$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

One interesting point about Keane (steady Trent this will be on topic I promise!)

Howard Hodgson tweeted the following picture pic.twitter.com/eNalkNYhRv that he said he got sent a week ago saying Keane was at Villa Park with the new owners.

So fingers crossed new investment is nearer than we think. More important than Lambert or Keane is some actual money to spend on footballers!!

If this is true (Keane visited with the new owners last week) and Keane is brought on to the coaching staff this week, that would be a pretty big indicator we have been sold. Perhaps Keane is advising the new owners or the new owners have picked him up to be "their" man in the dug out.

But it feels more likely that Keane was spotted visiting Villa Park to discuss the assistant role (alone) and somebody put 2 and 2 together to get 5 and assumed it must have been takover related.

Hopefully thats on topic enough.

Ca you post that picture on here as quite number of us not on Howard's twitter page or on Twitter. Thanks :)

• Like 1

It doesn't matter how much income the club makes, the owner is only allowed to put in £45m per year under FFP rules. He could technically invest more through other avenues like sponsorship or any other loop holes in FFP, but as pure cash injections, £45m is the limit.

Can people please stop talking about FFP rules. it is only a matter of time before it gets taken to court and blown out of the water. PSG and City know it and that's why they aren't bothered about it.

Football is a business and as a business owner you are allowed to inject as much financial support as you like. Simple as that.

You've referred to the UEFA FFP rules whereas the poster above is referencing the PL FFP which aren't being challenged, and won't be, because they were voted in by majority and had the backing of the top flight's old guard (e.g. Liverpool, Arsenal and United)

One interesting point about Keane (steady Trent this will be on topic I promise!)

Howard Hodgson tweeted the following picture pic.twitter.com/eNalkNYhRv that he said he got sent a week ago saying Keane was at Villa Park with the new owners.

So fingers crossed new investment is nearer than we think. More important than Lambert or Keane is some actual money to spend on footballers!!

If this is true (Keane visited with the new owners last week) and Keane is brought on to the coaching staff this week, that would be a pretty big indicator we have been sold. Perhaps Keane is advising the new owners or the new owners have picked him up to be "their" man in the dug out.

But it feels more likely that Keane was spotted visiting Villa Park to discuss the assistant role (alone) and somebody put 2 and 2 together to get 5 and assumed it must have been takover related.

Hopefully thats on topic enough.

Ca you post that picture on here as quite number of us not on Howard's twitter page or on Twitter. Thanks :)

Would be interesting to see this picture. I would assume it's just a picture of Keane at Villa Aprk and someone has put 2+2 togerther and got 10

Apparently Keane has pulled out of tv commitments with itv for the world cup, so either the takeover is imminent or its miles off, I can't see Keane upsetting itv for a job that might last a month if the new buyers don't like him

Edited by meatball

Forget Roy Keane, who were the potential new owners he was spotted WITH !

His agent more than likely.

How on earth are you able to spot a "potential new owner"... unless they have a tag around them saying "potential new owner" it could be anyone. 

• Like 2

How on earth are you able to spot a "potential new owner"... unless they have a tag around them saying "potential new owner" it could be anyone. 

I don't know, but whoever sent the text was under that impression....

So to sum up; we've been told nothing from the club but...

Rumour from ITK - either it's definitely true or it's made up cr*p

Rumour from paper (tabloid) - it's positive news and it's possible or it's negative news and they don't know what they're talking about it.

Rumour from paper (broadsheet) - it's positive news and it must be true or it's negative and we're doomed (unless they don't know what they're talking about...)

Rumour from paper (local) - it's positive and it's carefully released PR from club or it's negative and the reporter is a blues fan.

Rumour from website - check blacklisted sites (update list if needed) and then refer to above.

Something else happens - it means takeover is definitely happening imminently, it means takeover definitely isn't happening soon or it's unrelated as it doesn't fit a point.

Basically all information fits in to one of the above and can be construed absolutely any way you want and the situation is Villa haven't been sold yet and haven't signed anyone yet. Up to date?! ;)

if you see the original photo, the guy walking next to Keane has a large swagbag over his shoulder, Father Christmas style, written on the bag it clearly says ' up to £200M '

the jury is out as to whether the words 'up to £200M' were shopped on later 

• Like 1

I think with the Mirror reporting Lerner is willing to drop his asking price, something must be in the pipeline - we probably have entered negotiations and the new owners are playing hardball with Randy over the price, knowing he's desperate to sell.

For me it's looking positive - even the potential signing of Roy Keane as No.2. I know loads of fans who hate Keane, but players are different to fans and will probably look at Keane with a lot of admiration for what he achieved in the game - certainly mssrs Delph and Westwood could learn from him.

Update : Deal still on course for middle to end of the world cup. Price is a sticking point. Looks like will have to reduce his asking price to get a sale.

Sooooooo

You're the guy who gets ITK snippets from within the Ireland camp aren't you?

That's a fair point ender and John, but I think dropping the price by 50/100 mil would not attract anyone less wealthy because any buyer knows they still would need to invest 500 million (including the initial purchase) over the next 5 years to even stand a chance of getting us anywhere.

Unless of coarse there is no intention of getting us anywhere.

Technically they can only invest £225m over that period

Even if we some how generated a lot more income?

If we generate more income that doesn't count as investment from the owner. The owner can only put in £225m over 5 years, if we made a billion quid profit in that time, we'd be able to spend every penny of that, plus the £225m from the owner. If we made -£100m in that time, the maximum investment to players the owner could make is reduced to £125m, if we lost £225m we'd still need that £225m, but couldn't spend it on anything other than servicing the debt. If we lost £300m in that time, we'd need the owner to put in £225m, then face sanctions over the other £75m.

That's why we're actually in a reasonably good place financially at the moment, if it's true that we're not only breaking even but running at a surplus of around £20m, because that'd mean (if it stayed that way) we'd be able to spend £325m on players/wages/additional playing related expenses over the course of the next 5 years. 

The way it was prior to that, we were losing £50m+ a year, which would mean even with maximum owner injection, we would've had nothing to spend on players, as well as dipping £5m per season into sanction territory

I don't know, but whoever sent the text was under that impression....

maybe they had one of them big cheques you see on Children in Need for £150m made out the Mr Lerner!

• Like 1

Apparently Keane has pulled out of tv commitments with itv for the world cup, so either the takeover is imminent or its miles off, I can't see Keane upsetting itv for a job that might last a month if the new buyers don't like him

You have a good point there meatball.  That ITV spot is a pretty cushty number, I know I wouldn't give it up for a job which didn't have assurances for the long term (which would be impossible unless new owners had ratified it in some way.

Either that or we've guaranteed him a big pay off if it does get cut short - which given the learnings of the last few years, Randy surely would not have allowed.