Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Well, all I can say is that people have been wanting to see Bennett and Albrighton in a 442 (some people, very occasionally). Shame the balls are into Holt and not Benteke. Bowery>Helenius is a joke surely...

On the plus side, the Fulham team is pretty dire too. 1-1.

This is possibly as bad a line up as that match where we had a midfield of Heskey, Warnock and Clark under Big Eck.

Yeah but for the most part this has been enforced by injury - Benteke, Okore, N'Zogbia, Gabby, El Ahmadi and Delph (presumably) are all out injured. 5 of those would be starting and N'Zogbia would be on the bench if fit.

Everyone's moaning at Lambert and going on about "how far this club has fallen" but can people honestly not see how bad we're struggling with injuries at the moment?

Well we're clearly struggling :(  

And I wasn't moaning at Lambert, in case that was the implication

Could we possibly line up this way.

Bacuna Baker Vlaar Bertrand

------Lowton Westwood------

Albrighton--------- Bennett

---------Wiemann----------

---------Holt-------------

I am sure Lowton played some games as a DM at Sheffield didn't he?

Edited by KSV

Don't think it matters what way we line up. That is a championship team on paper. Awful!

Our left side is going to get murdered when Bennett tries going for the same balls as Bertrand.

6 defenders on the pitch is just diabolical. No attacking threat whatsoever apart from hoof it to Holt and hope his immobile lump can knock balls down to Weimann who has the first touch of a rapist.

Whatever this "project" is that Lambert keeps going on about, I hope it ends this summer when he gets his P45.

So who is he supposed to pick today then? - it's a serious question

From our usual first teamers, we have KEA, Delph, Gabby and Benteke missing, add to the injury list, Gardner, Okore, Helenius, N'Zogbia et al - we have no one left!?!?!

PL, for all his faults cannot be blamed with today's enforced changes...

I see what you are getting at but we have an U21 side brimming with players who could use this chance to make the step up and impress.

Lambert just picks the same XI if they are available, regardless of form, so you reap what you sow.

Don't think it matters what way we line up. That is a championship team on paper. Awful!

To be fair that side would struggle against most Championship sides so we cant expect to win today with that line up.

Edited by KSV

Just to demonstrate how bad the injury situation is at the moment, we're missing 1 one of our 4 starting defenders, 2 of our 3 starting midfielders, 2 of our 3 starting forwards and another forward, midfielder and a winger who would most certainly all be on the bench.

Edited by Mantis

Our left side is going to get murdered when Bennett tries going for the same balls as Bertrand.

6 defenders on the pitch is just diabolical. No attacking threat whatsoever apart from hoof it to Holt and hope his immobile lump can knock balls down to Weimann who has the first touch of a rapist.

Whatever this "project" is that Lambert keeps going on about, I hope it ends this summer when he gets his P45.

So who is he supposed to pick today then? - it's a serious question

From our usual first teamers, we have KEA, Delph, Gabby and Benteke missing, add to the injury list, Gardner, Okore, Helenius, N'Zogbia et al - we have no one left!?!?!

PL, for all his faults cannot be blamed with today's enforced changes...

I see what you are getting at but we have an U21 side brimming with players who could use this chance to make the step up and impress.

Lambert just picks the same XI if they are available, regardless of form, so you reap what you sow.

We lacking in numbers even in our reserves - maybe Daniel Johnson could've been given a chance in midfield today.

FWIW I think we'll see Robinson getting game time today as Holt will not last the full 90 minutes.

Delph and Gabby out?

So that could be over 4 first team players out.

Obviously we should still be scoring 10 and playing perfect football against everyone!

Holt will start and everyone will decide that he will be shit before he’s even kicked a ball, Villa fan logic.

I don't know what you mean.... 

AVFC Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Bertrand, Westwood, Bennett, Bacuna, Albrighton, Weimann, Holt. #AVFCLIVE

FFS, **** off Holt.

.... oh I get it. 

• Like 1