Nichlas Bendtner

Jesperchr

• 4 weeks later...

Former Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner is expected to join a new team within days following "interest from clubs in England, Germany and Spain".

The 26-year-old was not offered a new contract at the Emirates Stadium and is available on a free transfer.

A source close to the player revealed the Dane, who was at Arsenal for 10 years, was close to signing a deal after attracting a number of offers.

"He is expecting to finalise a move by the end of this week," they said.

Bendtner made 171 appearances for the Gunners and scored 47 goals after joining the club from Copenhagen in 2004.

The Denmark international also had loan spells at Birmingham City, Sunderland and Juventus.

Bendtner was fined by Arsenal in March for making an unauthorised trip home to Copenhagen, with his final appearance for the club coming on 2 February.

Could it be us!

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I'd him over Bowery or Holt any day. So not a bad replacement.

But as mentioned he didn't like being back up at Arsenal so theres no chance he would come to us as a bench warmer. Also don't think we'd match his wages in that case either.

also linked to us in the Mirror

Getty

Nicklas Bendtner is a shock target for Aston Villa.

Danish media are tonight reporting that Villa boss Paul Lambert is keen on the former Arsenal striker who is a free agent.

Bendtner's contract expired this summer and he is now considering offers which could mean he stays in England.

Eintracht Frankfurt have made him an offer of a three year contract but it is believed he may want less and would rather sign just for 12 months.

Villa have made just two summer signings so far in the shape of Phillipe Senderos and Joe Cole - both on free transfers.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-shock-swoop-former-3830006#ixzz36uLMjRCz 

A friend, has told me to put some money on it, he has no interest in villa, nor have i ever really heard in spout rumours so he must have had it from somewhere... We will see. Odds are falling dramatially tonight.

He did say hull is/ are the potential spanner in the works also..

Danish football site is reporting it happening
Basicly says his agent Tom Brooks is in close negotiations with Aston Villa

If PL can handle his ego, he can become a great player for us... But i wonder if he is sub for Beneteke or maybe his gonna play with 2 big guys up front and start playing Wimbledon style of football, with defenders aiming long passes for the box  :P

http://www.bold.dk/nyt/avis-bendtner-taet-paa-aston-villa

Edited by Jesperchr

Nicklas Bendtner 'dropped his pants and rubbed himself on my taxi'

Nicklas Bendtner's reputation has taken another battering after the Denmark striker was accused of threatening a taxi driver while worse for wear in Copenhagen on the same night his Arsenal team-mates had exited the Champions League to Bayern Munich.

Bendtner, who has not featured for the Londoners since 2 February but did start for his country against England last week, was reported to have unbuttoned his trousers and rubbed up against the side of the taxi by the Danish newspaper, BT. The 26-year-old is then alleged to have whipped the cab with his belt, calling the driver a "little whore". The cabbie was so concerned that he called the police.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/13/nicklas-bendtner-accused-dropped-pants-taxi-driver-arsenal

Sadly, I find that quite funny. And the belt thing is very Fawlty Towers.

I wouldn't mind him and actually think he's a better player than kozak.

I could also see him being able to partner benteke.

Steady, we don't know how good Kozak is yet

but Bendtner could turn out to be a good signing, only 26 also so plenty of gas left

http://www.bt.dk/fodbold/bendtner-taet-paa-ny-klub-forhandler-med-aston-villa

The link 'bold.dk' refers to BT as source for the negotiations, but in BT, Tom Brooks (Bendtners agent) answers 'No comments', when asked ...

I still hope this isn't true. Anyone but Bendtner. What a nightmare to be linked with that ¤%%#!&#%¤"#%#¤

Edited by Villain4Life

I have no problem with this to be honest, we could do much worse! We have been too much of a "nice guy team" for too long, we need the odd confident "Billy big bollox" and nasty bastard in our team! The lad is talented, and on a free! Welcome if true. MUCH better forward options than last year if true, no one can debate!

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind him and actually think he's a better player than kozak.

I could also see him being able to partner benteke.

Steady, we don't know how good Kozak is yet

but Bendtner could turn out to be a good signing, only 26 also so plenty of gas left

Yeah kozak could be good but I'm not too impressed at the moment. I think kozak will be a better finisher than bendtner but I think he has a lot of better qualities that make him a better player.

Â