Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

I totally forgot they have the cup final coming up. Makes me more optimistic tbh, despite our shitness. I think we'll get the 3 points eventually. Won't be fun to watch though

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Baker Bertrand

Westwood El-Ahmadi Delph

Albrighton Holt Agbonlahor

Can't see us winning but if we could play out a draw with them it could be the point that keeps both clubs up. A draw would hold off Fulham, Cardiff and Norwich who all have tough games. Will be very tense, can't afford any lapses.

0-0

That is pretty much how I would go as well.

It makes me laugh that people expect us to somehow get a point or better...we've lost over 50% of our games at home this season...

Hull have won 3 of 17 away games, losing 11. Now they have both eyes firmly on a cup final. You make it sound like us drawing is going to be one of the upsets of the season.

I can think of several teams who have come to Villa Park this season with an appalling away/form record until faced with cuddly Aston Villa.

Newcastle

Stoke

Fulham

United - had a string of defeats before their visit to Villa Park.

No reason at all why Hull can't add to that the way things are right now.

I highly doubt Newcastle's away record was appalling. We played them about 3 games into the season.

I night be wrong, but i think Newcastles win at VP in September was there first win on the road since they won at villa park in February last season

Doesn't sound like their fans are particularly up for it, let's hope their players aren't either. Although I get the feeling Bruce isn't a big fan of Villa going back to his SHA and even Sunderland days.

Could see it being a 2-2 draw, they will play with the pressure off and have players who can score, although we'll be bang up for it, just think we aren't capable of keeping Long and Jelavic quiet, hope I'm wrong.

I would opt for a 442 system early to push them back on the flanks and stop the flow to the front 2. My starting line up would be;

Guzan

Bacuna vlaar clark luna

Albrighton westwood delp bert

Wiemann Gabby

I totally forgot they have the cup final coming up. Makes me more optimistic tbh, despite our shitness. I think we'll get the 3 points eventually. Won't be fun to watch though

I really don't understand this notion. Them being in the final is NOT a reason to be optimistic. If anything they will be playing for Wembley places and will be out to impress. If the final was on Wednesday then fair enough but it's in two weeks time! They will be bang up for it on Saturday, make no mistake. I'd take a draw. 1-1

I really don't understand this notion. Them being in the final is NOT a reason to be optimistic. If anything they will be playing for Wembley places and will be out to impress. If the final was on Wednesday then fair enough but it's in two weeks time! They will be bang up for it on Saturday, make no mistake. I'd take a draw. 1-1

They were awful at Fulham and you got the impression their players were scared to go in to any tackle. Their fringe players might be playing for a final place, but their better players are playing to not get injured/suspended.

Jelavic and Long turned the game for Hull, that's who we need to be careful of. Especially as they don't have a final to worry about.

It makes me laugh that people expect us to somehow get a point or better...we've lost over 50% of our games at home this season...

Hull have won 3 of 17 away games, losing 11. Now they have both eyes firmly on a cup final. You make it sound like us drawing is going to be one of the upsets of the season.

I think it probably would be something of an upset . . . we're on such a catastrophically bad run of form that any positive result counts as a surprise. The bottom line is that they're a better team than we are. We were a bit better during the first half of the season, but they spent wisely in January and we've suffered injuries to key players. They're better, I think they'll win. 

• Like 1

I night be wrong, but i think Newcastles win at VP in September was there first win on the road since they won at villa park in February last season

That, and also the very poor form they were in generally when we went up their earlier this year as well. Fingered in the last minute... live and exclusive on Sky Sports...

I'm sure we'll do it this time. <clenches buttocks>

Lawro has tipped us to win 2-0, and also says even if we lose we will be fine cus Norwich Cardiff and Fulham are going down, so that's put my mind to rest