$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

i wish we would actually get a concrete update from the club, but they really don't seem to want to 'manage expectations' do they.

There is nothing to report, we’re for sale thats it.

What do you want a weekly updating saying we’re not sold, whats the point of that?

yes, i demand - a changing of the guard style ceremony where a marching band welcomes the arrival of our head of PR who walks to a plinth with a weekly announcement accompanied by fan fare, laser show and optional dwarf recreations of famous local derby victories..

'friends Romans, Villa fans, I hearbye announce, nothing has occured with your beloved Club this week, thank you'

that would reduce this thread to just a few pages of guff rather than nearly 600.

• Like 4

This just isn't going to happen is it. I believed so much that the club would be sold, or at least Randy had something lined up. But now my hope is gone.

Yes, and I renewed my ST on the back of this stupid belief too!    :(

This just isn't going to happen is it. I believed so much that the club would be sold, or at least Randy had something lined up. But now my hope is gone.

Yes, and I renewed my ST on the back of this stupid belief too! :(

That was his dastardly plan

• Like 1

i wish we would actually get a concrete update from the club, but they really don't seem to want to 'manage expectations' do they.

What do you want a weekly updating saying we’re not sold, whats the point of that?

yes, i demand - a changing of the guard style ceremony where a marching band welcomes the arrival of our head of PR who walks to a plinth with a weekly announcement accompanied by fan fare, laser show and optional dwarf recreations of famous local derby victories..

'friends Romans, Villa fans, I hearbye announce, nothing has occured with your beloved Club this week, thank you'

that would reduce this thread to just a few pages of guff rather than nearly 600.

Yeah right! 600 pages of - 'I can't believe how Shit that dwarf show was' and 'what aren't they telling us???' Etc.

Lerner has totally lost interest in the club, and wants out, it is just a matter of when and what sort of position we are going to be in when he goes.

He is obviously going to hold out for the best price he can get in order to minimise his losses, but the longer he holds on the more difficult things will become for us.

And every team that flirts constantly with relegation every season eventually gets relegated.

• Like 1

I still say July we will have a new owner.. Think they are waiting for World Cup to finish

Why would they wait for the world cup to finish ?

Is our new chairman playing in it ?

I can't see how buying\selling shares in Aston villa is on hold because of the world cup - no logic that I can see to it...

Edited by smetrov
  • Like 3

Well it was rumoured before that an American owner would want Klinnsman as manager. If so they may not want to disrupt the American National team during the WC.

And a takeover would have to happen at the same time as an appointment of a new manager?

Don't be silly...

I still say July we will have a new owner.. Think they are waiting for World Cup to finish

Why would they wait for the world cup to finish ?

Is our new chairman playing in it ?

I can't see how buying\selling shares in Aston villa is on hold because of the world cup - no logic that I can see to it...

It's not the world cup, it's Nigel Kennedy's summer tour. Inspired by Louis Tomlinson's takeover at Doncaster, Nigel will be presented as our new chairman after his last concert in Dublin on July 12th.

• Like 2

yes, i demand - a changing of the guard style ceremony where a marching band welcomes the arrival of our head of PR who walks to a plinth with a weekly announcement accompanied by fan fare, laser show and optional dwarf recreations of famous local derby victories..

'friends Romans, Villa fans, I hearbye announce, nothing has occured with your beloved Club this week, thank you'

that would reduce this thread to just a few pages of guff rather than nearly 600.

Yeah right! 600 pages of - 'I can't believe how Shit that dwarf show was' and 'what aren't they telling us???' Etc.

Ok good point, maybe drop the dwarf show.

After around 4 weeks since he announced the club is up for sale u've given up!?!?!?

Perfect.

• Like 1

After around 4 weeks since he announced the club is up for sale u've given up!?!?!?

Perfect.

Well I think that there is a realisation hitting people that a bottom half team with a team made up mostly of highly paid has beings or Championship level players in desperate need of investment is not actually worth £200million of any billionaires money?

I actually think we have a group of players with lots of potential; all that we are lacking is the extra funding to push us on (which a new owner can hopefully provide). Blaming the players or Lambert for the takeover not happening (immediately) is crazy.

• Like 2