$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I'm just waiting for Pince William to become king and takeover. 'Royal Aston Villa'

I said this ages ago and I would love for us to be called that.

When I make my millions and buy Villa I will be transforming the name to this. Surprise!

Billions, or we don't want you! ;)
That's what I meant! :)

Oh my god who thinks we might be being bought out by Exxon Mobil?

HQ in Texas (I think Dallas?), worth over $400billion, interested in buying a Premier League side based in a city beginning with B....

Edited by Tayls

OK here goes.

All i am saying is this.  Do you think it any coincidence we are in Dallas?  Where there are some huge oil companies.  Thats all im saying

Hmmm...

Interesting post Richard. 

I can't imagine we've decided to tour Dallas to try and advertise ourselves to a buyer who hasn't previously shown any interest.  I think it's incredibly unlikely that someone who hasn't already expressed an interest is going to hear we're there or see us play and think "hhhmm...  Aston Villa, nice name,I might just buy them".

So if it is for someone who has already expressed an interest, then they would have done that about 4months ago when we announced that we're going to tour Dallas? Maybe things are further along then we know. 

Or it is completely possible that Randy is just advertising the club to his American chums, who knows.

OK here goes.

All i am saying is this.  Do you think it any coincidence we are in Dallas?  Where there are some huge oil companies.  Thats all im saying

Hmmm...

I can't imagine we've decided to tour Dallas to try and advertise ourselves to a buyer who hasn't previously shown any interest.  I think it's incredibly unlikely that someone who hasn't already expressed an interest is going to hear we're there or see us play and think "hhhmm...  Aston Villa, nice name,I might just buy them".

So if it is for someone who has already expressed an interest, then they would have done that about 4months ago when we announced that we're going to tour Dallas? Maybe things are further along then we know. 

Or it is completely possible that Randy is just advertising the club to his American chums, who knows.

If it's like Dallas I hope I'm going to walk out of the shower tomorrow and realise that the last three years under Lerner have all been a bad dream.....

If its like Dallas, I hope somebody gets a carbine out in a book depository and blows Randy's head off

OK here goes.

All i am saying is this. Do you think it any coincidence we are in Dallas? Where there are some huge oil companies. Thats all im saying

We're in Houston as well though Richard? Also has HQs for oil companies? Is it not just a tour?

OK here goes.

Hmmm...

If it's like Dallas I hope I'm going to walk out of the shower tomorrow and realise that the last three years under Lerner have all been a bad dream.....

If its like Dallas, I hope somebody gets a carbine out in a book depository and blows Randy's head off

Classy.

Dan Bailey (Dallas Cowboys) is a Villa fan.

So am I, as are you. Not sure what that has to do with somebody buying the club.

Sorry. It was made in reference to Jerry Jones being the potential new owner. It was obviously Dan Bailey who they were alluding to on AVTV.

This was posted on July 12th on Twitter.

villa puppet @VPuppet

Hearing some rumours/stories regarding the takeover. Lerner is to stay n sell a large % to 2 Americans and become a consortium. Speculation

Another account that I've yet to see get anything right, but with what those 2 other account have said today that Lerner has or is taking Villa off the market there could be something to it.....Maybe.....Meh, I'm going to bed.

Dan Bailey (Dallas Cowboys) is a Villa fan.

So am I, as are you. Not sure what that has to do with somebody buying the club.

Sorry. It was made in reference to Jerry Jones being the potential new owner. It was obviously Dan Bailey who they were alluding to on AVTV.

Baselayers is buying the Villa? Why didn't she say anything?

• Like 1