New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

56 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

But it's not a template for us, we had it before it became a template.

Not that anyone else will know/care.

We'll be lumped in the category of teams with template badges if we do it though.

Meh

Yeah I get that…. I get the nostalgia and the reason why people are so in love with the round badge but keep it for the retro shirts etc. 

I don't get the moaning about the round badge being old school or 'it's only been round for 17 seasons'. So people say that 'we shouldn't look in the past but look forward'.

So what? It's a shape. Nothing else. Why should a shape of a crest from 1978 determine what is right for the modern era?

I also don't care much about other teams having round badges. 

Something either works or it doesn't. 

Make is a square for all I care, as long as it's a good design, with the right colours and a good advertisement of the club's symbolism. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, May-Z said:

Just found this interesting article about 'the round badge takeover'. They're happening everywhere!

https://amp.footyheadlines.com/8936986692016627397/

There's some nice attempts in there.

Wonder if we can take hints from Miami and have a circle with a shield inside. 

David-Beckham-Miami-logo_dezeen_sq.jpg

I was thinking the same.....unfortunately my IT skills are pants.

Aston Villa for the Internactional part

1874 for MMXX

And just the lion in the middle...maybe star above the lion  or just under in the bottom of the shield....the lion looking more traditional like in the examples above

Had a play around this afternoon with a modern rampant line and just Aston Villa football club. The leg needs filling in I think but looks classic if we go down the no badge/shield/crest route

99E5BD33-3A4C-44E3-86D1-7233D0074388.jpeg.70404488bd8518dcf8ae50c22be0e3d0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Saw this, I like it! (@GAZ78 on Twitter)

BFF568FD-443D-417D-AF11-DD3550BDFC85.jpeg

It's not bad but the lion still blurs into the blue background at any distance.  I don't like the fact you'd have to monochrome it to work in the home shirt either.  Not for me.

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Kinda what we already have, just need to make the crest tighter and monochrome

Yeah it’s just the only problem now I’ve thought about it is the current lion has been the same, aside from a few small adjustments, for like 30 years. It feels like to me a new badge should be setting a clear identity for Villa and not a kinda evolution on the last however long.  If we just took the current lion it would feel like a nice evolution from the previous two badges rather than a statement. I think whatever they do for the lion it has to be new.

Im now so vehemently anti-‘circle with name around it’ badge now after seeing all those identikit ones with 18/19 whatever either side. It’s SO bland. Do we want to join the club with Bristol, Stevenage, Maidenhead, Brentford, Harrogate, Stockport and the City group just because we had it before? It will get old very quickly and we’ll be rebranding in another ten years.

This should be a classic.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Yeah it’s just the only problem now I’ve thought about it is the current lion has been the same, aside from a few small adjustments, for like 30 years. It feels like to me a new badge should be setting a clear identity for Villa and not a kinda evolution on the last however long.  If we just took the current lion it would feel like a nice evolution from the previous two badges rather than a statement. I think whatever they do for the lion it has to be new.

Im now so vehemently anti-‘circle with name around it’ badge now after seeing all those identikit ones with 18/19 whatever either side. It’s SO bland. Do we want to join the club with Bristol, Stevenage, Maidenhead, Brentford, Harrogate, Stockport and the City group just because we had it before? It will get old very quickly and we’ll be rebranding in another ten years.

This should be a classic.

We need a badge version of the 18/19 kit. Something that every time you see it makes you go Banderas.gif. The round badge thing is just nostalgia bait, there's nothing particularly Aston Villa about it, we've had plenty of other types of badges throughout our history.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The round badge thing is just nostalgia bait, there's nothing particularly Aston Villa about it, we've had plenty of other types of badges throughout our history.

I wish you would stop being sensible and intelligent about this.

23 hours ago, May-Z said:

It's clearly the lion to use, but I worry that this 'across all digital platforms' design brief will just force it to be a simplified/stylised version like Spurs' cock, Brentford's bee, Arsenal's cannon etc. 

I expect things like the mane, claws, thin tail, etc to be too intricate and will be adjusted in whichever lion they go for.

In the modern world the logo has to translate from print to digital to clothing, otherwise there’s no consistency and will look utter rubbish. 

whatever they come up with, they can’t have it different anywhere it’s used, will look very amateurish. 

I don’t mind the current logo but did like the old one too. 

Last one from me as I really should do some work. Tried to be clever with the tail and get avfc in there, not sure if it works. The banner could be ditched as for a cleaner look. E31EC478-DE75-41EF-A2A4-D04DF15B23EF.thumb.jpeg.4a774df1128b62a96cd5fd02dba0c637.jpeg

• Like 2