$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

One thing we have more chace of being sold than Newcastle of Everton, if not for our status, in sure Lerner has far more billionaire contacts than sports shop Ashley or that theater geezer at Everton.

Lets looks at the maths of it 

1. Lerners wants £200m for villa 

2If we get relegated the value of the club would fall to (I dunno £120m)

The last few season he has gambled on £20m being enough to keep us in the prem .....and he's been right.

The evidence now - even from his own manager is that another £20m won't be enough

Is he daft enough to gamble again - and risk an £80m hit on his investment ? - or does he lower his asking price. The obvious problem with a lower asking price is that we get a less wealthy owner.....

Lets just hope I m totally wrong - and AEG own us by Monday...

What's the news?

Bournemouth's curry houses suck, and its gymnasiums are creepy places populated by murderers. People who live in Sandbanks are all yacht-owners incapable of talking except to big themselves up. Think that's a fair precis. 

You are right - the TV series 6ft Under was based on his book/business. He did indeed write the report during the VFC days - like him or not - don't question his love for Villa - like we shouldn't question each and everyone of us' love for the Villa (or are some better than he is???) (NOT aimed at you Smetrov mate)!

Are you sure about that? A glance at Wikipedia mentions many other possible ways the series was thought of, but certainly not this one. Couldn't find any other Google results either, and let's face it, it hardly seems likely does it?

O god the rumours have dried up, some new mug has joined who is upset someone has more money than him and the crap jokey puns have come out. I hate VT when it's like this. Time to log off till the statement lands.

• Like 1

Here's a statement he made just as he revealed he was selling The Browns.

“In connection with current rumors and press inquiries, I can report that I’ve been approached by Mr. Jimmy Haslam, who is interested in making an investment in the Cleveland Browns. We are currently in negotiations and both sides have agreed to keep that dialogue and its details private. Given that any transaction would require League approval, care has been taken so that this process will not be disruptive to the organization, in particular the football team, as it prepares for the upcoming season. We will share further details or make an announcement if it becomes necessary.”

Perhaps we'll get something similar.

• Like 4

“In connection with current rumors and press inquiries, I can report that I’ve been approached by Mr. Jimmy Haslam, who is interested in making an investment in the Cleveland Browns. We are currently in negotiations and both sides have agreed to keep that dialogue and its details private. Given that any transaction would require League approval, care has been taken so that this process will not be disruptive to the organization, in particular the football team, as it prepares for the upcoming season. We will share further details or make an announcement if it becomes necessary.”

Does anyone know how long after this statement the takeover was confirmed?

What's the news?

Bournemouth's curry houses suck, and its gymnasiums are creepy places populated by murderers. People who live in Sandbanks are all yacht-owners incapable of talking except to big themselves up. Think that's a fair precis. 

You are right - the TV series 6ft Under was based on his book/business. He did indeed write the report during the VFC days - like him or not - don't question his love for Villa - like we shouldn't question each and everyone of us' love for the Villa (or are some better than he is???) (NOT aimed at you Smetrov mate)!

Are you sure about that? A glance at Wikipedia mentions many other possible ways the series was thought of, but certainly not this one. Couldn't find any other Google results either, and let's face it, it hardly seems likely does it?

I think I am - he told us when we were part of VFC. I have no idea if true - but I do remember this being mentioned when we all met in London with Carl Chinn and the rest of the VFC 'brigade' and at the first meeting at the Leisure centre.

£30 mil to compete? That buys one player for the teams who want to compete.

But we're not there yet tho. £30mil is enough to start to push us up there with gradual influx of quality. We ain't going to be another man city and I wouldn't want to be

Does anyone know how long after this statement the takeover was confirmed?

I think the statement I quoted was July 27th and the sale was announced early August but i don't think it was properly confirmed until October. That would suggest that if a name is mentioned then a deal might be close I guess.

I Imagine the wait from August to October was waiting for the league approval mentioned in the statement.

Edited by useless

Just reading his statement again. 

As regards to my personal role at the club and the steady rumours of a sale, i will address these after the season

Is it odd that he mentions his 'personal role'? wouldn't he have just said regards to the steady rumours of a sale?

I dont think he is selling. I think hes either taking a back seat.. hiring more to be more involved than he is on day to day whilst possibly having investing partners? Possibly Arison/PA etc.

I don't think we have seen Lerner give up his share. Before anyone asks why he wouldn't or that hes never around he doesnt care etc. I agree. I think the reason for him sticking around is because he cannot recoup the money he is asking for and is getting help to boost the club. Eventually selling it at a later date when it is more appealing? 

Just a thought. Probably just a takeover :P

Edited by KSV

O god the rumours have dried up, some new mug has joined who is upset someone has more money than him and the crap jokey puns have come out. I hate VT when it's like this. Time to log off till the statement lands.

His attitude to success was more like a Yorkie than a Brummie, but I guess the chocolate puns were Bounty happen.

Yes, you clearly need to take a Time Out.  Y'know, have a little Breakaway.  Become a Drifter.

Maybe when you get back the thread will be more on Topic, and the Ripples of dissent will have faded.

At the end of the day, though, we all just want a Boost.

• Like 1

How do you know that the puns aren't a directive handed down by VT Top Brass to muddy the waters?

You meant Trent??? (think about it!) - I'll get me coat!

"I'm ok with randy staying as long as he opens up his cheque book a little more. Instead of the regular £20mil, give £30mil, think that's plenty to compete in this league"

Enough to compete in the bottom half possibly cosofsaunders assuming that £30m is for signings only rather than for wages as well. But after the years of treading water near the bottom of the table I think it would take a lot more than £30m to compete in the league as a whole and we would need a big change in direction of our football club for that to happen.