Nichlas Bendtner

Jesperchr

I think he could do ok for us. We don't know how well Kozak will play after his injury, or what effect it could have on him, and to be honest we don't really know if he was all that in the first place. Bendter has PL experience (something last seasons signings lacked) and a point to prove, maybe he'll be alright.

I'd rather see us start with Kozak and then use Bent as backup, but that seems unlikely so as we aren't exactly cash rich it's good to see the club finally using the free transfer system and bringing in some older heads. Villa have always been piss poor in the Loan and Free Transfer market, maybe this year will be different, and it's not like we're signing unknown players from French Ligue 2 or the Danish league and expecting them to step up. 

Loving it. Keep going, shaping up to be the most entertaining and interesting window in years. If we were a serious team I would be worried but we are a joke. Would love to see Roy knocking this bunch into shape.

God only knows what next season holds, It's a mad house.

Can't see us being in for him.

Or me, Keane would never let him get away with pink boots.

Edited by jim

If he was half as good as he thinks he is he'd be twice as good as he is.

If he was half as good as you think he'd be if he were half as good as he thinks he is making him twice as good as he is, he'd be as good as he is, which isn't very good

• Like 1

If we were to sign him, which I can't see happening, I think his first week at the club should be spent locked in a room with Roy Keane. No windows, no outside communication, just him, Keane, a shit bucket and gruel served 3 times a day. 

That'd sort him out

• Like 2

I doubt if he considers Real Madrid are good enough for him or that Rooney's salary would be sufficient reward for his services so I doubt he will consider us and say £30k weekly a tempting deal. There is a football player there somewhere but he has been awol for a very long time. 

cole, senderos, bendtner.... my concern is that having spent the last three years getting the wage bill back in order, we're going to blow it all again in one tragic window.... these guys are going to be on substantial packages and are just as likely to be on the bench or the treatment table as they are in the first team.... the big issue by the end of the MON era was not that we had bad first team players, but rather that we had too many people being paid large salaries and getting nowhere near the first team...

am astounded how quickly one can get themselves back into the same mess all over again...

but they're still giving these guys two years in their 30s.... if it doesn't work out that they make the first team very quickly into their stay with us, thats all pissed up the wall... its hardly a case of them developing into better players over time...

If Keane joins us as coach, getting Bendtner might just work. Ok, so he has his 'mental' problems, but a father figure like keane to kick it out of him might work. And on a free, this could be a very good signing.

My worry is, Bent is done, and we need a quality attacker to start the season. Is bendtner that man? Wewill know when the season starts! but I'd prefer to have him as cover. Could we get a 26 year old with his quality and experience of the PL anywhere else for free?

Â