New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

17 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Saw this post and it gave me an idea of sorts, so thought I'd share...

spacer.png

i like it.  a much better version of the same shape i tried to make a few pages back. something different.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

There's going to be a lot of dislike for this but that middle badge is my childhood badge in the way the old round one is for many people on this board. My memory is hazy at best of my childhood, particularly with regards to villa and players - but that badge symbolises it for me and is a memory surrounded by hazy Muller or AST or Cows shirts.

I don't think it's a finished article, but I could get behind something like this.

I agres about that badge, that was the badge when i was following villa so i hold a soft spot for it.

That era was a great time for us. Finishing 2nd pl, league cup wins 🏆 👌 

53 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

I've been mostly on the circle badges, but this is pretty bloody cool and unique to be fair!

Only thing with the star is, what happens when we win another Champs League?

Anyway, I like it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've been mostly on the circle badges, but this is pretty bloody cool and unique to be fair!

Anyway, I like it!

New crest design competition. Everyone's a winner.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyway, I like it!

Thanks! It's just an idea I knocked up quickly, but if I get chance I might try and tidy it up a bit in places.

With the star, my first thought would be to reduce the size and have them side by side, or possibly move them underneath the lion, there's a few other options as well... I'm sure we'd find a way!

• Like 1

Why do we actually need a star on the badge?

I know it represents we won the European Cup but so what, Liverpool have won it 6 times but there are no stars on their badge, no stars on Chelsea or Man United's either, other than when they are playing in European competition I think.

There is only Villa and Forest who feel the need to incorporate a star into their club badge to represent European success, which to me is a little small time.

We sing about winning the European Cup about 5-6 times a game so I think people know we won it once upon a time, I'm not trying to demean the European Cup win as it was the greatest night in our history and I'm actually an old fart who remembers watching us win it.

As for the new crest I really don't mind as long as there is a rampant lion in there somewhere, not like the Henson kit that just had AVFC on it.

• Like 2

vil1.jpg

added a bit more sharpness to the 70s lion, kinda a blend of the current one and that one.

Controversial but the lion on blue with a stroke for visibility. Would be better if an actual graphic designer did it and it had sharp edges like a stitched border, but it’s an idea.

image.jpeg.3d8fccd564eeb712e61d2bbd776cd38b.jpeg

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

vil1.jpg

added a bit more sharpness to the 70s lion, kinda a blend of the current one and that one.

Controversial but the lion on blue with a stroke for visibility. Would be better if an actual graphic designer did it and it had sharp edges like a stitched border, but it’s an idea.

Looks like a fan token. Club might like that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

This is a winner for me ... one slight change ... move the star to just above the lion's head, to make room for the future stars.  Perhaps a white star? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

Brilliant and perfect branding for online social media etc and my favourite design thus far ! 

Can you make the AV pixelated out of interest like the floodlights or would that look cheap and tacky? 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, a m ole said:

vil1.jpg

The lion looks like it’s melting.

1 hour ago, withes_shin said:

Why do we actually need a star on the badge?

I know it represents we won the European Cup but so what, Liverpool have won it 6 times but there are no stars on their badge, no stars on Chelsea or Man United's either, other than when they are playing in European competition I think.

There is only Villa and Forest who feel the need to incorporate a star into their club badge to represent European success, which to me is a little small time.

We sing about winning the European Cup about 5-6 times a game so I think people know we won it once upon a time, I'm not trying to demean the European Cup win as it was the greatest night in our history and I'm actually an old fart who remembers watching us win it.

As for the new crest I really don't mind as long as there is a rampant lion in there somewhere, not like the Henson kit that just had AVFC on it.

The star stays.

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

There's going to be a lot of dislike for this but that middle badge is my childhood badge in the way the old round one is for many people on this board. My memory is hazy at best of my childhood, particularly with regards to villa and players - but that badge symbolises it for me and is a memory surrounded by hazy Muller or AST or Cows shirts.

I don't think it's a finished article, but I could get behind something like this.

The claret and blue striped background is a nightmare to be honest. Have no idea how that was greenlit back in those days.

4 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

Sorry mate no disrespect to you but its not for me. I just hate the overal shape of a diamond

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

This would take some getting used to but it is very creative and unique. I think this or something like it could work. It is kind of modern and traditional, all in one. Still not sure about the yellow/gold lion though. What would it look like with a claret lion instead? (Obviously you'd have to change the claret background too).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

vil1.jpg

It's  very Thundercats. Which I'm not saying  is a bad thing

• Haha 1