New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

30 minutes ago, swollef said:

lion looking right  = looking forward       lion looking left = looking backwards

This seems like prime marketing speak bollocks to me. Neither left or right is really facing ‘forward’ is it? Forward would be a lion facing head on not in side profile. If I had to guess the true reasons for flipping the lion are: change for change sake to justify a redesign, and in order to make the round badge look less like the Chelsea badge, which has pretty much the same shape and features but has lion facing left.

4 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

This seems like prime marketing speak bollocks to me. Neither left or right is really facing ‘forward’ is it? Forward would be a lion facing head on not in side profile. If I had to guess the true reasons for flipping the lion are: change for change sake to justify a redesign, and in order to make the round badge look less like the Chelsea badge, which has pretty much the same shape and features but has lion facing left.

I can’t believe I’m allowing myself to get caught up in this but I think if you were ever to draw a person running forwards they would be running towards the right, and conversely running away would be running to the left. Perhaps as that’s the direction we read English? It is also the way races are actually ran. 

Edited by Spoony

6 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

It’s not hard to understand. 

If you were to draw a timeline, which way would be forward in time?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Seems like marketing guff to me. There is a thin thread of logic to it that makes you think the designers aren’t completely taking the piss with the millions they have been paid to flip the lion around, but I wasn’t exactly worried that the lion was facing ‘backwards’ these last 50 years. 

Edited by mikeyjavfc

Was it not Nike that made us change badge under Lerner as the stripes were too busy and it easier to embroid onto a shirt.

A tiny little star is going to be a right pisser to get right with stitching!

1 hour ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Seems like marketing guff to me. There is a thin thread of logic to it that makes you think the designers aren’t completely taking the piss with the millions they have been paid to flip the lion around, but I wasn’t exactly worried that the lion was facing ‘backwards’ these last 50 years. 

They haven’t been paid to flip the lion around. Their fee would have been no different whether the lion faced left or right

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Was moving stuff into the attic in our new house today when I came across this article from Claret & Blue magazine, Summer 2007...

spacer.png

Blue represents honesty and loyalty? And the lion is proud?! What were they smoking?

• Haha 1

I'm an ST holder and went for the round badge, i thought they both looked really good do, they were timeless and classic without trying too hard to reinvent the wheel or ending up with something akin to the Leeds abomination from a few years ago 🤣.

From things I have seen online it seems the Round badge is the more popular, but i would be more than happy with either.

Being greedy, I like both and don't know why we can't have both! Round one for the kit and all associated clothing. The shield as the corporate logo.

On 26/10/2022 at 10:51, fightoffyour said:

Is it too late for a 3rd option with Emery’s face instead of a lion? He’ll hopefully be with us for as long as the current badge has been.

10 hours ago, av1 said:

I did like both but after today I’ve changed my mind. Can we change it and just Emery’s head? 

13 hours ago, mrchnry said:

20221106164138.jpg

Thanks!

Changing the year to 2022 would be a nice touch as well, in much the same way as Man City have 2008 on their crest.

Edited by fightoffyour