$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Tin hat on! Im not one of Lambert's biggest fans, but maybe if we have new owners and they keep him on till January give him 25 Million to spend, if we are in the shite and no improvement by January at least we have tried. We could get a new manager in and another 25 million should get us out of trouble.

I assume Kwan is not in mergers and acquisitions because he said he wasn't in that department.

I don't know how stringent their compliance is at BoA, but I seriously doubt the M&A team are passing any information around the bank. They certainly wouldn't be passing it over the theoretical and physical 'Chinese Wall'.

IF he sits on the private side (with his M&A department) then he's been disseminating private information which his employers certainly wouldn't appreciate if they knew. I doubt he'd have risked it.

Our M&A team is in the room next to us, they're separated by a glass wall (the glass 'Chinese Wall'), which is sound proof, in their own restricted area. They could be working on a high profile deal right now like, I dunno, let's say something silly - Apple taking over Facebook, and we wouldn't have a clue until the information was made public. We wouldn't even get the slightest whisper.

Not only are they physically separated from the rest of the bank, but they're also a highly secretive bunch. They have to be because Compliance monitor their interactions like they're in a high security prison; especially these days with the extra regulatory intensity.

The two main men working on this is an MD in London and a director in LA. I seriously doubt any information is permeating through the bank; especially not to those down the chain.

Whilst true your kinda talking in a mythical world though... Only today they rumbled some insider trading due to a linked in connection and from my time in capital markets I could write a book on the incidents that went on across the "wall" compliance dept or no compliance dept , some just stupidity ( forgetting to turn a microphone off and telling the entire trading floor the bskyb share price is over valued ) to some a bit more sinister in their intents ...I accept though I was there 14 years ago and things may have changed Edited by tonyh29

That makes it sound like selling a football club is really hard, only 40-50 potential buyers in the world and they have to find one! What are they doing, cold calling billionaires trying to flog us?

For whatever reason I can't imagine buying a football club for £200m is something you get talked in to doing by a banker who can talk a good game

That makes it sound like selling a football club is really hard, only 40-50 potential buyers in the world and they have to find one! What are they doing, cold calling billionaires trying to flog us?

For whatever reason I can't imagine buying a football club for £200m is something you get talked in to doing by a banker who can talk a good game

Have you seen Wolf of Wall street?

• Like 1

I just hope the new owners go and get Nicola Cortese as CEO and let him run things. Not many Chairman would have got rid of Nigel Adkins and bring in a virtual unknown in Pochettino. As his first job should be to get Pochettino as I think Southampton will cash in on Lallana and Shaw and he'll want off! There's a rumour somewhere about Saudis and a European CEO you never know it might be this!

• Like 1

Mods, if I ask politely, will you just delete all of the posts in this thread from Today? It could save someone's bacon, but more importantly, it would rid the world of any record of these woeful puns!!

Snoring hell, let's just go round and round procrastinating over who may or may not purchase us
Puns are painful at best. Repeating them over and over (mostly it's just people swapping it for the word 'can') is like aids. But mainly, I'm just concerned that 'The K-Man' has deleted his posts for a reason. His name being repeated over and over will not do him any good, in fact it could even do him some bad, or worst case scenario (and luckily, fairly unlikely) is that it has an effect on the actual sale.

Re Lambert - A lot depends on time-scales - if the new owners are coming to the table in August for example - they may think it better to start with the in situ manager - rather than start day 1 with a manager hunt. If they come in earlier than yes, even as a Lambert sympathiser - a fresh start would be best for all...

Of course theres always the possibility that Lambert won't want to stick around, and would rather find himself a new club

If they come in late that means no improvements on the squad. If that's the case I would want Lambert out. He's proven he can't get much out of this group of players.

I just hope the new owners go and get Nicola Cortese as CEO and let him run things. Not many Chairman would have got rid of Nigel Adkins and bring in a virtual unknown in Pochettino. As his first job should be to get Pochettino as I think Southampton will cash in on Lallana and Shaw and he'll want off! There's a rumour somewhere about Saudis and a European CEO you never know it might be this!

