Jeremy Clarkson upsets some people again.....

mykeyb

Yeah you're right, they will forgive anything for ratings. Remember reading somewhere that the budget they get is astronomical compared to other programmes because it brings viewers in. Which is fine, but but that faux antiestablishment crap really annoys me, especially when people lap it up. If he really thinks the organisation is run by disabled Asian lesbians who fleece the licence payer, he should give his fee back and piss off to Channel 5.

• Like 2

Never really get the issue people have with a TV license, it costs what, £12 a month?

For that you get BBC1, BBC2, various other channels plus all the radio stations including Radio 5.

I can't see what anyone doesn't get their money's worth from that.

unless you never watch BBC1/BBC2 or listen to BBC Radio. 

I basically only watch American series, films. with a bit of E4, ITV2, CH4, More4, music channels, and sports.

MOTD & Top Gear may be the only 2 interactions with the BBC i ever have, both watched on catch-up (never live).

i really shouldn't bother having a tv licence should i?

Yes.

It is irrelevant how frequently you watch it, you watch it and that requires a license. It is like saying you don't need car insurance because you only drive now and then. Yes I know the two things are vastly different but the principle is the same, its a requirement for accessing the service so regardless of how frequently you access it then yes you should have to pay.

What I am against its the lack of choice. If you choose to only watch the other channels and not BBC then you shouldn't be forced to pay a license fee. Basically if you buy a tv you are required to give your address and the tv licensing people will come after you. I'm not saying the BBC don't offer a good service but its a bit of an outdated institution going back to the days when you could only get BBC and ITV. 

Edited by PaulC

What I am against its the lack of choice. If you choose to only watch the other channels and not BBC then you shouldn't be forced to pay a license fee. Basically if you buy a tv you are required to give your address and the tv licensing people will come after you. I'm not saying the BBC don't offer a good service but its a bit of an outdated institution going back to the days when you could only get BBC and ITV. 

I don't really disagree but until such time as technology can completely control access to TV and Radio to those who pay their license then it will remain an imperfect system but one that I for one am more than happy to contribute to.

I generally feel that a lot of objectors to the license fee significantly down play or under estimate the amount which they access BBC content (TV, Website and Radio) in a year. 

To me its good value, its a national institution and one I think everyone should contribute to and help sustain.

• Like 3

So you're happy to watch the products but want to exploit a loop hole to avoid paying anything to contribute to them being made.

More than happy thanks. If the BBC vanished there is very little I'd miss. For a supposedly 'impartial' channel the news is virtually unwatchable. I use the sport website but no shortage of alternatives. I'd miss maybe 2 or 3 programs. If I had to pay for these I wouldn't bother, but while they're free I'll watch.

I don't really disagree but until such time as technology can completely control access to TV and Radio to those who pay their license then it will remain an imperfect system but one that I for one am more than happy to contribute to.

I generally feel that a lot of objectors to the license fee significantly down play or under estimate the amount which they access BBC content (TV, Website and Radio) in a year. 

To me its good value, its a national institution and one I think everyone should contribute to and help sustain.

Yes it does represent great value for money when you consider all the radio stations as well as the diversity of coverage and no annoying adverts as well.

I'd much rather have ads on the BBC and save £150 a year thanks.

id rather pay Sky and not have ads ...oh wait !!

adverts are bloody annoying , cant even watch a youtube clip or the news now without Lionel Messi trying to flog your something

• Like 2

The no adverts thing, radio 1 is full of adverts, but it's adverts for other bbc stuff so that doesn't count?

I'm that accustomed to them now they don't bother me, the biggest problem with adverts is the fact that they are usually dire, especially during the day

Ads = toilet break, make a brew, check my phone. They don't bother me as I don't watch them. Simple. I'd much rather do something else for 3 minutes during a BBC show than pay the licence fee.

Edited by Ingram85

The no adverts thing, radio 1 is full of adverts, but it's adverts for other bbc stuff so that doesn't count?

I'm that accustomed to them now they don't bother me, the biggest problem with adverts is the fact that they are usually dire, especially during the day

Radio 1 is just noise for teenagers.

• Like 4

Ads = toilet break, make a brew, check my phone. They don't bother me as I don't watch them. Simple. I'd much rather do something else for 3 minutes during a BBC show than pay the licence fee.

It's not just adverts, it pays for the higher quality of programming... at least compared to other channels. Television has taken a bit of a dip in recent years but still, the licence fee is well worth it for 2 series of Have I Got News For You every year.

Whilst Clarkson is clearly a word removed, I doubt he's personally responsible for acquiring said numberplate. He's a presenter.

It'll be one of the 'researchers/execs' etc working on the show, thinking it'll be funny. It will, to a spotty 14 year old boy.

• Like 1

Whilst Clarkson is clearly a word removed, I doubt he's personally responsible for acquiring said numberplate. He's a presenter.

It'll be one of the 'researchers/execs' etc working on the show, thinking it'll be funny. It will, to a spotty 14 year old boy.

I get what you're saying, even if he didn't have any input he's still free to say no. Plus I doubt they'd even suggest it if someone else was presenting the show. They're just pandering to the word removed.

I can completely imagine it playing out, they'd have kept quiet about it until right at the end. Then one of the locals would be pointing at it and looking less than impressed. Jeremy and co would give it the full OMG treatment before being hilariously ran out of town.

• Like 1

Â