Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

You know what, after being very down about this the past couple of days, I'm now feeling strangely confident. I think we're going to win. 3-1. Holt to score the winner. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

A point will suit both teams. Lets hope there's phone calls going on behind the scenes and the matched is fixed for a draw. 

Actually It'll suit Hull but won't do much for our predicament, we need two points for safety.

Actually, it would improve our chances of survival significantly even if it wouldn't guarantee safety.   Barring some huge swings in goal difference:

-Cardiff would be unable to catch us as opposed to passing us with a pair of wins now.

-Norwich would now need to beat both Chelsea and the Arse instead of needing just a win and a draw.

-Fulham would still pass us if they beat both Stoke and Palace. Any dropped points for them and they don't catch us.

-Sunderland will likely better our GD, so a point against Hull means they need 4 points more than us to pass us.   They'll likely get them.

The most worrisome threat to me is that Fulham willl win both games, since I'm already expecting Sunderland to get what they need.

Yeah a point is important as it eliminates both Cardiff and Norwich from our worries. It will also mean Sunderland can't afford a defeat to either WBA/Swansea, which while unlikely, it's still possible they lose a game. Only team it doesn't really affect is Fulham.

We, apologies Stevo, have it in our own hands and should just go out there and win. 

Looked on 3 hull forums now, not a single match thread, just talking about the final (don't blame them), so very little interest in this game, hope fist face feels the same way. Only mention of us on 1 site is they expect to bring their lowest away following all season

some comments from the hull forum...

'Let's kick 'em while they're down.'

'
They'll be a bag of nerves & their fans will turn if we score first'

this one is interesting thoughu;

'Well the squad have been given today and tomorrow off (at least Long has) so I think Brucie reckons we are'

maybe they really dont give a toss about our game?

some comments from the hull forum...

'Let's kick 'em while they're down.'

'They'll be a bag of nerves & their fans will turn if we score first'

this one is interesting thoughu;

'Well the squad have been given today and tomorrow off (at least Long has) so I think Brucie reckons we are'

maybe they really dont give a toss about our game?

Wishful thinking I say :(

The game against Liverpool in Jan

01 Guzan

07 Bacuna

23 Bertrand (Luna - 81' )

15 Westwood

04 Vlaar

06 Clark

08 El Ahmadi (Sylla - 62' )

16 Delph

20 Benteke

10 Weimann

11 Agbonlahor (Holt - 49' )

Anyone remember the formation? Didn't they pay a diamond?

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Baker/Clark Bertrand

KEA Delph

Lowton Tonev Albrighton

Holt

Tonev can shoot at will with either foot. One will go in eventually. Lowton and Albrighton are our best crossers/creative hope and i'd fancy Holt to get a lot of decent delivery.

KEA and Delph can keep it tight in the middle.

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Baker/Clark Bertrand

KEA Delph

Lowton Tonev Albrighton

Holt

Tonev can shoot at will with either foot. One will go in eventually. Lowton and Albrighton are our best crossers/creative hope and i'd fancy Holt to get a lot of decent delivery.

KEA and Delph can keep it tight in the middle.

That's not a bad shout TBH. 

Hoping for an electric atmosphere, the Holte (regardless of the 20th anniversary) needs to be on their feet for 90 minutes and the whole stadium needs to be behind the team no matter what happens. I'm in the North Stand lower so I'm on my feet for every game anyway. :P

If we win I am going out for an Italian meal and loads of red wine.

If we draw I am going out for an Italian meal and loads of red wine.

If we lose I am going out for an Italian meal and loads of red wine.

The Villa are never ever again going to affect my weekend. I have had enough of them.

Been there and said that many times, but the faith never ever changes!!  It's in the blood and nothing short of death can change it!!!