Nichlas Bendtner

Jesperchr

Ask Mrs Bendtner if she cares about our restrictions. There will have been other clubs in for him, willing to express his transfer fee in wages. So yes I think Bendtner would be on stupid wages, as Senderos is more likely on stupid wages and Joe Cole.

How stupid are we talking ? Your trying to say we was linked with Lescott,spoke with Ferdinand and then settled for Senderos despite having 'stupid' wages to spend on a defender ?

In regards to Joe Cole apparently he taken a pay cut to join us so again i'm not sure where your getting this info from...

I think relative stupidity. Cole and Senderos are not going to have had great offers. Bendtner is more likely to have done. Think of all the Turkish clubs who would love to have an Arsenal striker with that record of scoring for Denmark. And I'm sure Cole did take a pay cut to join us. His stock has never been lower, nor has Senderos', but at the same time their wages are significantly higher now than they would have been had they joined us with a transfer fee involved. That's what I mean by stupid wages. Wages dictated by their circumstance, rather than their ability.

Unpopular player thought of as rubbish by Villa fans, suddenly becomes a good signing when linked with the club.

I honestly think if we were to sign Zigic, people suddenly would rate him.

• Like 1

Unpopular player thought of as rubbish by Villa fans, suddenly becomes a good signing when linked with the club.

I find it quite hilarious the same people who declare Darren Bent to be shite based on one season at Fulham are the same who say that they won't judge Senderos by his time at Fulham (or anywhere else).

• Like 2

I find it quite hilarious the same people who declare Darren Bent to be shite based on one season at Fulham are the same who say that they won't judge Senderos by his time at Fulham (or anywhere else).

'Bent is lazy'

It's not just one season though is it? He's scored 15 goals in the last 3 premier league seasons at less than a rate of 1 in 4. He's not scored consistently in years and doesn't bring anything to games except goals so it's not a huge surprise people don't think he's worth the wages he's on and think they could be better spent elsewhere.

As for Bendtner, I don't think that many think he's a great signing but there's no doubt he is a big talent let down by his attitude. Some people are hoping that Villa might be an environment where his ego wouldn't be allowed to be so massive and he might just get his head down. Who knows? He may well not but when there's not much to be hopeful about at Villa then it's not a surprise that people are clinging onto something.

Does the 1 in 4 include substitute appearance though? Of which I'm sure there were many.

Of course, the same applies to Bendtner though and the same stat was used to slate him.

Pretty gutted to be honest. Can't see us signing better than him this summer.

Likewise, to a degree. When you're scratching around in the dirt for help and yet unwilling to pay for it I doubt we'll do any better.

Make no mistake though, he's a total knob.  

Both Bent and Bendtner are poachers and without good service (or any service at all) they both look awful on the pitch. The season we bought Bent and he managed to save us from coming down with his goals where mainly because of the good support coming from the wings. Downing and Young both helped him a lot. Bendtners biggest problem is as many of you guys has mentioned his attitude, he always compare himself to Zlatan as both of them come from the Nordic nations. I'm from Sweden and every time I hear him compare himself to Ibra I just can't stop laughing. 

I've watched him play one or two times for Arsenal and one time during his loan spell in Juventus, he sucked. In the Arsenal matches I watched he did score but thanks to Theo Walcott and the great support from the whole Arsenal squad and in Juventus he was simply awful. A big player who didn't manage to win any headers and his hold up play was not any good. He does have good ball control sometimes though..

If we end up signing him after all I just hope to see him play at least better then what Gabby and Weimann did last year and grab a few goals until Benteke comes back! 

It's not just one season though is it? He's scored 15 goals in the last 3 premier league seasons at less than a rate of 1 in 4. He's not scored consistently in years and doesn't bring anything to games except goals so it's not a huge surprise people don't think he's worth the wages he's on and think they could be better spent elsewhere.

You're missing the point though. Senderos has been crap for the past decade yet we have to pretend he might suddenly become good. If a judgement can be made on Bent based on past seasons, it can also be on Senderos.

Also, he never played in Lambert's first season and his strike-rate was acceptable during the McLeish season before the injury so not sure why you're including those seasons to try and prove your point.

I honestly think if we were to sign Zigic, people suddenly would rate him.

Speak for yourself, I've actually never thought he was "rubbish". I wouldn't mind him.

• Like 1

Â