Nichlas Bendtner

Jesperchr

We don't even need another striker. Bent is available now and hes better than Bendtner. We don't really need to fill the squad wih crap players. We already have quite a collection. Kozak must be close and Benteke wont be that far off in September. Gabby and Wiemann are still around. Waste of money. Sign a DM instead.

Based off what is bent better than bendtner?

• Like 1

Well he seems to divide opinion at least.

The guy has a lot of talent, if he has matured a bit he will be a good pick up for us on a free, if not he could be a pain to have around. A bit of a 'moneyball' signing.  

Lerner is doing a "Major League"?

He putting together the worst squad possible so we'll lose and he can move the team from Cleveland Birmingham.

Hopefully we start winning just to spite him

In talks according to mail. What a joke we have become, even bigger than Brazil.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2685256/Aston-Villa-talks-Nicklas-Bendtner-Denmark-internationals-Arsenal-exit.html

Aston Villa in talks with Nicklas Bendtner after Denmark international's Arsenal exit

The Dane spent 10 years at Arsenal after joining the club as a 16-year-old

He made 171 appearances for the first team during that time

Arsene Wenger chose not to renew his contract at the end of the season

German side Eintracht Frankfurt have also been linked with a move

By SIMON JONES

Aston Villa are in talks over a deal for free agent Nicklas Bendtner.

The 26-year-old has interest from Eintracht Frankfurt but the former Arsenal striker wants to stay in the Premier League.

Villa are bringing players in on a shoestring budget and have made Bendtner an offer but discussions are ongoing as they try to strike an agreement.

+2

Free agent: Bendtner is weighing up his options after being released by Arsenal at the end of the season

Villa are allowing Nicklas Helenius to return to Aalborg on loan while Christian Benteke and Libor Kozak are out with long-term injuries. It means a return for Darren Bent and a need for more cover with Bendtner the target.

Villa’s influential chief executive Paul Faulkner stepped down yesterday. Robin Russell, who has been chief financial officer, will step in as acting chief executive to maintain continuity.

Faulkner said: ‘I would like to thank Randy Lerner for the opportunity to become involved with Aston Villa and for the relationship we built over years, which pre-dated my time at the Club.

‘To the Villa fans, I am grateful for their support over the years, and for their passionate love for and loyalty to this great club, which deserves the very best.

+2

Connection: Dane's stay at the club was hit-and-miss, as he struggled with injuries and disciplinary issues

‘I would like to make particular reference to the wonderful Villa staff both at Bodymoor Heath and Villa Park. They are an incredible group of people and it's been a privilege to lead and work with them on a daily basis.

'Villa is best in class in so many ways off the field and I only hope that success on the pitch follows.

‘I feel very humbled to have been able to spend such a long period of time amongst such special people at such a special club and I wish them, Paul Lambert and the squad all the very best for the future as I look to embark on the next stage of my career and a new

Could it be tthe reasoning behind taking on Roy Keane as number 2 is that he will try and get the best from these players.

Love him or loathe him he is a winner and will be respected by other professional footballers.

His goal record for Arsenal really isn't that bad - let alone his record for Denmark which is outstanding.  I think he's the sort of player that wants to be a big fish in a small pond; something that was never going to happen at Arsenal.  If we get him, he'd improve our strike force... you've just got to hope his attitude is good.

I put a tenner on this last night, and I regret it because I think it's more a case of various papers rehashing the same bollocks story. Kendrick said "according to reports in Denmark", which is a world apart from how he writes transfer stories when he actually knows something.

But a 26 yr old striker with the experience and record he has, if mainly internationally, replacing Bowery and Helenius, is clearly an improvement.

Edited by praisedmambo

Would be a gamble. He's at a good age, has ability and plenty of experience of the league. If we can sort out his attitude and give him a run of games maybe he could finally fulfill his potential?

If he's coming in on a relatively short deal (2-3 yrs rather than 4-5) and isn't on silly money it could be a good move.

I know he's not ideal but if he can fill the gap until Kozak and Benteke come back then he will be worth it.

If anyone can suggest a better option that would come to us and costs nothing I'd like to hear it.

• Like 1

He isn't that bad of a player... Hopefully lambert thinks that keane and himself can get the best out of him.... To be honest it could be worse! I'd rather have him than holt!

Tell that to the Arsenal, Sunderland or Juve fans.  In his club career from Arsenal to now he has scored 43 goals in 185 apperances.  Thats nearly 1 goal every 4.5 games.  His record says more about his ability than anything I can write. 

• Like 1

We don't even need another striker. Bent is available now and hes better than Bendtner. We don't really need to fill the squad wih crap players. We already have quite a collection. Kozak must be close and Benteke wont be that far off in September. Gabby and Wiemann are still around. Waste of money. Sign a DM instead.

how about premier league goals?

how about premier league goals?

I like the bit where people say Gabby and Weimann are still around, since the injury to Benteke in March, them two scored 3 goals between them.

Goal ratio of 1 in 4, played 17 games in 2 years, he is shit, he's lazy and he's shit, I'm not joking when I say this is worse than when we signed heskey, he's worse than heskey, he's an absolute donkey

Cue this reaction to every signing this summer.

Edited by SikhInTrinity
  • Like 1

Â