$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I have a feeling Randy won't leave completely - maybe he'll significantly dilute his share in Villa to these new owners, but will remain 'in' to recover some of his debt, assuming the new owners manage to raise the profile of the club. 

Edited by VillaIRE
  • Like 3

Davis and Simpson bought Rangers for $593 billion in 2010, now valued by Forbes at over $1 billion

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-rangers&tid=26948

That sounds like a dreadful piece of business. We'll be worth a multi pack of Walkers in 4 years if they own us!

Haha woops *$1000 billion

I have a feeling Randy won't leave completely - maybe he'll significantly dilute his share in Villa to these new owners, but will remain 'in' to recover some of his debt that, assuming the new owners manage to raise the profile of the club.

Doubt it, im pretty sure he'll take the 200m and run.

I have a feeling Randy won't leave completely - maybe he'll significantly dilute his share in Villa to these new owners, but will remain 'in' to recover some of his debt, assuming the new owners manage to raise the profile of the club. 

No chance in my view.

I have a feeling Randy won't leave completely - maybe he'll significantly dilute his share in Villa to these new owners, but will remain 'in' to recover some of his debt that, assuming the new owners manage to raise the profile of the club.

Same here.  It would be bad for all concerned if he was lingering about like a bad smell.

• Like 1

Can someone please post a list of the current Prem owners and their estimated respective wealth? That would be interesting, and put the wealth of Simpson and Davis into a bit of context.

They would be the 4th richest in terms of wealth, behind the owners of Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

If you just take the wealth of the pair of them, yes.   However, if they have the same kind of ownership model for us as at their baseball team it could mean there is more money behind them than we realise.  (From the article above: "All of it happened since Simpson and Davis, along with a slew of other investors, purchased the club.")

Same here.  It would be bad for all concerned if he was lingering about like a bad smell.

Just as Lerner wanted the entire holdings when he arrived so too would anyone buying the club from him. They wouldn't want him involved even as a silent partner especially with the monumental mess he made of his tenure.

Davis and Simpson bought Rangers for $593 billion in 2010, now valued by Forbes at over $1 billion

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-rangers&tid=26948

Blimey.

Obvious typo, of course it's wasn't bought for 593 bn, it was bought for 593 million.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

That sounds like a dreadful piece of business. We'll be worth a multi pack of Walkers in 4 years if they own us!

Are you sure you don't mean million?

Well that left me even more confused so I clicked the link. To clarify, they paid $593 MILLION for the club and it is now valued at $1.1 billion. Not $1000 billion.

Edited by privateer

I live in Dallas and follow the Rangers closely. Here are my initial thoughts, for whatever they're worth:

These guys will stay quiet and behind the scenes. Don't expect them to say much or do interviews (unlike Liverpool's owner, Henry).

They will want to field a competitive team.

The Rangers' General Manager (who is essentially in charge of the team, strategically) has said that he has never asked to spend money and been turned down.

That said, I wouldn't expect these guys to come in and spend bucket loads of money on transfers. We wouldn't be the new City, or really anything close to it.

Pretty much what I'd expect. Thanks Villain from Texas.

While this would be fine, I want us to spend, I want Ellison.

Edited by AVTuco

Just as Lerner wanted the entire holdings when he arrived so too would anyone buying the club from him. They wouldn't want him involved even as a silent partner especially with the monumental mess he made of his tenure.

The fact that the Texas Rangers are jointly owned indicates they may be somewhat open to a share agreement with Randy.  The reason for my hunch, is that Randy is a shrewd businessman looking to recover most of his investment - if under new ownership the club's profile was raised, a small share owned by Randy may in the future allow him to recover some of his debt - in effect, such a deal would also reduce the initial outlay for any new owners, sweetening any prospective deal.  Just a hunch.           

Edited by VillaIRE
  • Like 1

£4bn would make our new owners five times wealthier than Liverpool's owner. But a fraction of what Fulham's owner is worth.

That would suggest the wealth of a football club's owner is largely irrelevant at this level?

It's irrelevant when there's enough of it. It's not irrelevant if owner's wealth is 1 billion USD.

Isn't RL worth more than a billion currently - yet we're fighting relegation. Liverpool's owner is worth less than a billion and they've all but won the title. In premier league terms it's irrelevant.

The fact that the Texas Rangers are jointly owned indicates they may be somewhat open to a share agreement with Randy.  The reason for my hunch, is that Randy is a shrewd businessman looking to recover most of his investment - if under new ownership the club's profile was raised, a small share owned by Randy may in the future allow him to recover some of his debt - in effect, such a deal would also reduce the initial outlay for any new owners, sweetening any prospective deal.  Just a hunch.           

I see no basis for viewing Lerner as a shrewd businessman, looking to recover most of his investment is hardly evidence of it. I completely understand the logic behind the benefits to shared ownership that you are stating, I just don't think it is likely.