Jeremy Clarkson upsets some people again.....

mykeyb

A sort of odd, stumpy, pulsating chode that excretes racist puss now and then.

Amended.

Another reason to be over the moon that I get forced to pay money towards an organisation I neither want, need or like.

To to be fair, no one is forcing you. 

Get Netflix and Amazon Prime, use catch up TV for everything else and ditch your license. 

Of you really want to make a stand, it's not that hard. 

You could then watch Top Gear on catch up TV, whilst basking in the glow of satisfaction, knowing you are not helping to pay Clarksons wages. 

My problem with the tv license is they don't seem very accountable for the way they spend it

Wages of the presenters of bbc programmes are higher than itv, the cost of sports coverage is way higher

Easiest programme to shoot down is one of the few I actually watch on bbc, match of the day, by the time you've added in the wages and expenses I don't see how they can justify it, itv and sky don't do it so they certainly shouldn't be

Chris moyes and Jonathan Ross would be other examples, both were on wages that no other broadcaster would dream of touching, so why should one that is financed by the public throw money around like it?

It's true we could both improve the BBC service and save money with one simple move - we could stick VTers into these key roles.

With all music radio basically run by Xann and dAVe80 there would be an improvement and a saving in wages (I'm quietly confident they'd work 24 hrs a day for the occasional 'cool chewn' tweet or text).

Match of the Day could have a more stats driven approach with Leviramsey in charge.

Rugeley and Rob could throw something new into the mix on Bakeoff and Tony H could be our Tour De France correspondent combining his love of bikes and the French in a show that would essentially be a feature length episode of Casualty.

• Like 3

Never really get the issue people have with a TV license, it costs what, £12 a month?

For that you get BBC1, BBC2, various other channels plus all the radio stations including Radio 5.

I can't see what anyone doesn't get their money's worth from that.

unless you never watch BBC1/BBC2 or listen to BBC Radio. 

I basically only watch American series, films. with a bit of E4, ITV2, CH4, More4, music channels, and sports.

MOTD & Top Gear may be the only 2 interactions with the BBC i ever have, both watched on catch-up (never live).

i really shouldn't bother having a tv licence should i?

Never really get the issue people have with a TV license, it costs what, £12 a month?

For that you get BBC1, BBC2, various other channels plus all the radio stations including Radio 5.

I basically only watch American series, films. with a bit of E4, ITV2, CH4, More4, music channels, and sports.

MOTD & Top Gear may be the only 2 interactions with the BBC i ever have, both watched on catch-up (never live).

Shouldn't bother having a TV looking at that list...

How about the web content? You never visit the website?

A sort of odd, stumpy, pulsating chode that excretes racist puss now and then.

Amended.

Another reason to be over the moon that I get forced to pay money towards an organisation I neither want, need or like.

To to be fair, no one is forcing you. 

Get Netflix and Amazon Prime, use catch up TV for everything else and ditch your license. 

Of you really want to make a stand, it's not that hard. 

You could then watch Top Gear on catch up TV, whilst basking in the glow of satisfaction, knowing you are not helping to pay Clarksons wages. 

Yes how often are films and tv programmes added to netflix and Amazon Prime?

You need a license to watch iPlayer too. It may as well be called TV tax.

No you don't. You only need a licence to watch TV as broadcast, if you can wait for it to be on iPlayer no license required.

Really? I thought legally you even needed a licence to use the BBC websites within the UK. Can't remember who told me that.

You need a license to watch iPlayer too. It may as well be called TV tax.

No you don't. You only need a licence to watch TV as broadcast, if you can wait for it to be on iPlayer no license required.

Really? I thought legally you even needed a licence to use the BBC websites within the UK. Can't remember who told me that.

The law states that you need to be covered by a TV Licence if you watch or record television programmes, on any device, as they're being shown on TV. This includes TVs, computers, mobile phones, games consoles, digital boxes and Blu-ray/DVD/VHS recorders.

You don't need a licence if you don't use any of these devices to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV - for example, if you use your TV only to watch DVDs or play video games, or you only watch ‘catch up’ services like BBC iPlayer or 4oD.

From http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/how-to-tell-us-you-dont-watch-tv-top12

That's why I'll never pay for a tv licence again. I can wait a few hours to watch Have I Got News For You.

Yes.

It is irrelevant how frequently you watch it, you watch it and that requires a license. It is like saying you don't need car insurance because you only drive now and then. Yes I know the two things are vastly different but the principle is the same, its a requirement for accessing the service so regardless of how frequently you access it then yes you should have to pay.

Speaking of wages, you'd think Clarkson would have the self-awareness to not criticise the BBC at every opportunity. Especially considering how much he gets paid to act like a 1950s public schoolboy trapped in a sex tourist's body.

If I ran the BBC he'd be on his own the next time he caused a bit of controversy. Controversy by the way that is hilarious, unplanned, not at all cynical, and in no way a predictable attempt to drum up publicity for whatever book or programme just happens to be coming out.

Speaking of wages, you'd think Clarkson would have the self-awareness to not criticise the BBC at every opportunity. Especially considering how much he gets paid to act like a 1950s public schoolboy trapped in a sex tourist's body.

If I ran the BBC he'd be on his own the next time he caused a bit of controversy. Controversy by the way that is hilarious, unplanned, not at all cynical, and in no way a predictable attempt to drum up publicity for whatever book or programme just happens to be coming out.

You speak as though the BBC are not complicit in his behaviour. If one of my employees were to **** up I would ultimately be held responsible and rightly so. 

Â