$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Kwan's Gonna Tell Us

I Heard That Kwan's Gonna Tell Us

Kwan's Gonna Telllllll Ussss

Google Clark Hunt & FC Dallas - Throw in the fact that he has previously bid for Crystal Palace and West Ham - and he has links to Randy Lerner  - its easy to get carried away - But I reckon he's our man. 

Someone claims in TBAR that all staff in Villa have been asked to apply again for their job...if that's true, I wonder what will happen to our Jack!

Clearly cobblers because if there was a takeover all of the staff would transfer automatically under TUPE.

TUPE?

Yes. Without being too anal, the Transfer of Undertaking (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006.

Ah thanks, as I'm not from UK I don't know english laws.

Nor do most of the buggers on VT either!!! ;)

Kwan's Gonna Tell Us

Google Clark Hunt & FC Dallas - Throw in the fact that he has previously bid for Crystal Palace and West Ham - and he has links to Randy Lerner  - its easy to get carried away - But I reckon he's our man. 

A few people speculating the other day that it might be AEG and Hunt as part of a consortium. Apparently their families have close ties and we play both their teams in the summer. Clark is only worth 2 billion dollars and it would seem strange to me for someone to spend a large chunk of that on a football team.

• Like 1

Basically if you're a multi billionaire and like sport a lot, acquiring a football club is like real life champ manager.

As long as you have SOME constraints you won't ruin your life.

Remember to wash

Kwan's Gonna Tell Us

A few people speculating the other day that it might be AEG and Hunt as part of a consortium. Apparently their families have close ties and we play both their teams in the summer. Clark is only worth 2 billion dollars and it would seem strange to me for someone to spend a large chunk of that on a football team.

Yup - but he bid £120m for palace.

Runs a struggling FC Dallas as Kwan said 

To be honest if he was interested in Palace and West Ham - unless he's a london enthusiast - why would he not be interested in a much better value (non london premuim) AVFC  

• Like 1

Kwan's Gonna Tell Us

Lol "only" 2 billion.

• Like 1

The puns have gone so far that people just keep repeating them thinking they were the first to make them up. Just really boring. Anyone know anything about this alleged 200 million take over btw?

Tell me about it. Quantum of Solace has been used three times ffs! I don't even intend to watch it once.

Money's a precious thing. If we want to be about more than a flash in the pan we need someone wealthier than that. As upsetting as that may be.

Funny how quickly people go from simply wanting a change of ownership to seemingly only being happy with being bought by somebody who has the wealth to do a Man City. It's not even like having a really really wealthy owner (in comparison to the rest of the league) is a guarantee for heavy spending.

Money's a precious thing. If we want to be about more than a flash in the pan we need someone wealthier than that. As upsetting as that may be.

Funny how quickly people go from simply wanting a change of ownership to seemingly only being happy with being bought by somebody who has the wealth to do a Man City. It's not even like having a really really wealthy owner (in comparison to the rest of the league) is a guarantee for heavy spending.

Yeah weren't people saying anyone but Lerner as long as they know how to run a successful company! 

I assume Kwan is not in mergers and acquisitions because he said he wasn't in that department.

I don't know how stringent their compliance is at BoA, but I seriously doubt the M&A team are passing any information around the bank. They certainly wouldn't be passing it over the theoretical and physical 'Chinese Wall'.

IF he sits on the private side (with his M&A department) then he's been disseminating private information which his employers certainly wouldn't appreciate if they knew. I doubt he'd have risked it.

Our M&A team is in the room next to us, they're separated by a glass wall (the glass 'Chinese Wall'), which is sound proof, in their own restricted area. They could be working on a high profile deal right now like, I dunno, let's say something silly - Apple taking over Facebook, and we wouldn't have a clue until the information was made public. We wouldn't even get the slightest whisper.

Not only are they physically separated from the rest of the bank, but they're also a highly secretive bunch. They have to be because Compliance monitor their interactions like they're in a high security prison; especially these days with the extra regulatory intensity.

The two main men working on this is an MD in London and a director in LA. I seriously doubt any information is permeating through the bank; especially not to those down the chain.

So you're a banker, huh.

RvxU1KW.gif

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Apple taking over Facebook, 

I assume Kwan is not in mergers and acquisitions because he said he wasn't in that department.

I don't know how stringent their compliance is at BoA, but I seriously doubt the M&A team are passing any information around the bank. They certainly wouldn't be passing it over the theoretical and physical 'Chinese Wall'.

IF he sits on the private side (with his M&A department) then he's been disseminating private information which his employers certainly wouldn't appreciate if they knew. I doubt he'd have risked it.

Our M&A team is in the room next to us, they're separated by a glass wall (the glass 'Chinese Wall'), which is sound proof, in their own restricted area. They could be working on a high profile deal right now like, I dunno, let's say something silly - Apple taking over Facebook, and we wouldn't have a clue until the information was made public. We wouldn't even get the slightest whisper.

Not only are they physically separated from the rest of the bank, but they're also a highly secretive bunch. They have to be because Compliance monitor their interactions like they're in a high security prison; especially these days with the extra regulatory intensity.

The two main men working on this is an MD in London and a director in LA. I seriously doubt any information is permeating through the bank; especially not to those down the chain.

How certain are you that this Apple/Facebook takeover is going ahead?  ;)

No, seriously that was an interesting read. It makes sense that billion dollar deals are kept away from the public domain and to do that there has to be a wall of silence within the banks dealing with them.

I never simply just wanted a change of ownership for sake of it nor do I expect a Man City style takeover. But what I want and expect will have no bearing on what happens anyway.

• Like 1

Apple taking over Facebook, 

How certain are you that this Apple/Facebook takeover is going ahead?  ;)

No, seriously that was an interesting read. It makes sense that billion dollar deals are kept away from the public domain and to do that there has to be a wall of silence within the banks dealing with them.

Which makes it even more unlikely that random people on the internets and attention seekers like Collymore have the first clue about what is really going on