New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, villa89 said:

What's the rush?

I would like us to get rid of the current badge ASAP. Plus they've shown a number of elite fans already, I really don't appreciate or support this business of constantly delaying showing everyone else. 

It's very presbyterian!

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

Did "the current mood" prevent them from showing the badge options to the My Old Man Saids and Dan Bardells of the world?

You mean showing the fan consultation group to get some feedback from fan representatives? Would you rather they didn’t ask any fans for input and just went with a design company who ostensibly don’t care what the finished product looks like?

20 minutes ago, chappy said:

You mean showing the fan consultation group to get some feedback from fan representatives? Would you rather they didn’t ask any fans for input and just went with a design company who ostensibly don’t care what the finished product looks like?

Obviously not what I'm saying.

And you obviously don't know any designers if you think they won't care what the finished product looks like. I've friends in that industry and they are among the most diligent and proudest workers I know. Weird to suggest a design company would produce something by themselves that's just shit.

Also an important point to note, which everybody seems to have forgotten: the Lerner badge that most of us have grown to despise (or despised all along) was the result of a fan consultation process too.

So acting like the latter is more likely to produce something fit for purpose is........ well, inaccurate essentially.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There was a call this evening for members of the FCG and people from the club to go over some of the final points they're raising.

The club are taking their time, for lots of reasons; firstly because we're the first club to change a heritage asset under the new FA rules and we want to make sure that we're getting it right and that we're doing it in a way that is if you like 'exemplary', also because they had a couple of smaller things they wanted to be happy with on the designs and also because we're using Yougov for the actual voting (which under the new rules has to be independent so that the club can't just do whatever they want) and we want to make sure we're setting that up correctly and finally because it matters to them; they want this crest to last a long time and to be something that we become attached to.

Unsaid I guess was that it's also probably not the best time at the moment to try to get something like this done with all the noise and focus around erm...other matters. I don't think it will be long - the club has a pretty clear idea of how it wants to do this.

Voting is going to be open to season ticket holders and members only, who will be emailed once the button to go is pressed.

As part of the liberal elite, I personally can't wait for the badges to be released so that I can actually tell you what I think of them, there have been lots of groups involved and the club have asked lots of questions and taken a lot of criticism on board, the design team have at times taken a battering and whilst I'm sure there will be people who hate the outcome and others who love it, there has been genuine change and too-and-fro as a result of the meetings with the four different fan groups they've consulted with and as a result of the surveys - some of that I think will be shared once things are unveiled.

I know it's frustrating and I feel very lucky to have been in a position to have seen the designs and been able to grumble about them like the miserable old man I am, I can promise you only that we're far from a lofty elite and that my personal taste is dubious at best, but I'm hopeful that we've been used properly to try to gauge some sort of idea of the reaction of fans to the designs.

Thanks for this OBE, I know you've basically been sworn to secrecy on the finer details so the process updates are appreciated.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There was a call this evening for members of the FCG and people from the club to go over some of the final points they're raising.

The club are taking their time, for lots of reasons; firstly because we're the first club to change a heritage asset under the new FA rules and we want to make sure that we're getting it right and that we're doing it in a way that is if you like 'exemplary', also because they had a couple of smaller things they wanted to be happy with on the designs and also because we're using Yougov for the actual voting (which under the new rules has to be independent so that the club can't just do whatever they want) and we want to make sure we're setting that up correctly and finally because it matters to them; they want this crest to last a long time and to be something that we become attached to.

Unsaid I guess was that it's also probably not the best time at the moment to try to get something like this done with all the noise and focus around erm...other matters. I don't think it will be long - the club has a pretty clear idea of how it wants to do this.

Voting is going to be open to season ticket holders and members only, who will be emailed once the button to go is pressed.

As part of the liberal elite, I personally can't wait for the badges to be released so that I can actually tell you what I think of them, there have been lots of groups involved and the club have asked lots of questions and taken a lot of criticism on board, the design team have at times taken a battering and whilst I'm sure there will be people who hate the outcome and others who love it, there has been genuine change and too-and-fro as a result of the meetings with the four different fan groups they've consulted with and as a result of the surveys - some of that I think will be shared once things are unveiled.

I know it's frustrating and I feel very lucky to have been in a position to have seen the designs and been able to grumble about them like the miserable old man I am, I can promise you only that we're far from a lofty elite and that my personal taste is dubious at best, but I'm hopeful that we've been used properly to try to gauge some sort of idea of the reaction of fans to the designs.

When the voting is set between the two options, will there be a third option of ‘neither’?  I’m only saying this because if the majority of fans don’t like either then would they go back to the drawing board? Or is this it and it’s a choice of either or?  

p.s. just to be clear I’m likely to pick the round badge whatever unless it is really horrendous but just wanted to ask in case, despite the back and forth with representatives.

p.p.s. Thanks for the update

Edited by nick76

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

When the voting is set between the two options, will there be a third option of ‘neither’?  I’m only saying this because if the majority of fans don’t like either then would they go back to the drawing board? Or is this it and it’s a choice of either or?  

p.s. just to be clear I’m likely to pick the round badge whatever unless it is really horrendous but just wanted to ask in case, despite the back and forth with representatives.

OBE has indicated as much in a previous post, if that helps. Not sure if that has changed at all but doubt it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whilst I don’t absolutely love our badge in the same way I did about the badge of the late 50’s or 80’s. I don’t dislike the current badge enough to view it a priority in the current circumstances. 

Effort that could be concentrated elsewhere. 

43 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I've always preferred the round badge. Never really had the same connection with the latter efforts. 

But that doesn't mean I'm gonna go full mental if the other option is chosen.