Semi-Finals: BRZ GER NED ARG

limpid

Nah, after the keeper saves it, it comes back off Vlaar's shoulder and then rolls towards the goal. Wouldn't have counted even if it rolled over the line.

GFYCAT

Edited by Ghost

I'm guessing the two eho didn't want to take the pen

Van Gaaaaal says that 2 players turned down the 1st penalty before Ron manned up and took it.

I'm guessing the two are people who didn't take any. Robben should've taken the first.

Name and shame Van Gaal

Please regale us with tales of your world cup semi final shoot out experiences...
Why????

I beleive Robben should've gone first as I believe you should get your best players up first take the pressure of the others. My opinion, we're all allowed one; even you.

If you're referring to the part about naming and shaming, it would be interesting to say how pundits and ex pros respond/defend/have a pop at said individuals.

Why such a petulant comment?

I was referring to the "name and shame" part yeah. We've no idea what kind of mental and physical state those players were in. There's no shame in admitting you're not up to the task at that very moment, for whatever reason. In fact, far from it.

It was a semi joking comment, should have used the wink. But now you've had me think about it, it does highlight the blame culture rife in football. And society generally.