Nichlas Bendtner

Jesperchr

I don't think this would be a bad signing at all really. Wouldn't even be our main striker next season provided Benteke comes back ok.

Really don't think we will play him as a target man, he isn't that kind of player.

As for Weimann being better through the middle, biggest myth since Rooney being a number 10. He had plenty of games through the middle last season and he just couldn't put the ball in the net.

Indeed, but apparently any striker over six foot must be played as a target man according to some people.

Weimann's lack of goals nothing to do with our woeful midfield and appalling tactics?

Apart from his ability to score/affect the game from the middle.

Like I posted above 11 games, 4 goals, 2 assists.

And you're absolutey right, our tactics and woeful midfield were hugely to blame for the shocking lack of goals and chances created, Weimann should have scored more, definitely, but he did a great job as a forward being a winger and a better job when playing as a striker.

This strikes me as absolute madness if true.  If we're signing shite like Senderos, then money has to be tight, so why on earth are we buying ANOTHER forward?  He may well be better than some that we currently have, but there are far more pressing priorities, like left back, right back, the centre of defence and midfield.

Correct me if I'm wrong but at the moment our only strikers are Benteke, Kozak, Gabby, Weimann, Bent and Helenius. The latter two could be leaving this summer and with Benteke starting the season injured it makes sense to bring another striker in.

Nice use of the word "only".  He may be better than Gabby or Weimann, but I doubt it, and his attitude stinks.  And the latest reports are that Benteke will be back in training before the season starts.  Still, I'm sure Baker, Clark and Senderos will prove to be reliable defensive options, and Bennett and Luna will magically become less shit.

Interesting views on him from Sunderland fans.

Wish we still had him here

"When he fancied it he was superb. When he didn't we might as well have been playing with 10 men."

Edited by Risso
  • Like 1

Would really prefer it if we were focussing our attention elsewhere right now. I don't mind Bendtner as a signing all that much. But we have much bigger gaps in the squad that need filling, and I fear that Lambert doesn't have the ability to do it, or he simply doesn't see it.

Surely Bent will be off now then? 

Let's hope so. 

3 reasons I like this...

1. We have been set up by Lambert to play with a target man... and both our target men are injured. Yes Kozak may be fit by the start of the season, but we won't have any back up and its a gamble to rely on him after such a long lay off.  Bentner coming in allows both Kozak and Benteke to gradually get back up to speed.

2. Bentners age.  He is only 26 and I think a lot of his off the field problems and on the field attitude has come down to immaturity and the pressure put on him as a very young man.  He is often described as a (very) poor man's on Zlatan Ibrahimovich.  Zlatan was incredibly inconsistant as a young man and had similar off the field issues, hopefully Bentner will mature as Zlatan has in the second half of his twenties.

3. Roy Keane.  I cannot imagine Roy will put up with anything other than 100% from Bentner and perhaps he is finally the person to make him sit up and listen, certainly he has the authority having had such a successful playing career.

Bendtner could have become a really good player had he actually played more games. Being used as a substitute for most of your career probably hasn't helped. That being said I think he is an upgrade on Bent (as he is now)

I think because he comes across as a proper muppet a lot of people are judging his playing ability on that alone. He'll do well for us if he is given a chance.

The thing is Wiemann And Gabby and now wingers/inside forwards

PL seems unwilling to play them as strikers. 

So in that sense we have 2 strikers Kozak and Benteke who are injured.

i was thinking about this earlier, we now have tonev (!) cole, grealish, carruthers and robinson who can play the wingers / inside forwards role, so that means andi and gabby can be given a chance up front (which in turn would give grealish, robinson and carruthers a chance to get some game time)

even though he isnt going to directly keep grealish out of the team if he plays every week it means gabbi or andi will keep him out

Edited by villa4europe

Interesting views on him from Sunderland fans.

Wish we still had him here

"When he fancied it he was superb. When he didn't we might as well have been playing with 10 men."

That quote is Bendtner all over. We're bad enough without having to risk our ST becoming a passenger mid game every week.

Â