Good shout. I'd be up for that. Though I reckon Pochettino will be at Spurs by the time we have new owners.

Are the Dalian Wanda Group still looking for a club?  :)

I've had them in the back of my mind, apparently they've had dealings with Merrill Lynch but then again I suppose Merrill Lynch have had dealing with all the big hitters.

My worry would if we were taken over by someone who isn't worth much more than Randy then other clubs get taken over Dalian Wanda or Red Bull and we get left behind again in our ability to compete. So sad to think like that but money talks.

• Like 1

I would imagine Lambert will be gone by the end of this week by mutual consent. The odds on new owners coming in and keeping him on would be extremely slim and I can't see him wanting to hang around to find out the inevitable and possibly miss out on a job elsewhere in the mean time.

• Like 1

Randy Lerner May Get $340 Million For Aston Villa

Randy Lerner has officially announced he is selling Aston Villa. The former owner of the NFL’s Cleveland Browns could get $340 million for the English soccer team, according to people with knowledge of the market for soccer teams. Big picture: there are lots of rich people thanks to the run up in stock prices the past four years and very few teams for sale.

When Lerner purchased a 39% interest in the team in August, 2006 from Doug Ellis, the enterprise value placed on the transaction was $106 million. For its 2005-06 fiscal year the team generated revenue of $83 million and an operating loss (in the sense of earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization and player transfer gains or losses) of $5.1 million (Note: all figures use an exchange rate of 1 British Pound equals $1.69 U.S. dollar). At that time, the team had $65 million of liabilities stacked on top of just $46 million of equity.

Lerner repaired the team’s balance sheet by infusing it with more than $200 million of cash, much of it from personal loans. Lerner also renovated the teams grounds, Villa Park. Over the past five seasons, only five English soccer teams–Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Stoke City and Liverpool–have spent more, net, on player transfers, than Aston Villa. The team’s performance on the pitch. quickly improved under Lerner’s ownership.

After finishing no higher than 10th place in the English Premiership for three consecutive seasons, Aston Villa finished sixth each season from 2008 through 2010. But as Aston Villa’s performance has slipped back the past few seasons its supporters and head coach, Paul Lambert, have been complaining about the lack of investment in star players.

While one can dispute the state of Aston Villa on the pitch, there can be no doubting the team’s improved financial health during the past eight years. Lerner subsequently exchanged his personal loans to Aston Villa for equity, which eventually gave him 100% ownership of the team. For its current fiscal year Aston Villa expects to report revenue of $169 million and operating income of almost $29 million. And the team now has more equity than debt.

Bankers say 12 times operating income ($348 million) is a reasonable valuation for a team like Aston Villa, given its long history and solid brand (the team was established in 1874 and has captured seven league championships, seven FA Cups and is one of only five English teams to have won the Champions League). Aston Villa is not in jeopardy of relegation and will therefore continue to share in the Premier League’s lucrative television bounty, which pays the top 20 teams an average of $2.6 billion a season through 2016. For the 2012-13 season, Aston Villa’s share of the television loot was $76 million.

One area with upside: Villa Park, where attendance (relative to capacity) has been among the lowest in the Premier League despite the team having among the least expensive tickets. A new owner with deep pockets could possibly remedy that situation with a few more star players.

Forbes

I would imagine Lambert will be gone by the end of this week by mutual consent. The odds on new owners coming in and keeping him on would be extremely slim and I can't see him wanting to hang around to find out the inevitable and possibly miss out on a job elsewhere in the mean time.

Can't see the takeover happening by the end of the week and in that case I think it's unlikely that Lambert will be disposed of before that happens.

Can't see the takeover happening by the end of the week and in that case I think it's unlikely that Lambert will be disposed of before that happens.

I would be amazed if a takeover happens by the end of the week. That still doesn't change the fact that I see Lambert being gone by mutual agreement by the end of it. I doubt very much he will want to hang around for new owners to come in and get rid of him which seems inevitable. It is better for him to get out now and concentrate on getting a job elsewhere.

Edited by markavfc40