Nichlas Bendtner

Jesperchr

This strikes me as absolute madness if true.  If we're signing shite like Senderos, then money has to be tight, so why on earth are we buying ANOTHER forward?  He may well be better than some that we currently have, but there are far more pressing priorities, like left back, right back, the centre of defence and midfield.

Correct me if I'm wrong but at the moment our only strikers are Benteke, Kozak, Gabby, Weimann, Bent and Helenius. The latter two could be leaving this summer and with Benteke starting the season injured it makes sense to bring another striker in.

Nice use of the word "only".  He may be better than Gabby or Weimann, but I doubt it, and his attitude stinks.  And the latest reports are that Benteke will be back in training before the season starts.  Still, I'm sure Baker, Clark and Senderos will prove to be reliable defensive options, and Bennett and Luna will magically become less shit.

As I said, two of those are likely to be off and Gabby and Weimann are often played out wide anyway. It's great that Benteke seems to be making a speedy recovery but I doubt he'll be back to full fitness by the start of the season. I remembered people questioned the Kozak signing last season and it turned out that actually we needed him quite a bit. In fact we really missed him once both he and Benteke were injured.

what would make FAR MORE sense is selling Gabby (and maybe Weimann) and BUYING an actual proper decent replacement. Not another **** carthorse

Do you really think our club is capable of making sense out of anything it does right now?

I bet the bloke in charge of the club shop is well pissed off,  another run on B E N T letters,  but then Lerner is doing his best to help by turning as many fans off us as possible this season so reducing demand

I bet the bloke in charge of the club shop is well pissed off,  another run on B E N T letters,  but then Lerner is doing his best to help by turning as many fans off us as possible this season so reducing demand

Give me Bent over Bendtner (and Gabby/Weimann) EVERY DAY

As the kids would say LOLZ

You watched Bent recently, it won’t be hard he’ll be the one standing still not making any effort whats so ever?

And I would respond to their LOLZ with a 'Have you watched Gabby, Weimann or Bendtner recently?'

and laugh as they scurry off licking their just owned wounds

what would make FAR MORE sense is selling Gabby (and maybe Weimann) and BUYING an actual proper decent replacement. Not another **** carthorse

Do you really think our club is capable of making sense out of anything it does right now?

Sadly no. It's like they're on a one way mission to depress me. Glad i havent bothered getting a ST. And wont until the words removed (L & L) have been moved on at the very least

There's going to be an absolutely awful cloud hanging over VP from the off this season. An owner who doens't want to be here, a manager the fans don't want and no new players to get excited about

Might as well relegate us now and save us the agony

As I said, two of those are likely to be off and Gabby and Weimann are often played out wide anyway. It's great that Benteke seems to be making a speedy recovery but I doubt he'll be back to full fitness by the start of the season. I remembered people questioned the Kozak signing last season and it turned out that actually we needed him quite a bit. In fact we really missed him once both he and Benteke were injured.

Helenius and Bent will make no difference as they didn't contribute last season anyway.

I could see the point you were making IF there weren't far more important holes to be filled in the squad.  The mere fact that we're signing somebody as crap as Senderos means that funds are limited, and the defence has been dreadful for years now.  I can't see how a sane manager could look at our defence, think that Senderos is the answer, and then go and spend money on Bendtner.  Gabby and Weimann are far closer to acceptable Premier League standard than Baker or Clark.

• Like 2

He priced himself out of a move to Germany recently so would seem surprising if we managed to get him. I think he'd be a good signing if we did though.

Initially Bendtner was said to want a 40 million kroner first year package (wage + sign-on). 40 mill kroner is about £4.5 mill.

Frankfurt didn't go for that, but has apparently offered Bendtner 15 mill kroner a year on a 3 year deal. (about £35k pw).

If he is being priced out of that deal by us, I am .... well, very surprised. Then again, we are talking about THE Lord Bendtner, so obviously we'll have to break the bank to sign such a class player.

Edited by Villain4Life
  • Like 1

With two forwards apparently leaving & two out long term it makes sense. If Lambert is still going to play GA & AW either side of a striker I get the signing.

What worries me more is his attitude, we're going to need every player to want to fight for every ball this season & he's not that sort of player.

12 month deal with an option for another 12 would be ideal.

Bowery or Bendtner?

Factor in wages and Bowery every time.

Yeah, technically you could argue that Bowery was paid £0 per goal.

You could also argue that his performance against Hull kept us up and was worth about £50m.

Bowery or Bendtner?

Factor in wages and Bowery every time.

Yeah, technically you could argue that Bowery was paid £0 per goal.

You could also argue that his performance against Hull kept us up and was worth about £50m.

Or you could argue that Villa actually secured survival when it beat Chelsea in March, as that gave it 34 points on the season, which is one more than Norwich finished with. The Hull match just made everybody feel better. 

• Like 1

Like I said I dont mind us signing him as he would be a good option to have.  He's certainly not as rubbish as everyone is making out.  However if we have a limited budget then surely we have other areas to worry about that are more pressing?

Bendtner is on a free so we won't be spending that much money on him.

This is nonsense.

A player is aware of his transfer free if he wasn't on a free. He will have this included in his wages or his sign on fee. There is no such thing as a free transfer. It just means that the transfer fee goes to the player, rather than a club. Players like to go on free transfers, because they get the transfer fee. Clubs are now having to pay a player's transfer fee to the player when renegotiating their contract, under the threat of the player leaving on a free and getting the transfer fee from another club. 

As Doug Ellis said, a new contract for a player is like a new signing. You have to buy them all over again. There is no real money to be saved in a free transfer. It just means that the cash is spread out in the form of wages to the player rather than any initial lump sum outlay to his former club.

Â