$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I personally am not so bothered by how much they are worth anyway. I am more concerned with the model and strategy that they will attempt to implement. Lerner pumped quite a bit into this club and we are no better for it precisely because it was done in tandem with gross mismanagement and no coherant plan going forward.

From reading interviews with one of these lads, they seem to like letting people who know what they're doing run the club

I would just be happy if we stay in the PL and get bought out by someone who is willing to invest the money we get from T.V. revenue without sending the club into bankruptcy.

Someone with sports business sense and will put the right people in charge. 

Still nothing on BBC website. 

I doubt there would be until anything official was announced? 

They've reported it as it was said. Obviously the BBC aren't going to speculate beyond what the club has officially announced and in all honesty we probably should get too far ahead of ourselves! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27098471

So any coincidence that our pre-season tour is in Texas?

Amazed nobody else had pointed this out (that I had noticed) so far!

Looking forward to it. a little sad they won't be coming to Austin but I will travel and take my kids to their first Villa game. :)

• Like 4

I'm all for getting a bit of money into Villa for a change but I just don't see the benefit of investors playing £200m for a club then putting £100m into playing staff. When are they likely to see a return on their money? What can they expect from their investment and just how successful would they have to make us in order to see any profit?

I'm excited for the upcoming change but would like to know what any new owners are hoping to achieve from buying our great club. 

They will be acquiring an asset that wont drastically lose it's value when the whole Wall Street financial pyramid eventually collapses returning most of us to the fields as mere peasants. Just look at where the super rich have been sticking their cash - Artwork, property, farmland, logging, mining, sports, etc. Covering their arses for when the gravy train comes off the tracks.

Or maybe they are just a little like Mrs Doyle in Father Ted and enjoy a bit of misery.

• Like 1

Apologies to Texas-Mike, but there's something about old Texas oil men that really puts me off. Maybe it's because I'm from New England, but I just cringe whenever I hear those wrinkled old cowboys talk, especially about (soccer)....The Hicks-Gillette fiasco didn't help either.

If it's them, I just hope they hire a proper football man like Steve Stride to do the grunt work, while they keep the cash till open and stay away from microphones  :P

So any coincidence that our pre-season tour is in Texas?

Amazed nobody else had pointed this out (that I had noticed) so far!

I did! 

I'm all for getting a bit of money into Villa for a change but I just don't see the benefit of investors playing £200m for a club then putting £100m into playing staff. When are they likely to see a return on their money? What can they expect from their investment and just how successful would they have to make us in order to see any profit?

I'm excited for the upcoming change but would like to know what any new owners are hoping to achieve from buying our great club. 

They will be acquiring an asset that wont drastically lose it's value when the whole Wall Street financial pyramid eventually collapses returning most of us to the fields as mere peasants. Just look at where the super rich have been sticking their cash - Artwork, property, farmland, logging, mining, sports, etc. Covering their arses for when the gravy train comes off the tracks.

Or maybe they are just a little like Mrs Doyle in Father Ted and enjoy a bit of misery.

I'd love it if it were the latter. I can just imagine the meeting with Randy:

Davis/Simpson: "So Randolf where looking to invest in a club that plays terrible football, drives supporters away in droves and generally makes you feel like throwing yourself off a bridge... would AVFC be this club?"

Randy (smiling): "Gentlemen, take a look at this video of our last few home games. I'm guessing you'll be presently surprised... would you like a cup of tea?" 

Wasn't our pre-season tour in America last season?

No it was in Germany. Paderborn and Bochum.

Wasn't that this season?

Of course. My bad. Weren't we in Asia Lamberts first pre-season and in the USA when AML was here.

As long as these guys can make us competitive again and spend some money, I'll be happy. It's once in a blue moon investors such as Chelsea Man City or PSG come along. If these guys can build us and move us forward to compete then great, you don't need to go out and buy Suarez Aguero and Cavani to do that, we can build sustainably and challenge for the top 4 again.

• Like 3