$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I would not be surprised if he we did not hear anything till July/August. Takeovers take a long time to sort out.

I do not believe this sale stuff will go pass September in all honesty. I think Lerner will announce he has sold the club to an individual or group during July/August.
is that wishful thinking or an educated guess?

certainly hope you're right and new owners arrive in time to allow the squad to be strengthened

Edited by theboyangel

I would not be surprised if he we did not hear anything till July/August. Takeovers take a long time to sort out.

I do not believe this sale stuff will go pass September in all honesty. I think Lerner will announce he has sold the club to an individual or group during July/August.

No chance in my opinion, we shall see I guess.

You are normally pretty clued up on the goings on at VP. Are you as informed as the rest of us on the subject of a takeover? i.e. not at all.

My guess is that we'll get our new owners but it won't pan out perfectly by which I mean I don't have any great expectations of them arriving before the transfer window shuts.

I guess I'm saying based on nothing is that my feeling is that we'll be taken over around September time. Really desperate now that we might hear something official.

Edited by useless

is that wishful thinking or an educated guess?

Both. I do not see why Lerner would make such a grand statement about selling the club, effectively saying his goodbye, without having some confidence that a sale is a huge possibility this summer. It is a bad move, it puts the club at a big disadvantage when trying to attract new talent and retain existing key players. Where is the logic in making it public? 

Lerner has made some daft decisions, but I do think he would have received good advice (hopefully not from Ferguson again) before going public with that statement. This is a multi-million pound company and the consequences of failure are massive in this sport, I think Lerner recognises this too. I am hopeful the club will be sold over the next two months.

certainly hope you're right and new owners arrive in time to allow the squad to be strengthened

So do I.  :)

I do not believe this sale stuff will go pass September in all honesty. I think Lerner will announce he has sold the club to an individual or group during July/August.

No chance in my opinion, we shall see I guess.

I have been told that there is nothing remotely close too.  ;)

I think we will probably have to wait till January

why pay a premium now when they can pick us up for a cheaper price in January when were probably amongst the relegation places and Lerner is even more desperate

Edited by AshVilla

That swings both ways though (giggity).

They may get us cheaper but there's more risk of us being relegated, so they'll lose money if that happens and have to spend a lot of money if they want to get us back into the Premier League. You might also argue that there are going to be fewer interested buyers if we're more likely to be relegated. I suspect many billionaires would value the Premier League status of their club chief amongst most other things. It's a status thing, something else they can show off about.

• Like 1

I think we will probably have to wait till January

why pay a premium now when they can pick us up for a cheaper price in January when were probably amongst the relegation places and Lerner is even more desperate

I can't see someone buying us in January. Too much risk involved in regards the chances of us being relegated. I think any new owner will want a summer window to ensure their new purchase stays up.

Realistically if you are in negotiation to buy the club then surely you want it done so you are in a position to purchase players and change management if required. Once the window shuts for me I would be looking to reduce the price I am prepared to pay.

Tomorrow will be seven weeks since his statement. I said at the time I would be relaxed during June and only be worried if nothing was happening by July and the start of pre season.

Well I've been worrying for a few weeks, indeed ever since various media said there was no offers in the pipeline and I think that's been fairly accurate.

Can't see anything being down much before xmas now. Dread to think what this season is going to bring.

All we have so far is conjecture on the basis of a thousand and one educated/uneducated guesses. Actual hard press is non-existent.

Its entirely possible that when it happens, if it happens, it will be like a lightning strike. No-one will see it coming.

Which is yet another uneducated guess?

Frustraing is'nt it?

Someone just posted this image on twiiter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrXnz9RIUAAAVp0.jpg

Seems a meeting is happening in London today

I've seen that document.  It is the brief 2 page sales prospectus produced by BoA.  Nothing earth shattering in it and you don't have to sign and NDA to get a copy.

So at this stage they're probably just leaving copies of it on every other seat on the Tube.

If you call Peter Bell at BoA and tell him you are seriously considering purchasing Villa and could they send you further information like fianncials and a prospectus they will send you that document.

The image is from Howard Hodgson. This tweet of his explains:

@HodgsonHoward: Having meeting today 2 discuss #avfc with corporate finance house + other investors. Just prelim at this stage but something has 2 be done

Quite surprised he has put that out on the open for all to see.

FYI the people he is meeting with would be quite good to run the club well.  Not sure on how much money they would have though.