Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

We should start Bowery up front.

Don't even dare. If you say his name three times he might just appear. A bit like Candyman or Beetlejuice. Be careful what you say!

Kiyotake kiyotake kiyotake.......

Hello?

I think it only works for things you don't want. Things like, Tonev, Bowery, Bennett, El Ahmadi, Helenius etc....

El Ahmadi is actually pretty important to us though.

• Like 1

Really hope the home crowd will stick with the team throughout the game. There will probably be patches where we (for reasons we all know about) will struggle with possesion and creativity, hell we might even concede a goal or two. But if Villa Park really treat this as the cup final it is, the players will feel the energy and vitalise them. As fans, I think we can play a vital role tomorrow (except those of us watching it on TV or on a crap stream:))

UTV!!!

Really hope the home crowd will stick with the team throughout the game. There will probably be patches where we (for reasons we all know about) will struggle with possesion and creativity, hell we might even concede a goal or two. But if Villa Park really treat this as the cup final it is, the players will feel the energy and vitalise them. As fans, I think we can play a vital role tomorrow (except those of us watching it on TV or on a crap stream:))

UTV!!!

It will turn really ugly if Hull take the lead and we serve up crap football again. Lambert will probably fluke another win though to save his arse for another year :-/

I really want to be positive and predict a result like the key games against QPR and Sunderland. The problem is the whole club is at a low ebb and I can't see the team putting a performance in. My only hope is Hull have their focus on the cup final.

Last post before I leave.

Come on lads, do us proud! Whoever scores the winner for us is my hero forever!

We have to get a result, but play aggressively still, don't sit back. We'll be alright.

UTV!

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2

Two stats that stood out for in the build up for this game:

We haven't scored more than once in only 1 of our last 12 games. Lambo take the hint we need more width, more people pushing forward and more attacking play.

If points were awarded for only 2nd half performances Hull would be bottom of the league. 

Come on you Villa boys. We are right behind you (unless you lose! ;) )

We'll win tomorrow and all will be well. At least in terms of safety. Then we have to deal with the unfortunate business of getting rid of that useless tosser in charge.

I'm confident I have to say just because we always seem to somehow get what we need when we need it most in these recent scraps. I know were shit etc but we'll grind out a W in this one.

Shane Long normally scores against us.

Jelavic has already scored at VP for Rapid Vienna.

Curtis Davies will have a point to prove against us as we let him go.

Mr Potato Head Steve Bruce hates us and will be well up for turning us over.

Not confident - beige pants at the ready!

Not feeling confident at all. All I want, or should I say all WE want is Villa to come back. Show some character, some passion, anything. Just a sign that at least one player wearing our beloved crest on their hearts wants this club to succeed. I want somebody, anybody (even if that somebody turn out to be Baker) to step up tomorrow and guide Villa to safety. Stay up the Villa. 

• Like 1

I am really anxious about this game too and yes we have underperformed for large parts of a very disappointing season...

However I am hopeful for 2 reasons;

1) Our better players are capable of good performances. If the following players have a blinder today, (which they have all done in the past) Guzan, Vlaar, Bertrand, El Ahmadi, Delph, Westwood, Weimann, Albrighton, Gabby etc then we can and should get a result. If those players show the quality we know they are capable of and give it everything they have, we will be okay.

2) Belief and positivity are a huge thing, not just in sport but in many if not all facets of life in terms of gaining success or achieving goals in whatever you strive for. If number 1 happens today, then the belief amongst the players will grow and that will feed into the fans and coaching staff at the ground and that positivity will feed back into the players further improving performances all over the pitch. This in turn will give the players confidence to beat a man, to put that cross in, to make that clean tackle, to take that shot, that chance.

I am hopeful that those 2 things can happen today because if they do, we are staying up and with this rumored takeover on the horizon, we will surely only move up the table in the future, back in with a shout at the glory days of old.

Up the Villa.

• Like 2

I have a good feeling about tomorrow for some reason, have absolutely no idea why.

I've woken up feeling not really worried about it. I'm not sure if it's confidence in Villa, or Stoke beating Fulham.