$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

This isn't an amazing article and has probably been posted already but here it is if anybody didn't see it

"The reports indicated that Al Baltan is in private talks with the three other partners over investing in an English Premiere League club."

Not sure how reliable Dawri Plus are.

What's his background abdulaziz? A quick google hasn't told me a great deal.

I'd say he's an ok business man. I don't know if he's more than 1 or 2b pounds, Could be more or less (His wealth is unknown but he's known by one of the most people who have money in sporting here in Saudi). I'm not sure what his plannings exactly I'm still trying to figure, But I think he's knowing what he's doing,Although I'm only afraid wether he'll deal well in the European leagues or not because it's totally different than here. He seems to have couple of partners so that might make me more comfortable. Because I think it's very hard for him to spend a lot only by himself.

Thanks for the information. Hopefully Khaled appoints an experienced CEO to help him adjust to the league. Do you think Baltan will bring in his own people?

No I don't think he's going to bring his own people. I'd be very worried if that was the case. It's totally different between here and Europe in general. To me I would be happy if Faulkner stays. He's experienced and knows what the mistakes they have done before. We don't want do the same way again and again.

• Like 1

If he's happy to knock £50m off, why should a potential buyer not wait until he ups it to £75m?

Hopeless situation. :(

Because then somebody else comes along and pays the £150m while you're sitting there waiting.
So as long as the world is well populated with people just waiting to pay £150m for AVFC, we'll be fine.

This isn't an amazing article and has probably been posted already but here it is if anybody didn't see it

"The reports indicated that Al Baltan is in private talks with the three other partners over investing in an English Premiere League club."

Not far from what I've heard, He had the thinking of buying a club since more than a year. But things hasn't work with him. Now that he left Al-Shabab he might have take it seriously.

• Like 1

Not far from what I've heard, He had the thinking of buying a club since more than a year. But things hasn't work with him. Now that he left Al-Shabab he might have take it seriously.

The fact he left Al-Shabab even further points to what you're saying, being true.

Hopefully KAB and co are being backed by SA Sovereign Wealth Fund. Interesting (and coincidental?) article regarding Saudi Arabian Wealth Fund - Following in Qatar (PSG) and Abu Dhabi (Man City) footsteps by investing in foreign assets/projects? 

By Angus McDowall and Yara Bayoumy

(Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's Shura Council, an influential advisory body to the government, will discuss a proposal for the country to establish a sovereign wealth fundicon1.png that would invest some of its vast oil earnings, local media reported.

The National Reserve Fund would "guarantee the financial stability of the kingdom" by investing its reserves, Saad Mareq, head of the council's financial committee, was quoted as telling the pan-Arab Asharq al-Awsat daily on Saturday.

Details of its investment strategy were not given, but if the proposed Saudi fund is run like the sovereign wealth funds of other wealthy Gulf states such as Qatar and Abu Dhabi, it could mean a change in the way Saudi money flows through global markets.

The country's central bank, the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency, has long managed the country's investment of oil surpluses abroad, focusing on low-risk assets; it is believed to have placed over half of its foreign reserves, now equivalent to about $730 billion, in conservative U.S. dollar assets such as U.S. Treasury bonds and bank accounts.

Other sovereign wealth funds in the Gulf have invested more actively in a wider range of assets including real estate and stakes in top Western companies, which involve greater risks and higher potential returns.

Asharq al-Awsat said the proposed Saudi fund would start with capital of 30 percent of budget surpluses accumulated over past years. In 2013 alone, the government posted a budget surplus of 206 billion riyals ($55 billion).

The fund would have a president with the rank of minister, the newspaper added. The Shura Council will discuss a draft law for the National Reserve Fund on Monday and Tuesday, the official Saudi Press Agency reported.

If the Shura Council approves the proposal, that would not automatically mean the legislation would be enacted. Sometimes years have passed between the council debating a proposal and it becoming law, although there has been a far swifter process in other cases.

