$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I really think people are giving Lerner to much credit - he's got pretty much all the big calls at the club wrong. Sure he provided the funds for existing projects Holte Pub, Training facilities - but his own plans ? - well there never were any. .....that came to fruition....

I think that statement is the very last we will hear from him - hes lost £100m - and being kind we are now exactly where we were before he arrived. - He's drawn a line in the sand ....."FFS get this monster off my hands"  - We can only hope and trust to luck - that some bored tycoon magically appears - because if they do it won't due to any shrewd business acumen on Lerners part.......our next owner is pot luck....

• Like 1

Listen! Lerner and his merry men would not state they have a buyer due to confidentiality and also in case that buyer drops out. The press are been fed bull at the moment until the sale is tied up. It was not long ago Faulkner was claiming Lerner is still 100% with AVFC and he wasn't interested in selling and we know that was *******S.

I imagine AVFC is 95% sold and Lerner has invited Faulkner and Lambert out to explain the next process.

Wishful thinking IMO - I really think he would have said negotiations ongoing - 

My mate who works as an auditor for Delloite in London (He's a baggies fan but not really that interested in football) just text me saying 'apparently someone Ronald Pearlman is buying Villa'. 

Googled the name and I think he must have meant a chap called Ronald Perelman, lives in New York apparently. 

Haven't a foggiest if this is true or complete crap but he said someone at work told him. Not ITK don't think he knows what he's on about tbh

Wasn't she Carla from 'Cheers' ?

• Like 1

My mate who works as an auditor for Delloite in London (He's a baggies fan but not really that interested in football) just text me saying 'apparently someone Ronald Pearlman is buying Villa'. 

Googled the name and I think he must have meant a chap called Ronald Perelman, lives in New York apparently. 

Haven't a foggiest if this is true or complete crap but he said someone at work told him. Not ITK don't think he knows what he's on about tbh

Probably on a wind up.

Lerner had to make a statement because of the mounting pressure.

If he had a buyer he would have told us.

Give it up will you

as much as i don't want to admit it i think there's something in this. His hand was forced statementwise.

how was his hand forced exactly?

we're pretty used to being utterly terrible by now, what changed exactly?

Wasn't she Carla from 'Cheers' ?

Quick google - he's a greengrocer !!!! Lol    [worth 14.1bn $] though 

Edited by smetrov

I just hope that the next owner who ever he may be appoints a decent manager, who is rounded and has a broad skill base.

If they do, they may be shocked as to how easy this job can actually be.

• Like 1