New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Personally I really like the idea of the borderless badge, like your one on the right. 
I understand the clamour for the round badge, but I want something that looks forward not the club looking backwards

Same. I’m just pandering to the masses with that! It’s really really difficult to incorporate the 3 colours we have and make it look good with the circle - I’m not a designer and I’m sure an agency could find the right combinations to make it decent but it never looks perfect to me. A lot of the circle badges just look too messy. I took inspo from the Venezia badges for these

Edited by a m ole

42 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

B03875C3-228D-43DC-B0A7-B08633430571.jpeg

I like this one but like I said before the yellow border is too weak. When people have put it on the shirts it looks lost.

It needs a higher contrast border.

48 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Too much time on my hands.

vil.jpg

Love that lion.

That is Villa to me.

I'd like fella on the right but with Aston Villa somewhere.

Best two I've seen these.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, May-Z said:

Here's last year's set of PL badges. 

Round badges with simple font and picture are giving me the same vibes as template shirts.

It would obviously be Villa...but would it really be Villa if it's just the Chelsea badge in claret and blue, of Brentford but with a lion?

NWJlvUr.jpg.8b603c9f917e99c12464a38b935b1274.jpg

Absolutely agree… I don’t understand the want to look like 5 other badges in the prem but with different colours. Personally I’d like to see a re vamp of the 57 shield badge. Or maybe something a little simple like spurs design. 

We pride our selves on our tradition and heritage…. traditionally we have had a shield. 

59 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I understand the clamour for the round badge, but I want something that looks forward not the club looking backwards

The looking back line doesn't stand up to scrutiny. It doesn't necessarily mean an unwillingness to look to the future, but a recognition that history is meaningful. The best current example of that is the Coop turning back to the classic blue logo, which was brave, and the correct decision. I'd happily take the round badge again.

14 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I really like the current lion, but the more I see of this one the more I want it on the new badge!

I'm the opposite. Our current lion would kick this lion's arse.

I know it's a more traditional look, but it just doesn't look like a bloody lion. It's got 3 fingers for a head

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

I'm the opposite. Our current lion would kick this lion's arse.

I know it's a more traditional look, but it just doesn't look like a bloody lion. It's got 3 fingers for a head

I've always thought it looks like a weak Dragon to be honest.

• Like 2

i think it’s time for change, I really like our current one and what they did to it but we’ve had it in some form nearly 30 years now. A modern update of the throwback (redone by someone with better control of the pen tool than me) would be perfect. Embrace the abstract.

another rejig of the current one to a modern indentikit circle is going to get tired very quickly.

Edited by a m ole

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

One on the right! Now we’re talking!!

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

One of the left is a killer. I'd love that. 

Back to the good old days of the Holte End - the right side!, the left side!

PS I was always left side