The size of Saudi Arabia's foreign reserves suggests the new sovereign wealth fund could become one of the largest in the world, depending on the proportion of reserves it was allocated.

At present the biggest such fund is Norway's Government Pensionicon1.png Fund with $878 billion, followed by the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority with $773 billion, according to the Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute, which studies the industry.

It is not clear how the proposal as it stands will change the existing procedures under which Saudi reserves are managed by the central bank, said John Sfakianakis, chief investment strategist at MASIC, a Saudi investment company.

"They have to ask fundamental questions: who will manage it, what will be the role of the central bank, and will the investment profile change," he said.

In the past, the kingdom has invested much of its oil wealth on domestic initiatives through a number of different state bodies - among the most prominent are the Public Investment Fund and the General Organisation for Social Insurance. Their projects include investments in local companies and providing funds for infrastructure development.

In 2009, an investment fund called Sanabil Al Saudia was set up with a mandate to invest in less conservative assets. It was granted 20 billion riyals of initial capital.

Last year, the International Monetary Fund told Saudi Arabia it was spending more than it should if it wanted to preserve oil wealth for future generations, and that its state budget could fall into deficit by 2016 if expenditure continued rising fast. ($1 = 3.7505 Saudi Riyals) (Additional reporting by David French; Editing by Andrew Torchia)

Click

Edited by GENTLEMAN

This was an article from the Goal.com Arabic site dated from about a month ago with direct quotes from Al-Baltan saying he wants to buy an English club (Google translate used):

In statements were shocking for the fans youth in particular and the masses of Saudi Arabia in general, announced Mr. Khaled Baltan, president of the youth club, has offered to resign officially from the presidency Allyot on May 30 next, advance thanks to the president emeritus of the youth club Prince Khalid bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz . Baltan During hosted via the "in the net," said that he will leave officially seat head of the youth club, and stressed that he will remain a member of the honor of my youth active and influential supporter of Youth at any time, and confirmed that he agreed with Prince Khaled bin Sultan to resign on May 30, this after that the settlement of the financial situation of the club until the extradition of the club is clean with no debt. explained "firing pin": "I will not interfere in the choice of president of the club next, and to the club's members to choose the next president, and on a personal level thinking of buying English club soon." and about its crisis with the President Ittihad Football Ahmed Eid, confirmed Baltan it did not offer an apology, but he met with Ahmed Eid initiative of Prince Nawaf bin Faisal, and was liquidated souls, revealing that he said to feast during the receipt of the Two Holy Mosques Cup phrase "Hard for you," noting that it was a challenge between him and the festival before the game; as he was head of the Saudi Federation had said to him, "I'll tell you after the game hard for you."

http://www.goal.com/ar-sa/news/3021/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D8%B1%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D8%B9%D9%88%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%A9/2014/05/16/4821138/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%84%D8%B7%D8%A7%D9%86-%D9%8A%D9%81%D8%AC%D8%B1%D9%87%D8%A7-%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%B1%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%AD%D9%8A%D9%84-%D8%B1%D8%B3%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%A7-%D9%88%D8%A3%D9%86%D9%88%D9%89-%D8%B4%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D8%A5%D9%86%D8%AC%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%B2%D9%8A

Someone on that TBAR forum posted a link to an article which apparently said he was worth 600 Mil. I didn't read it myself though or remember the name of the site. Reading about him it seems he was more of CEO type guy at his last club in similar fashion to someone like Cortese perhaps.

I don't KAB has anywhere near the wealth to buy us without backers

As I posted before, Al-Shabab fans believe he is loaded:

Here are the tweets I promised:N2ilWuX.png

4PQbKIeh.jpg

veL5XkPh.jpg

SoXeePsh.jpg

I think in Saudi Arabia, individual wealth is quite secretive so you can't really find out any concrete figures.

As far as I can work out clubs in Saudi aren't owned by individuals but are state backed and in the case of Baltan's last club they were backed by a certain prince.