Nichlas Bendtner

Jesperchr

Really don't think we will play him as a target man, he isn't that kind of player.

As for Weimann being better through the middle, biggest myth since Rooney being a number 10. He had plenty of games through the middle last season and he just couldn't put the ball in the net.

Plenty of games?

11 games in the middle - 4 goals, 2 assists

Not a bad return when you play on the wing all year and so have no consistent positional awareness with the team around you.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay
  • Like 1

Not quite sure why this one has blown up so much in the last 24 hours.

Personally I'd be rather surprised, actually no stunned if this happened if for no other reason than Bendtner strikes me as the sort who would be seeking far larger wages than I would expect us to be offering.

I could be wrong, you just can't tell what is going to happen next at B6 but I don't see it being us signing this chap regardless of what speculation there is in the press.

As for Kendrick, he seemingly depends on breaking deals after everyone knows about them ie Joe Cole.

I don't think this would be a bad signing at all really. Wouldn't even be our main striker next season provided Benteke comes back ok.

Really don't think we will play him as a target man, he isn't that kind of player.

As for Weimann being better through the middle, biggest myth since Rooney being a number 10. He had plenty of games through the middle last season and he just couldn't put the ball in the net.

Indeed, but apparently any striker over six foot must be played as a target man according to some people.

Weimann's lack of goals nothing to do with our woeful midfield and appalling tactics?

• Like 2

Another meh player with an awful reputation but as we are the paupers of the Premiership..........blah blah blah.

Gutted how the last 4 seasons have been and having players like Bendtner will not improve our lot, still it might be more BS (hopefully).

This strikes me as absolute madness if true.  If we're signing shite like Senderos, then money has to be tight, so why on earth are we buying ANOTHER forward?  He may well be better than some that we currently have, but there are far more pressing priorities, like left back, right back, the centre of defence and midfield.

• Like 1

http://www.bt.dk/fodbold/bendtner-taet-paa-ny-klub-forhandler-med-aston-villa

Nicklas Bendtner can reach an agreement with the Premier League club Aston Villa already this week

It looks like a goodbye to Nicklas and hello to another Nicklas.

While Nicklas Helenius is going back to AaB on loan, so there is every indication that Nicklas Bendtner is close to a deal with Aston Villa.

Bt.dk learns that the Premier League club is far in negotiations with Bendtner's agent Tom Brookes, and a deal could be in place as early as this week.

The British broadcaster BBC said earlier Tuesday on media website that sources close to Bendtner indicated that a new club would soon be in place, and everything points to Aston Villa.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has long lurked in an attack that he would not pay a higher transfer fee for. Villas two topangribere Belgian Christian Benteke and Libor Kozak have both been injured for a long time, and they are both still in the process of rehabilitation.

Aston Villa can get Bendtner on a free transfer and therefore gambler Premier League club not so much. Moreover, there is very interested in getting rid of striker Darren Bent, who can not bet on.

The last boss in the negotiations, however, the usual when it comes to Bendtner, løndelen. Still think both parties to be able to reach an agreement with a compromise.

It has, however, according to data complicated and delayed the process a bit, to Aston Villa CEO Paul Faulkner left the club a few days ago.

It makes sense that Aston Villa is an attractive club for Nicklas Bendtner. He previously lived in Birmingham when he was hired out to Birmingham FC, so he knows the city and its surroundings. In addition, Birmingham is a half hour drive from London so he can still see his son regularly.

- No comment, says Nicklas Bendtner's agent Tom Brookes about Aston Villa Opportunity.

In football, nothing for sure though until all parties have signed a contract. In the wings haunted Eintracht Frankfurt continued, although the parties have been far apart in a dialogue this summer.

But, it seems that the saga of Bendtner's future very soon come to an end.

I don't think this would be a bad signing at all really. Wouldn't even be our main striker next season provided Benteke comes back ok.

Indeed, but apparently any striker over six foot must be played as a target man according to some people.

To be fair our manager only ever plays with a target man.

This strikes me as absolute madness if true.  If we're signing shite like Senderos, then money has to be tight, so why on earth are we buying ANOTHER forward?  He may well be better than some that we currently have, but there are far more pressing priorities, like left back, right back, the centre of defence and midfield.

Correct me if I'm wrong but at the moment our only strikers are Benteke, Kozak, Gabby, Weimann, Bent and Helenius. The latter two could be leaving this summer and with Benteke starting the season injured it makes sense to bring another striker in.

This potential signing depresses me more than seeing Lambert still in the managerial chair. Add Keane to that pair and that's a potential trio of clearings in the woods I can't abide at my club

Â