Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

We can't score goals due to our two main goal threats being injured so it makes sense to keep it tight and try grab a goal and then hit them on the counter.  C'mon Villa

• Like 1

Unless Gabby plans on hitting some form we literally have no goals in our team, apart from maybe a Westwood freekick.

Keeping things tight is indeed important but keeping things tight and not being able to attack is just scary.

Seriously pissed off, this is a must win game, why??? Whyyyy?!?!

Not only that, but one of the biggest attendances all season. What does Lambert serve up for the home faithful? 90 minutes of Hull having 80% possession, and us camped on the edge of our own penalty area. 

Every week recently has been the same. After the last game, I feel angry and want Lambert to be sacked yesterday. Then, during the course of the week, I gradually mellow and see some of the difficulties he's faced. Then he names a teamsheet, and I realise the man has completely lost it. 

Maybe it is:

-----------------Guzan--------------------

-----------Clark---Vlaar---Baker--------

Lowton------------------------------Bertrand

-------------Westwood--Delph--------------

Weimann-------Gabby-----------Albrighton

I probably is,

Which will probably mean we'll get overrun in the middle forcing our wide players to focus on defending leaving our forwards isolated and our defenders pressed for time causing them to pass the ball back to Guzan who will hoof it towards our forwards who will be outmuscled by the Hull defence and having to chase the ball...

Edited by sne

Just as Lambert's choice tactic of sticking 5 up front when we are desperate for a goal doesn't necessarily make you a better attacking team, filling the team full of defenders doesn't necessarily make you better at defending. He doesn't seem to have figured out that inviting pressure increases the likelihood of defensive cockups, which is our chronic problem. McLeish Mk 2.

• Like 1