Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

The promo stuff I've seen for the next episode looks very promising, seems like the pace is being kept up and Bran's story has a couple of interesting appearances.

Not sure if it's been said on here but a theory I've heard to do with the three eyed raven:

Spoiler

The three eyed raven is Bran himself. A version of Bran who travelled back to the past with his warging ability and got stuck, and so has had to re-live the many years of the world, until the current point in time. As he says "it is beautiful beneath the sea, but stay too long and you will drown". Perhaps the three eyed raven could not return to his own time after staying too long. In the Tower of Joy vision, Bran calls Ned's name and it appears as though Ned can hear him. Perhaps the longer one stays in the past, the more a part of that "dimension" they become. This theory doesn't explain how he hasn't died of old age though.

That would be a bit far fetched and pointless even for this fantasy world.  The writing shouldn't need to stretch to those limits in order to explain things, so I hope it's not the case.

Best episode so far. As for the end...

Spoiler

Really good but very sad. How long did it take everyone before you were like 'Ohhh, so THAT'S why...'?

8 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Best episode so far. As for the end...

Hide contents

Really good but very sad. How long did it take everyone before you were like 'Ohhh, so THAT'S why...'?

Spoiler

Shit is finally going down. Not scared to admit I shed a tear at the end. For both Wyllis' :(

Ok, so I'm exactly a half hour into this episode, and for the first time ever I've paused it because it was so bad.

WTF was that?

I really hope this one turns around, cuz that was comically bad.

Not too sure what has occurred up to the half hour mark but this is an intense episode.  Having said that I did laugh out loud once.  Maybe the beers.  Next week trailor does look game changing as well.  It's all coming together.

Exciting and moving final sequence, but even that sequence was a little corny. The dialogue was noticeably diminished in quality, and almost all the scenes were too drawn out. Only the Baelish scene and some of the Ironborn stuff was up to standard, IMO. Even the Ironborn scene was ridiculous in how Theon and his sister managed to steal that fleet of ships without being noticed. Very disappointed with the episode, the thing was almost slapstick at points. And the theatre sequence was WAY too long, and totally unnecessary if you think about it. Can't be too hard on the show though, it's been a great season so far. I hope that was just a fluke episode.

Edited by maqroll
spelling

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Exciting and moving final sequence, but even that sequence was a little corny. The dialogue was noticeably diminished in quality, and almost all the scenes were too drawn out. Only the Baelish scene and some of the Ironborn stuff was up to standard, IMO. Even the Ironborn scene was ridiculous in how Theon and his sister managed to steal that fleet of ships without being noticed. Very disappointed with the episode, the thing was almost slapstick at points. And the theatre sequence was WAY too long, and totally unnecessary if you think about it. Can't be too hard on the show though, it's been a great season so far. I hope that was just a fluke episode.

What didn't you like at the half hour mark which made you turn it off? I didn't really see anything disappointing... 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What didn't you like at the half hour mark which made you turn it off?

The theatre scene, and just about every other scene in the episode besides the Baelish one. The rest of it seemed kind of hokey and low budget. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

Also about today episode...

Spoiler

Did they create a paradox with that episode?

Hodor is the one who takes Bran to the tree, where Bran travels to the past and creates Hodor. Hodor, as we know him, was created by somebody who wasn't yet born. 

If Bran didn't cause Hodor his seizure, he wouldn't have been his caretaker, and wouldn't have taken him to the place where he caused Hodor's seizure. 

Isn't that a paradox? In the initial timeline, there would be no Bran in Hodors life, so Hodor wouldn't have taken Bran to the tree, so Hodor would have never become Hodor? 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Also about today episode...

Hide contents

Did they create a paradox with that episode?

Hodor is the one who takes Bran to the tree, where Bran travels to the past and creates Hodor. Hodor, as we know him, was created by somebody who wasn't yet born. 

If Bran didn't cause Hodor his seizure, he wouldn't have been his caretaker, and wouldn't have taken him to the place where he caused Hodor's seizure. 

Isn't that a paradox? In the initial timeline, there would be no Bran in Hodors life, so Hodor wouldn't have taken Bran to the tree, so Hodor would have never become Hodor? 

Spoiler

Bootstrap paradox. Look it up. It's interesting.

• Like 1

Â