New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

I will repeat.

The Aston Villa 'crest' has only been round for about 17 years in our 148 year history. Therefore, a round badge is not traditional. It is nostalgic about TWO seasons. It would look like most other football team 'logos' these days however impressive we make it.

So disappointed it's nearly a given we're going back to a circle badge, Aston Villa should be shield.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Found a bit of time to progress this idea a little more...

spacer.png

spacer.png

All a bit too Masonic lodge/Freemason for me, sorry.

The Square and Compass - Home | Facebook

Edited by sne

8 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Think I could maybe try making it a little wider, and therefore a little shorter in terms of height, though that may make the 'A' and 'V' look less like letters...

Can you remove the triangle completely and show what it would look like on the shirt please ?

24 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Think I could maybe try making it a little wider, and therefore a little shorter in terms of height, though that may make the 'A' and 'V' look less like letters...

That’s actually quite exciting. How unique would our badge be in this league? Big fan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'd like to see what the badge/crest would look like if the lion was just a lions head facing forward and not a rampant lion.

lions grip pin | Masonic, Masonic art, Masonic lodge

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really like this. Don't care that it's masonic Lodge, don't care that it isn't a circle. Only slightly bothered that it doesn't say Aston Villa,  but it's a price I'm willing to pay to have the year and be different from the rest. 

Looks beautiful on the home shirt but I see a couple of problems.

It won't look good in its true colours on a light background, so if it was put on the picture floating around showing all the league's badges, it would look a little odd I think. It would also mean having to go monochrome version for the away kit 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I really like this. Don't care that it's masonic Lodge, don't care that it isn't a circle. Only slightly bothered that it doesn't say Aston Villa,  but it's a price I'm willing to pay to have the year and be different from the rest. 

Looks beautiful on the home shirt but I see a couple of problems.

It won't look good in its true colours on a light background, so if it was put on the picture floating around showing all the league's badges, it would look a little odd I think. It would also mean having to go monochrome version for the away kit 

That's pretty easily solved by adding a claret diamond around it as below. Personally I quite like the current trend of monochrome badges/logos, but regardless, a good logo should be flexible enough to do both.

spacer.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That looks ace! Can you see what it looks like with the star below the Lion? Maybe just me but the star being where it is fools the eye into not seeing an A. I’d also increase the scale of it. Nothing wrong with having big badges, no reason why the lion can’t be the height of the current crest overall IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

That's pretty easily solved by adding a claret diamond around it as below. Personally I quite like the current trend of monochrome badges/logos, but regardless, a good logo should be flexible enough to do both.

spacer.png

Agreed, I think the recent liverpool kits look great. I’m keen on simple shirt designs (such as the Luke promotion kits) and I think they look best with a simple badge. Such as:spacer.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Secret handshake before kick off every week, league win in record time.

👍 Yeah, might be on to something here.

Edit: Then again we are up against this lot.

Here's What the Glowing Orb Trump Touched in Saudi Arabia Actually Was

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Secret handshake before kick off every week, league win in record time.

Guaranteed Mike Dean is the Grandmaster.

Hence why he's been screwing us until we folded.

* You can bet all the Masonic VT members are laughing their arses off at us right now.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN