Jeremy Clarkson upsets some people again.....

mykeyb

I remember it was catch a tigger as far as I recall but looking back 20+ years I'm concerned there may be some misremembering going on then:/

Hope he's not banned. Whilst broadly speaking I oppose most of the shit he comes out with he clearly says it to provoke reactions and I hate over reactions every which way for every comment expressed however unwise it may be. Just ignore it / accept an apology and move on. We'll never know anyway what he actually thinks. And it was from a shot not designed for audiences anyway.

Just as a datapoint, it was catch a tiger by the toe when I was growing up in the Northeast US. And we didn't have an "ip dip" rhyme, but we did have "Inka pink, a bottle of ink, one fell out and you stink," which means NOTHING. One fell out of what?

Anyway Jeremy Clarkson. Is a word removed.

WTF is slope?

It's a slur for East Asian people coming from the shape of their eyes.

Which was largely unknown by even the most worldy of people.

You can't beat a bit of outrage for a story though.

What next ? we dig up Guy Gibson and hound his corpse for the name of his dog ?

Just seen a discussion on this Clarkson 'story' on sky news. There is a new film featuring said dog coming out soon and one of the sky news panelists said the dogs name should be changed because under no circumstances should that word be used. I completely disagree, it's all about context!

• Like 1

Just seen a discussion on this Clarkson 'story' on sky news. There is a new film featuring said dog coming out soon and one of the sky news panelists said the dogs name should be changed because under no circumstances should that word be used. I completely disagree, it's all about context!
seeing as Guy Gibson is almost certainly going to be American , in the US Air Force and flying B-17's as a result of another historical rewrite by Hollywood changing the dogs name to dog the II junior would be parr for course anyway

seeing as Guy Gibson is almost certainly going to be American , in the US Air Force and flying B-17's as a result of another historical rewrite by Hollywood changing the dogs name to dog the II junior would be parr for course anyway

We have a couple of flat coat retrievers in the family. The first my uncle wanted to name after Gibson's dog, but elected to substitute the 'N' for a 'D', in deference to the modern times. The second was bought from a German breeder and is named Gibson. The breeder was enquiring about the origin of the name, but they didn't tell her!

Anyone who has watched  "Pulp Fiction" might recall Christopher Walken, who plays Captain Koons, using the word 'slope' in his speech to a young Butch when he returns his father's watch.

• Like 1

So something that he didn't say 2 years ago has got some people uptight

Right o

The two aren't really comparable though, are they? There's a 70 year gap between the two, for a start.

You should not be saying that word (or mumbling that word) on a light entertainment show in 2012. Having watched his "apology" last night, he said that he said it three times (although yes, he said he mumbled the word in question). If he'd said it once, then I could kind of let it slide, and put it down to a stupid mistake, but to do three takes! Why the **** didn't someone go up to him and say, "Come on Jezza, should you really be saying that?"

he is untouchable at the bbc though isnt he, he could say anything, out loud, under his breath, mumbled, anything and the bbc wouldnt do anything. lets say it was one of the kids from eastenders, they would be gone like that, clarkson is bulletproof.

We had "Catch-a-tiger", "Ip-dip-dog-shit-you-are-not-it" and "There's-a-German-in-the-grass-with-a-bullet-up-his-arse, what-colour-was-the-blood?" (followed by spelling out the letters of said colour) up in Scotland.

Mind you, as it was Scotland any day we were allowed up out into the daylight was considered a win, if only to break the monotonous toil of the underground porridge mines.

• Like 4

So something that he didn't say 2 years ago has got some people uptight

Right o

The two aren't really comparable though, are they? There's a 70 year gap between the two, for a start.

You should not be saying that word (or mumbling that word) on a light entertainment show in 2012. Having watched his "apology" last night, he said that he said it three times (although yes, he said he mumbled the word in question). If he'd said it once, then I could kind of let it slide, and put it down to a stupid mistake, but to do three takes! Why the **** didn't someone go up to him and say, "Come on Jezza, should you really be saying that?"

Tat's because, in fairness to him, he didn't say it.

He deliberately mumbled to censor it. In fact he mumbled the whole sentence.

It was more like "eenie meenie miney mo, mhgmmmm mhmmmm mmhhhh toe, if it squeals let it go..."

It's just that in one take you can sort of hear the word. Kind of.

But to be honest, if his apology had been "I didn't say nigger, I said tigger" I'd say you'd be hard pushed to say otherwise. It's not audible

Edited by Stevo985

There's a party on the hill would you like to come?   Yes

Bring your own bread and butter and your own cream bun.   Can't afford it.

Who is your best friend here?  Scuba Steve.

Scuba Steve will be there with his knickers in the air and his trousers inside OUT!

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

there was also a twitter "outrage" last month because he called his new dog didier dogba, and you'll never guess what...his dog is black...

1000w.jpg

that slope "joke" was shocking, really cheap, cant believe they didnt edit it out

WTF is slope?

Something Jenny Jones slides down ?

Must....not.....refer....to my.....gentleman's.....romance......sabre.....

Indeed, I thought it was "veiny pork sword"

I don't know whether the audio on the clip I watched has been enhanced but the "catch a nigger by his toe" part is definitely audible.

Can I ask if you'd read the story or watched the clip first?

It could be you can hear it because you've been told its there and your brain expects to hear the words.....

Watch this You Tube clip and while you do please bear in mind that "its fun to smoke Marijuana."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj2dJsVpgCY

Â