Other chat: not for match, team or player chat

limpid

Septic Blatter wants to take 2 spots away from Europe and give them to Asia and Africa. Surely if we have an all European final for the 3rd time in a row he won't have a chance in implementing this.

Spain vs holland wasn't a classic?

When people look back on this World Cup, one of the games they will remember most is when the 'all powerful' World Champions got smashed to bits by a team everyone (except 8pints) said had no chance.

• Like 1

When people look back on this World Cup, one of the games they will remember most is when the 'all powerful' World Champions got smashed to bits by a team everyone (except 8pints) said had no chance.

Chile?

• Like 3

Chile?

5-1 is more of a smashing than 2-0. After that hammering a lot of people expected Chile to win.

It's a shame the guy singing sounds like a man shouting into a bucket because I think this could have been brilliant. 

• Like 2

Septic Blatter wants to take 2 spots away from Europe and give them to Asia and Africa. Surely if we have an all European final for the 3rd time in a row he won't have a chance in implementing this.

The problem there is, you're expecting Blatter to see sense.

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest. It just weakens the competition. As much as I have loved this World Cup,. the European Championships is a stronger competition

Was...

Wait until teams need 3 draws to qualify as one of the 4 3rd placed teams

I think everyone wants blatter gone but look who's next, the man who potentially has ruined the euros, doesn't agree with goalie technology and will introduce sin bins

He'd use it as the primary reason to make the change. (Besides the briefcases full of cash from the African and Asian federations) .....He'd argue that it's too lopsided towards Europe. 

Was...

Wait until teams need 3 draws to qualify as one of the 4 3rd placed teams

I think everyone wants blatter gone but look who's next, the man who potentially has ruined the euros, doesn't agree with goalie technology and will introduce sin bins

I agree... the 24 team tournament ruins it slightly... no team finishing 3rd in a group of 4 should get through to the next round. 

He'd use it as the primary reason to make the change. (Besides the briefcases full of cash from the African and Asian federations) .....He'd argue that it's too lopsided towards Europe. 

Nail on the head there. All about who can grease FIFA's paws the most. 

At France there were 15 European teams, now there is 13, if Blatter gets his way there will be only 11 out of 32 in Qatar 2022. It's ridiculous but as others have have said he will find some bullsh!t excuse to do it.

This is where I don't think FIFA are corrupt, I don't think that they will give 2 places to whoever puts the most money in a brown envelope

BUT I am convinced they will make the decision based on which teams will generate the most revenue, they'll talk to the sponsors, the tv companies, probably event he host nation with forecasts based on tourism etc FIFA are a company that can legitimately make an absolute ton of money (although they are of course non profitable so with all the money generated will no doubt need another all expenses paid conference in the Maldives ;) )

It's not right that a decision is based on things like that but it's not as wrong as outright corruption

Going back to the all expenses paid thing, do some of the credit card bills get publicised after the tournament? I'd love to know what some of them have spent wining and dining, I did see at the weekend that the Dutch team had to move hotel because the big wigs were coming in for the final games