Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

I really think Bacuna needs to be pushed up behind the striker(s).

The pace of Albrighton, Bacuna and Gabby surging forward in a line could cause them problems.

So i'd start with something similar to what others have suggested:

-----------------Guzan-----------------

Lowton------Vlaar----Clark-----Bertrand

---------KEA------------Delph----------

Albrighton------Bacuna------------Gabby

-----------------Holt------------------

Maybe Westwood instead of KEA, but I'd prefer to have KEA's tackling ability to steal balls and set up counter attacks through the speed of Albrighton, Bacuna and Gabby.

If Gabby doesn't show replace with Tonev

When Holt's flagging swap with Robinson (I'm assuming Helenius won't be in the squad?)

• Like 1

It makes me laugh that people expect us to somehow get a point or better...we've lost over 50% of our games at home this season...

Not sure I understand your logic. If we had lost 100% of our home games I agree it would be a bit odd suggesting we'd get at least a point. But, as you say, we have lost over 50% of games at home meaning we must have either won or drew the rest. Although it won't be a high number it is not completely nuts to suggest that we could get at least a point.

• Like 2

It makes me laugh that people expect us to somehow get a point or better...we've lost over 50% of our games at home this season...

Hull have won 3 of 17 away games, losing 11. Now they have both eyes firmly on a cup final. You make it sound like us drawing is going to be one of the upsets of the season.

Hull have won 3 of 17 away games, losing 11. Now they have both eyes firmly on a cup final. You make it sound like us drawing is going to be one of the upsets of the season.

I can think of several teams who have come to Villa Park this season with an appalling away/form record until faced with cuddly Aston Villa.

Newcastle

Stoke

Fulham

United - had a string of defeats before their visit to Villa Park.

No reason at all why Hull can't add to that the way things are right now.

• Like 1

I can think of several teams who have come to Villa Park this season with an appalling away/form record until faced with cuddly Aston Villa.

Newcastle

Stoke

Fulham

United - had a string of defeats before their visit to Villa Park.

No reason at all why Hull can't add to that the way things are right now.

Exactly my point, we are the team to play when on a bad run.

Rooney always finishes a dry spell against us.

Yanited battered us, one of the few teams they've battered all year.

I'm hoping for a win, but if I'm honest, I'm expecting a loss...again.

Teams that have won zero away games come to our place and take all the points though

Luckily for us they haven't won zero points though. If they had, I'd agree with you.

I really think Bacuna needs to be pushed up behind the striker(s).

The pace of Albrighton, Bacuna and Gabby surging forward in a line could cause them problems.

So i'd start with something similar to what others have suggested:

-----------------Guzan-----------------

Lowton------Vlaar----Clark-----Bertrand

---------KEA------------Delph----------

Albrighton------Bacuna------------Gabby

-----------------Holt------------------

Maybe Westwood instead of KEA, but I'd prefer to have KEA's tackling ability to steal balls and set up counter attacks through the speed of Albrighton, Bacuna and Gabby.

If Gabby doesn't show replace with Tonev

When Holt's flagging swap with Robinson (I'm assuming Helenius won't be in the squad?)

I was going to reply to this regarding Bacuna, but on second thought I don't really think it matters so much. It's mostly going to be mental. If we're up for it, we'll win. If not, we'll lose just as easily.

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Baker Bertrand

Westwood El-Ahmadi Delph

Albrighton Holt Agbonlahor

Can't see us winning but if we could play out a draw with them it could be the point that keeps both clubs up. A draw would hold off Fulham, Cardiff and Norwich who all have tough games. Will be very tense, can't afford any lapses.

0-0

• Like 1

Any win will do, even if it's a scrappy last second thing like Fulham 2 years ago when Weimann scored.

I closed my eyes

Thought it was curtains

Soon be playing Burton

Any win will do

Far far away,

Our chairman hiding

The holte end was crying

Any win will do

• Like 2