Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Spoiler

Yeah it's a paradox, but there are theories that time doesn't flow in a linear fashion. It happens all the time in time travel TV shows and movies, it's hardly the first time this has been an issue. Marty McFly was the one who got his own parents together, after all.

1 minute ago, Ginko said:
  Hide contents

Yeah it's a paradox, but there are theories that time doesn't flow in a linear fashion. It happens all the time in time travel TV shows and movies, it's hardly the first time this has been an issue. Marty McFly was the one who got his own parents together, after all.

Marty's parents got together originally.  It's just that when he went back and she fancied him, he had to re-engineer it all again.  But yeah this GoT one is a paradox but by no means unprecedented in TV/film.  Terminator would be a better analogy where the guy who goes back to protect Sarah Connors is the one who knocks her up to create the guy the Terminator goes back to kill.  Total paradox.

That was bad ass!

Spoiler

Personally I loved the theatre scene, as it featured 'The Actor Kevin Eldon', which made me laugh out loud. The final scene with the White Walkers, and their zombie army was amazing. Reminded me of Army of Darkness, as well as bit of Jason and the Argonauts. As for Hodor, I was honestly on the verge of shedding a tear.

One of the best GoT episodes yet for me.  

Liked:  Kevin Eldon's cameo.  The whole theatre scene was delightful, both as comic relief and as Arya's character arc.  She's being overtly reminded of her past by the faceless men and it's interesting to see how she handles it. 

Euron Greyjoy channeling Lord Flashheart.  The Kingsmoot being about 37 hours shorter than it was in the books. 

Disliked: 

Spoiler

Bran's time paradox.  Really?  Really? 

Decent episode.

I'd heard it was great and... it isn't. Couple of interesting moments and obviously the reveal at the end was fantastic but other than that... meh. I continue to not particularly like Bran's plot, and the more they do with it the less I like it.

said it before Max Von Sydow agent is on fire at moment. Game of Thrones and Star Wars last few months and he has hardly had to move in either of them

Spoiler

Bran is just so boring, Arya and Iron Throne not that much better 

weak episode until last 15 minutes or so

• Like 1

Well at least it's actually going somewhere now, which makes a pleasant change.  And the more White Walker coverage the better in my view.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Technically it's still Westeros though...

Hmmmm I guess it's whether you define them as human or not. When I said anybody I was referring to the mortals.

Either way i'm wrong though because Jon Snuuuur's 'body' status is questionable.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

So here's a crazy crack-pot theory of how GoT could end in relation to Bran, it more than likely won't, this is pure speculation from a conversation between me and a friend,  but you never know...

THIS IS NOT A SPOILER ABOUT THE EPISODE JUST GONE - IT'S A THEORY ON HOW TH STORY WILL END

Spoiler

So we know Bran is named after Bran The Builder, right? Bran The Builder built the Wall, Winterfell and was the founder of House Stark. What if Bran The Builder was actually just Bran (he can walk in his timetravel), but gone back in time TO build the Wall, build Winterfell and create House Stark. Another shitty paradox but there we are. Now what if Bran The Builder in his timeline after building The Wall, Winterfell and House Stark went north of the wall to that tree to Worg or go to the future to see how it all pans out, but then the tree people (can't remember their name) fear for their lives, turn Bran The Builder into a White Walker with dragon glass and the main White Knight dude is actually.... Bran from a different timeline? Then maybe only Bran could kill the White Walker because they are "connected"... in the same way Voldermort and Harry Potter are ha. To kill the White Walker, Bran would have to also sacrifice himself.

Chances of this being the case.... zero. But would be kinda cool if it was.

Â