Jeremy Clarkson upsets some people again.....

mykeyb

I presume Marr was talking about the BBC sacking a DJ on Radio Devon for playing a song that contained the N word. The song in question was a 1932 recording of The Sun Has Got His Hat On.

Utterly bonkers decision. I very much doubt the DJ even realised the word was in there and as the BBC is all shiny and digital why the hell was the song on their music servers if it was so offensive?

Are they going to stop playing Oliver's Army? What about that Jay-Z and Kanye West collaboration?

Context is everything, banning a word is utterly ludicrous especially as Limpid points out Black people use the word to identify themselves.

Yep....

The BBC has provoked complaints after censoring the Elvis Costello song Oliver's Army in a 6 Music radio broadcast.

The Mail reports that the line "one more widow, one less white n----r" was edited from the song – one of British singer-songwriter Costello's best-known – on Steve Lamacq's 6 Music show last week.

A listener then complained to BBC Radio 4 programme Feedback, suggesting that the BBC had failed to understand the meaning of the1979 song's lyrics:

The listener said: "Although it is not a nice phrase and I wouldn’t condone the use of the word these days, it is an anti-war song as far as I believe, arguing against British colonialism and the word would be appropriate for that song."

He added that he understood the lyric to refer to a pejorative term for the Irish used by British troops in Northern Ireland.

More here

• 4 months later...

Insulting Argentina now. The H982 FKL number plate was entirely coincidental. <_<

To me, I doubt it was a coincidence. But I also doubt it was his find or idea. Probably a producer of researcher.

Insulting Argentina now. The H982 FKL number plate was entirely coincidental. <_<

To me, I doubt it was a coincidence. But I also doubt it was his find or idea. Probably a producer of researcher.

The whole thing is scripted.  No doubt they wrote the story to say they had to "run out of" Argentina but didn't think it would spectacularly backfire.

The violence they faced - and news more angry demonstrators were waiting for them a few miles up the road - eventually forced them to abandon plans to continue towards the Chilean border via the Argentinian city of Rio Grande.

They are understood to have diverted instead to a remote road leading to the Radman or Bellavista Pass to cross into Chile.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-falklands-row-watch-4372888#ixzz3F6nA81rH 

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

(source is in the quote - yes, I know it's the Mirror, but still).  Even the "2nd escape route" failed and the whole Christmas special looks likely to be, erm, interesting, assuming it goes ahead. 

According to twitter someone has checked the vehicle and the plate was legit. Its a Porsche 982 so not beyond the realms of possibility thay someone plumped for H982 FLK as a plate number.

I can well imagine that the Argentinian government are making more of this than there actually is.

Non story.

Â