$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Someone give me the shorthand of the last few pages.... Wtf?

redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum 

redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum redrum 

This post was like murder to read!

This is not going to happen is it???... I'm ok with randy staying as long as he opens up his cheque book a little more. Instead of the regular £20mil, give £30mil, think that's plenty to compete in this league

We're getting bought out by Wesley Sneijder with only a £30m transfer budget? No thanks!

Wait until Monday...

Edited by Tubby

Think a refloat would be very unlikely. Due to the number of financial institutions that would be on board, it would be a miracle if it wasn't leaked to the financial press! The City types like to let the journalists know that their firm is working on a big deal, especially if is a Premiership team. Maybe if it was in the US it might not get out as we have less profile there!

However if Randy is struggling to find a seller though, it is an option that would make sense. Give the club to public ownership, making the whole organization more accountable! Don't think share prices did that well last time around though so maybe not!

Mike you are preaching to the converted with me. I love Bournemouth and have been going for 20 years and am now lucky enough to have property down there. Not so sure about HH though. I don't doubt his love of Villa but he does love himself just a little too much.

Harry, it is a nice place and there are quite a few Brummies down here. We have about 90-100 members in our supporters club and you couldn't meet a nicer bunch. One of the interesting things about Bournemouth is that the majority of people here come from somewhere else. Probably because many were drawn to it by seaside and decided to stay.

Relatively speaking there aren't that many "locals" so it is very much a "live and let live" type of place.

HH is a bit of full of himself, but no one should should doubt his passion for Villa. Like others down here, he makes the 350 mile round trip come rain or shine. Frankly I don't give a Tom Tit what he is like as a person, at the end of the day, he lives and breathes The Villa.

Edit screwed up the quote!

What could be a disturbing scenario is that he says he is trying to sell no potential buyer. Means will be stuck in limbo like Everton and Lambert will stay.

Admin, AVFCtransfer twitter bollocks all of them will look stupid at least.

I can't believe Lerner will opt for a total status quo - he will have to change something , I believe the situation is as you suggest - no one is willing to buy  - but to go into the next season as we are - would leave us at a pretty high risk of relegation. - unless he will try to appease with some old villa favourites on the coaching staff.

What's the news?

Well i got up this morning and saw 8 pages of posts over night. Got excited thinking something had happened. Turns out its all about Bournmouth. Lock this thread down, people know nothing until Monday so just talk about any Rubbish that comes into their head.

Lock down the thread about the topic that could be the biggest news in recent history, and its all unveiled in 48 hrs...behave!

It would all just move into a different thread anyway.

Howard Hodgson is a doosh. His location is down as sandbanks, poole. Having lived in Bournemouth and walked around sandbanks a few times, there are varying sized plots of land there and quite a few which you coul dbarely say were Sandbanks. He is a wannabee, and as my 2 year old would say, a big head.

Jesus - He was a local businessman and until very recently took a seat in the villa directors boxes. I can't bevel you can dis all that because he lives in Bournemouth ?

I think you need to check your facts HH junior has lived in the Bournemouth area for years. His father who is just as much a self publicist as his son splits his time between the UK and Malta but does not live in the Midlands. Both are Villa fans but don't know neatly as much as they like to pretend they do.

Happy to be wrong on this.

But I thought at least one of them made his millions in the funeral businesses around Birmingham - and I thought he was the one who wrote the original Hodgson report. ?

You are right - the TV series 6ft Under was based on his book/business. He did indeed write the report during the VFC days - like him or not - don't question his love for Villa - like we shouldn't question each and everyone of us' love for the Villa (or are some better than he is???) (NOT aimed at you Smetrov mate)!

What could be a disturbing scenario is that he says he is trying to sell no potential buyer. Means will be stuck in limbo like Everton and Lambert will stay.

Admin, AVFCtransfer twitter bollocks all of them will look stupid at least.

For what it is worth, I was informed that Randy would be announcing that he was selling the club to a buyer next week. I guess we will have to wait and see.