' Robben did last night. 

Both teams too afraid to throw people forward to win the game for fear of the counter. Awful football from both.

Germany knows how to stop Messi and, therefore, Argentina. Who, exactly, are the Argentinian players going to single out of the Germany side that would cripple them? No one.

And that is why Germany will win.

though Vlaar was brilliant tonight and has had a great tournament, wouldn't be surprised if he makes team of the tournament, cant think of many defenders who have been better.

as for Argentina, I haven't seen such a poor team get to a World Cup final since Argentina in 1990 and hopefully for football it will be a similar German win though preferably by 4 or 5 goals

If we're all Jurgens for wanting Gerry to win, then are the Argie fanciers all Billy Belgranos then? They were the last country to invade British soil after all!  ;)

Anyway, I hope the Germans sink them without trace.

If we're all Jurgens for wanting Gerry to win, then are the Argie fanciers all Billy Belgranos then? They were the last country to invade British soil after all!  ;)

Anyway, I hope the Germans sink them without trace.

Me too, have played the game in the right way, are entertaining to watch, and it ain't 1945 anymore.

Remember in the last wamr up game before the WC the Argie players had a banner about the Falklands. Dispise the team for two reasons.

1 for having the banner, and 2 for players getting invovled in politics.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the two eho didn't want to take the pen

Van Gaaaaal says that 2 players turned down the 1st penalty before Ron manned up and took it.

I'm guessing the two are people who didn't take any. Robben should've taken the first.

Name and shame Van Gaal

id guess Huntelaar is one, maybe Wijnalfum was other

Both teams too afraid to throw people forward to win the game for fear of the counter. Awful football from both.

Germany knows how to stop Messi and, therefore, Argentina. Who, exactly, are the Argentinian players going to single out of the Germany side that would cripple them? No one.

And that is why Germany will win.

Thing is, if you have two or even three players on Messi, it makes the rest of the game almost 9 vs 10. With the way the Argies are organised, it would be tough even for Germany to break through. It might be worth them just letting Messi run loose as I'd fancy the Germans to still out score Messi. It would make a much more interesting final.

I know he's not popular on here but MON does speak a lot of sense.

Really? He said he didn't rate Mascherano when he was at Liverpool. Also amusing me he's praising all these foreign players when you know he'd never sign any even when he had plenty of money.

Can't believe I'll be cheering for Germany in the final.

I know they've been a bit shit, but at least Argentina haven't cheated through the tournament. I don't think I could stand seeing Muller lifting the trophy.

I'm not sure about holding the Argentineans as paragons of footballing virtue...