New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Incidentally which former villa logo did everyone go for? I have a feeling I know the answer.

1957 FA Cup winning one. 

I like the shape of the shield and the claret lion.

Maybe could do that but with Aston Villa in the banner instead of 'prepared.'

• Like 1

For other teams badges I went with:

Brentford

QPR

Napoli

I like Brentford because it looks alot like what some fans are trying to replicate with our updated badge.  Spelled out name, Football Club, Year on the sides, Logo in the middle.  Very clean and provides all the info.

I really like the simplicity of QPR and Napoli.  Napoli especially, you only know what it is if you are a footy fan.  I think that is cool myself.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't hold much truck with these modern "clean" badges - Juventus's is a lovely piece of design, but I'd be horrified if we went that way.

We're not a Tesla or a Playstation 5 and we're not Balenciaga - we're Oxford and Cambridge, we're the Bank of England.

The words that were missing from the survey for me were integrity, fairness and importance - that's what I want our badge to say about us, I want it to scream that we are 'old money', that we're the establishment, we're the bricks and mortar of football. I want fans of other teams to be saying "What are Villa doing about this?" because we're seen as the team that do things the right way - a leader and example.

I don't want us to be modern, exciting or, for f***s sake, "fun", I want us to be the smart guy in the fitted suit with the slicked back grey hair that stinks of money and speaks quietly because he doesn't need to shout.

Give me a badge that looks like it was designed when we were formed - not one that sways in whatever direction some bloke at a design house happens to be leaning on any given day.

I want permanence, class, quality - not some simplified compromise of clean design that "works well on all platforms".

I have a feeling I'm not going to like the badge.

Hmm…I think you can have permanence, class and quality without being old fashioned, maybe that’s not what you meant but I really didn’t like your old slicked back grey haired quiet guy analogy. They’re looking to the future, it’s possible to do that whilst still giving a nod to the past.

But loads of people aren’t going to like it, because we all have different ideas. Almost pointless asking really.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I went for Spurzzz, Norwich and Eintracht Frankfurt as my favoured other crests (although also like the Juventus one too) 

Was between Spurs and Palace for me, and I went with Palace. Norwich for EFL. Looking at the Frankfurt logo, I wouldn't mind something like that for us. No text, just the lion. I'd rather just have the lion by itself though. Somehow incorporated with our name like Palermo:

Manchester City owners continue Palermo takeover approach - Football Italia

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I went for Bayern - clean, classic, round, easily marketable, easily recognisable 

Real Madrid for me. I like the merged lettering. (I get that Inter Milan and now Inter Miami have the same, but still). The crown on top is awesome, lots of Spanish clubs do it, not sure if there are rules in the UK about clubs having a crown on their badge/crest. It’s my dream for Villa though. 

For the favourite prem badge I went for Chelsea. It’s basically everything that I want and reminds of the 1982 badge. Saying that though, the simplicity of the Spurs badge is great, modern and a reflection of their recent modernisation which is also the way I think most clubs will need to end up going. 

Edited by Tayls

For other team crests, I went with Man City, Blackburn and Barcelona 'cos I'm a traditionalist (boring fecker).

Also, get rid of that stupid offset yellow star off our crest and have one above the badge like other teams do. Balls to the PL art police.

Edited by Dillon66