$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I have some sympathy for posters who occasionally get little bits of info and post in good faith which later proves to be incorrect because something happened.

What I cannot abide is posters pretending to be ITK and making up stuff because its like they are taking the pee out of every Villa fan on here.

Now there are one or two posters on TBAR who have made very definite claims about the next 48 hours so will be very interesting how that pans out.

• Like 2

See, this is exactly the sort of negative tactics that we've seen too much of in the past two seasons here on VT. Any sign of trouble, just hoof it away. Completely lacking in any guile or modern style. This old school modding just doesn't cut it in the modern web. It's the sort of thing that has seen the site constantly battle with relegation to the second page on Google. This isn't some small Heath Ledger fansite, this is Villa Talk. We practically founded football forums and were one of the biggest forums in England.

And it's not just the moderation tactics. We've had some absolutely useless new additions to this site as well. There's been a serious lack of investment in the past couple of years. We've got in the likes of Mendi, whose grammatical positioning is all over the place. Couldn't defend an argument to save his life. This is Villa Talk. We used to have posters like GaztonVilla. We should be looking at quality posters from the Netherlands and France, like your man with the Lego. Seen a few clips of him on YouTube and he is class. It's not good enough to be getting in cheap second division posters like Mendi.

BLANDY OUT.

What's Blandy supposed to do when you've still got posters like AVFC-Prideofbrum hanging around on 33,000 posts but refusing to put a shift in for the board? Mendi's come in, tried his best but his lack of experience is beginning to show, and the massive Peter Gregory bollock dropping is symptomatic of younger posters. Wait until he's had a full season next to the (very much) older Drat before writing him off.

I take it Drat will be on the left as usual Edited by mykeyb

I have some sympathy for posters who occasionally get little bits of info and post in good faith which later proves to be incorrect because something happened.

What I cannot abide is posters pretending to be ITK and making up stuff because its like they are taking the pee out of every Villa fan on here.

Now there are one or two posters on TBAR who have made very definite claims about the next 48 hours so will be very interesting how that pans out.

My thoughts exactly.

Especially when its so blatantly obvious what certain people here are doing.

No offense Useless but i have to say i find it absolutely incredible that anyone could read Mendi's posts and take them seriously. I hope thats just a sign of how desperate some people are for info.

I believe the Admn guy on TBAR that it was the 2 texans. But for some reason the deal fell through. We are now looking at other bidders so its taking longer, but I think its all in process. Hopefully his recent ITK will come to life in the next couple of days.

What's Blandy supposed to do when you've still got posters like AVFC-Prideofbrum hanging around on 33,000 posts but refusing to put a shift in for the board? Mendi's come in, tried his best but his lack of experience is beginning to show, and the massive Peter Gregory bollock dropping is symptomatic of younger posters. Wait until he's had a full season next to the (very much) older Drat before writing him off.

I take it Drat will be on the left as usual

drat01 and tonyh29 will be swapping wings on occasions à la Milner and Young back in the day in order to confuse the opposition, us and themselves. :)

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

So are the last 20 pages worth reading or is it as we were before?

If you suffer with insomnia then read the last 20 pages but if you just want a quick update:

'Nothing to see here'.

I believe the Admn guy on TBAR that it was the 2 texans. But for some reason the deal fell through. We are now looking at other bidders so its taking longer, but I think its all in process. Hopefully his recent ITK will come to life in the next couple of days.

Yes, that's how I see it. Wonder if they pulled out due to the leak?

Possibly, though be a bit moody if they did. we should close the thread just in case it happens again :D

It's pointless pulling out after the leak.

Not if they had to because one of their wives objected to the deal.

• Like 2

No offense Useless but i have to say i find it absolutely incredible that anyone could read Mendi's posts and take them seriously. I hope thats just a sign of how desperate some people are for info.

Just because I take them seriously doesn't mean to say that I believe them and having said that it doesn't mean to say that I don't believe them either, I'm not really worried if it's the truth or not. I just take them as part of the general chatter of this thread and don't get upset about it. It'll be what it'll be then we'll all know.

It's pointless pulling out after the leak.

Not if they had to because one of their wives objected to the deal.

Hahaha then my message to them would be "Grow Some !!!"