New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I'm not sure I get some of the meanings applied to these badges.  Future, historic, forward-looking, backward-looking.  It's just a question of what people think looks better and which one looks like Villa.

For you it's just a question of what looks better, for some much more, and others something of both.

43 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Don’t get how you think the shield one looks modern, it looks like an early days of computer games generic football club badge

The round one

I live in Madrid and it reminds me a little of Atletico's recent badge change. It has a similar feel to me. I hated the new atletico badge just as much as I hated the lamp one of these redesigns, but a little time has passed and I like them both now. I've completely changed my mind in both cases. It is modern. It fits all the modern redesigns all over the world, and I think it's pretty good tbh. 

The round one isn't the future. It's basically the badge we had 30 odd years ago. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, jayEm said:

Apologies if this has been done already. But I think the shield option looks way better with a yellow lion. Currently it just feels very.... blue. In my opinion a golden lion stands out brilliantly against the claret background of both the badge, and the home kit as a whole. On the kit it's a lovely little highlight. It's admittedly a bit West Ham, but we do it far better.

Untitled-1.png.cbceb3de5d5523fd8544f71aa5e5fa1a.png

A yellow lion always looks better, whether on a shield or round badge, and it’s just about getting the background right as you’ve demonstrated here.

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

I live in Madrid and it reminds me a little of Atletico's recent badge change. It has a similar feel to me. I hated the new atletico badge just as much as I hated the lamp one of these redesigns, but a little time has passed and I like them both now. I've completely changed my mind in both cases. It is modern. It fits all the modern redesigns all over the world, and I think it's pretty good tbh. 

The round one isn't the future. It's basically the badge we had 30 odd years ago. 

Ok, we just don’t agree about it being more modern.  Thankfully the round one will likely be our badge so it will be the future of us.

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

You’ve just twisted what fans like me are actually saying. I’m not embarrassed we won it. I’m proud we won it. But it has become all this club is. It’s pretty cringe to obsess over it in every single thing we do. We have to have a 1982 badge, a 1982 star in the 1982 badge, a 1982 kit, some sort of 1982 celebration or reminder every other week, etc. You don’t see other teams doing that. It’s so small time and just smacks of living in the past.

Other clubs don’t do it, are you friggin serious? They do it just as much as us in many different forms.  To say that either means you haven’t travelled to their grounds or seen their merchandise or just ignoring it.  Pretty bizarre to say that given reality!

Small time? Highlighting something not many clubs have done, being proud of it and while 40 years ago why shouldn’t we remember our rich history, we earnt it.  If you think it’s cringe to talk about it then it sounds like embarrassment to me.  The future by its very nature hasn’t happened yet so along the way you celebrate the past and pardon the pun you wear it as a badge of honour, not think it’s pretty cringe. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

After a couple of days, I already prefer the lion facing the new direction

Agreed. I started getting used to when it was first rumoured that it was happening and saw a few mock ups. By the time it came out I was used to it and think its better, so my immediate reaction to both was... I like them.

Just a shame they didn't get the claret right, although I'm hopeful that as we change kit manufacturers we might see it accidently end up the right colour. 

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Other clubs don’t do it, are you friggin serious? They do it just as much as us in many different forms.  To say that either means you haven’t travelled to their grounds or seen their merchandise or just ignoring it.  Pretty bizarre to say that given reality!

Small time? Highlighting something not many clubs have done, being proud of it and while 40 years ago why shouldn’t we remember our rich history, we earnt it.  If you think it’s cringe to talk about it then it sounds like embarrassment to me.  The future by its very nature hasn’t happened yet so along the way you celebrate the past and pardon the pun you wear it as a badge of honour, not think it’s pretty cringe. 

Relax nick 😂 hes one of ours

• Haha 1

Goodness me both look way out of date and pre-historic and colors too similar to west ham so now thanks to everyone involved in changing it we now have no uniqueness which is what every club should have, should have stuck to the current one made it round and had aston villa written on it DONE! thats all we would have needed.

Edited by RicRic

Very very safe choices.

Option 2 will win easily, sadly.

I think I prefer option 1

• Unique shape that represents our history
  • Better font on "Aston Villa"
  • Works without the shield while still being identifiable
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

spacer.png

Tried to get as proper colours as possible. I have to say it does look loads better than the drab dark original.

There it is. I'd like to see the other one in the same colours too as I feel it has a bit more uniqueness to it, but either in this colour scheme and I'm fully sold.

I feel like they were listening to too much Gogol Bordello when they designed them.